News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joey.

Joey. Profile Photo
Member Name: Joey.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Anarchist and Patti Lupone
 Jul 31 2012, 10:23:35 PM
"Patti Lupone" almost drives me as crazy as "Elena Rodgers."
EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
 May 5 2012, 02:11:19 PM

Yes, actually. Something like this would be much better.

EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
 May 5 2012, 12:11:49 AM

Ew.

Evita recordings: completeness of concept album vs American premiere album
 Apr 27 2012, 10:35:03 AM
Yeehaw!!
The END OF THE RAINBOW LOVE (only) thread.
 Apr 8 2012, 07:21:05 PM
Wow, really? Are you so emotionally invested that you are incapable of reading mixed responses in a single thread?
Just back from END OF THE RAINBOW!
 Apr 8 2012, 12:00:16 PM
I saw the play on Saturday the 31st and was appalled as well. Left during intermission.

Tracie is quite an energetic performer, but the play itself is garbage. As so many here have expressed - vulgar drag show tabloid nonsense.

The nail in the coffin for me was the radio interview in the first act. And that was even before the "mange pills" scene.

If you really and truly love the woman and feel that her legacy is one of ultimate joy, humor, and CLASS in the face of so

EVITA Alternate Schedule Announced
 Jan 30 2012, 05:27:54 PM
Oh thank christ. :P
Do you think that Mandy and Patti will be at the opening night of the Evita revival?
 Jan 28 2012, 11:59:14 PM
I don't see why Patti and Mandy wouldn't see the show at some point. I'm sure they will. It might not be on opening night, but still.
Elena Roger playing matinees in Evita?
 Jan 25 2012, 05:35:38 PM
I bought tickets for a Thursday evening performance 3 weeks ago. You guys suck lol.
Evita Alternate Performances Dates?
 Jan 4 2012, 01:09:58 AM
Well I guess now I better pray that she's performing on the night I have tickets for. Planning my whole vacation around this. :P
 Jan 4 2012, 12:43:30 AM
"BrodyFosse, I saw the alternate Christine in Phantom on a Thursday night last March, so that may have been true in the beginning but I don't know if it is anymore...or the schedule could switch around."

It's possible she could have been ill that night, correct? *shrugs*

Jan 3 2012, 03:35:22 PM
I just assumed she wouldn't be performing the matinees and bought tickets for an evening performance on Thursday, March 29th.
Official! Lauren Ambrose to Star in FUNNY GIRL!
 Aug 3 2011, 02:16:39 PM
Who the hell is she playing, Fanny O'Malley?

I'm sorry, I realize the girl's a fine actress, but there's absolutely nothing "a bit off-balance" about her. And can she belt? That clip of her singing "My Man" is functional at best.

She's a slice of soda bread on a plate full of onion rolls. Not a bagel in sight.

Recording of Merman's FINAL Rose's Turn in GYPSY
 Jul 16 2011, 05:53:26 PM
What HistoryBoy2 said.
Angela Lansbury wants Gaga on Broadway as Mame!
 Jun 8 2011, 03:49:28 AM
Double post.
Angela Lansbury wants Gaga on Broadway as Mame!
 Jun 8 2011, 03:49:21 AM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GaGa-as-Fanny-Brice-in-Funny-Girl/153078344758907

Ghostlight to Record ANYTHING GOES for Summer 2011 Release
 Jun 3 2011, 12:40:16 AM
Woohoo! :)
Evita Recordings
 May 12 2011, 04:19:41 AM
"I like the Original cast recording of Evita with Elaine Paige. I thinks she sang this role better than Patti."

I don't understand this at all. The OLCR is unlistenable for me. She sounds labored through the whole thing and she screams the notes she can't hit. I'm not saying she can't sing, I just think that at the time she played that role, her voice hadn't matured yet.

Patti's performance on the OBCR, while more reserved and scaled back than how she would come to service the

Evita Recordings
 May 10 2011, 12:46:29 PM
Well, the OBC recording is best, as is the Madrid cast. Paloma is a KILLER Eva.

My guilty pleasure EVITA cast recording has to be the '97 Japanese tour cast album. It features my favorite arrangements and orchestrations of the show and the cast is terrific.

Are Lea and Idina really staring in Carrie?
 May 7 2011, 02:12:07 AM
Staring at what?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You