News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mother's Younger Brother

Mother's Younger Brother Profile Photo
Member Name: Mother's Younger Brother
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

James Lapine pens stage adaptation of Moss Hart's  Jul 18 2012, 05:37:11 PM
Awesome -- Act One is my favorite book!
re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording  Feb 1 2011, 05:50:18 PM
Boy, this is an old thread!

Does anyone have any information on the "live" Paris recording? Is it indeed different from the original concept and the 1991 recordings?

PROMISES, PROMISES - LONDON CAST RECORDING!  Aug 17 2010, 03:04:06 PM
...SPOILER...?

Love love LOVE the bonus track! Just as I was reading the liner notes and thinking, "Ok, Bruce -- where's the UK studio recording and the Italian release?" there's the bonus track. You're spoiling all of us Promises Fanboys!

PROMISES, PROMISES - LONDON CAST RECORDING!  Jul 27 2010, 07:14:12 PM
WOW!! Thanks again, Bruce...I ordered mine the second I saw this thread yesterday.

Are you at liberty to give us any details about which stars aligned and how this one came to be?

2 CD SET HEAD'S UP  Jul 9 2010, 03:08:36 PM
Huh! I thought it might be something like that. Thanks for the info, AND for including it.

And my ears tell me that's not the only crack of hers you fixed.

2 CD SET HEAD'S UP  Jul 9 2010, 01:13:00 PM
Hey Bruce, I wanted to ask about the hidden track.

Is there a story about why that was recorded? Was it intended as a B-side to something...were they just playing around in the studio and wanted to do it?

Just curious. She sounds fantastic singing it. :)

LOVE NEVER DIES to Get a New Director/Choreographer for NY?  Jul 7 2010, 06:15:03 PM
As if the direction and choreography were REALLY what's wrong with it.
2 CD SET HEAD'S UP  Jul 6 2010, 01:36:39 PM
Thank you for the scans, Carlos -- and thank you again, Bruce, for this ridiculously fun, well-deserved remastering. It's like hearing the score for the first time all over again. I love the revival recording, but you've insured that the world has a definitive OCR, with that sound that could ONLY have been captured during the period.

In particular, the work you did on "Where Can You Take A Girl" is incredible. That song had always been my one skipped track on the OCR, and it wasn't

PROMISES, PROMISES - OCR NEW 2 CD SET HEAD'S UP  Jul 1 2010, 06:50:44 PM
^^ My thoughts exactly! I'm so glad to hear they've shipped already, and can't wait to hear it.

Thank you for this "labor of love."

Vicki Lewis as Fanny Brice???  Jun 1 2010, 03:50:27 PM
I agree with Michael Bennett -- she's otherwise perfect for the role. Although it's a little funny to think that she was playing Mamma Rose two years ago. )
Debbie Reynolds in talks to replace Lansbury in ALNM?  May 3 2010, 12:43:04 PM
How quickly we forget the first two Madame Armfeldts:

Hermione Gingold (OBC)

Margaret Hamilton (national tour)

Can we really look at those two, however much we love them, and honestly question the "in her prime" alure of Angela Lansbury or Debbie Reynolds?

BWW TV: PROMISES, PROMISES Video Preview!  Apr 22 2010, 06:26:39 PM
Saw the show Saturday night, and I thought Sean Hayes was fantastic -- every audience member around me seemed to feel the same way. He's completely charming. I just kept thinking, "What a terrific Broadway debut."
American Idiot or Rock of Ages?  Apr 5 2010, 08:36:12 PM
For what it's worth, I don't consider myself a "big Green Day fan" (other than a few songs I've heard on the radio) and I thought American Idiot was brilliant. I saw it twice during it's Berkeley run and would've seen it more if I had the time.
LOVE NEVER DIES Changes Likely Before Broadway Run  Mar 25 2010, 04:56:23 PM
The problems with the show are not JUST the book and lyrics -- the problems are fundamental. The story itself is revisionist history, doing its best to tell us what the creators NOW think The Phantom of the Opera has been about for the last 23 years. The "plot" (what little there is of it -- mostly contrived twists and character elements) is soap opera camp at best.

Yes, like most ALW shows there are several glorious melodies in there, but the show itself is just a plain old bad idea

Playbill Bios: To Thank God or not?  Mar 23 2010, 07:46:00 PM
I tend to prefer the resume-style bios. As a very good friend of mine (and fellow performer) says, "It's your bio -- not your Academy Awards acceptance speech."
Patti LuPone fanmail question  Feb 26 2010, 01:33:10 PM
I once handed Patti an original London cast Les Miserables souvenir program to sign. She signed a big "P" on it, then said, "Wait a minute -- is this mine? 'Cause I don't sign the Broadway one!"

LOVE. HER.

My boyfriend later commented that somewhere out there, there's a Broadway souvenir program with a big silver "P" on it.

Neil Patrick Harris to Direct RENT at the Hollywood Bowl  Feb 26 2010, 01:29:37 PM
^^ I've been thinking the same thing. Rent (at least the stage version) is what, a six-piece band?
Hate Group To Protest 'RENT' in Sacramento  Feb 2 2010, 06:40:07 PM
Protesting a nearly 14-year-old musical that's already played Sacramento twice...as usual, RIIIIGHT in-step with the times, those Christians.

re: American idiot NY time review  Oct 21 2009, 03:49:37 PM
Interesting! I think Isherwood's review is right-on. I felt comparisons to "Hair" as well. The whole thing, though, works almost more as a ballet than a traditional musical. Yes, there's a plot, but the show succeeds at conveying moods and states of mind simply by its overall tone, rather than directly through the plot. It's the sum of its parts, rather than a through-story highlighted by stand-out songs.

Anyway, I loved the show and will be seeing it again in a couple weeks.

re: Jonathan Groff & Marti Cummings take a TRAPEZE class...VERY FUNNY  Oct 5 2009, 12:37:51 PM
Groffie couldn't have at least worn a tank top?!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You