News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sienner921

Member Name: Sienner921
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Falsettoland
 May 7 2005, 06:19:11 PM
Thanks to everyone...big help!
Falsettoland
 May 7 2005, 11:33:51 AM
Does anyone have a sound clip of "What Would I Do" from Falsettoland. My choir director chose it for me to sing as a senior spotlight during out final performance on Tuesday and I've never even heard the song. I'm very nervous as it is because I am a strong alto and I'm not even comfortable with it! ANY assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!
re: Scenes for an audition/master class
 Feb 2 2005, 03:56:47 PM
I would love to see them...PM more or email @ savana921@msn.com
Scenes for an audition/master class
 Feb 1 2005, 10:12:03 PM
wanted: dialogue for a master class, 2 female/1 male, any genre.

Any ideas? I'm up for anything.

re: Gag Awards
 Feb 1 2005, 10:10:56 PM
wow those are some good ones! I esp. like most likely to fall in the pit. We have a few of those types this year!
re: Gag Awards
 Jan 31 2005, 08:55:16 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, last year my friend got a "last minute award" for being cast late, Biggest cupcake (glinda's dress in WoZ) etc.

This year's show has been so dry though and me and the other seniors are having trouble thinking of stuff. We're doing Hello, Dolly! and I was thinking of stupid stuff like Best looking in a corset

IDK!

Gag Awards
 Jan 31 2005, 08:23:35 PM
I'm trying to think of categories for my HS theater awards. Its just a little something the seniors do for all of the underclassmen ("paper-plate awards") but I'm having trouble remembering any. Of course they often relate to things that happen during rehersals/costumes/characters/etc. butI'm just looking for some ideas. Anyone ever do this in hs, and if so, what were some of the awards? Thanks!
re: I need some unbiased opinions...
 Jan 17 2005, 05:29:01 PM
Too bad we don't live in Oz, eh? lol
 Jan 17 2005, 09:53:24 AM
zno I get what you're saying. Where I'm coming from in my HS I just feel like we have SUCH a talented student body and there are people that could handle the leads from ALL grades and I feel like the upperclassmen should be looked at first. That just the way it is at my school.

Etoile: she is the "most musical..." because everyone (director) puts her up on a pedastool...A lot of people, myself included, are just as talented, but everyone see's her as this musical goddess because she's b

Jan 16 2005, 10:48:09 PM
haha well I'm glad to see so many people see where I'm coming from on this one. I'm not really a jealous person, I swear, it's just INCREDIBLY frustrating, as you all seem to agree. It would be a different story if she was an incredible actress. She did get into Tisch so I can't knock her so much, yeah she has talent. It's just, well, annoying.

And Derech: I like that philosophy, the best deserves the part, but I also have to say that in a high school show, seniority should also play a

re: What are you listening to right now?
 Jan 16 2005, 08:17:13 PM
No Good Deed from Wicked, along with the whole soundtrack :)
 Jan 16 2005, 08:08:19 PM
That's exactly way this girl I'm talking about is...and it's horrible. I feel bad "gossiping" but I just don't think its fair. I mean even outside of "talent"
I need some unbiased opinions...
 Jan 16 2005, 07:57:17 PM
At my high school there is a girl and she's the most musical, most theatrical, all that jazz. Basically its all "by the book" training since she was three. I personally feel she has no emotion when she sings or acts. Her junior year she was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and her senior year she was Dolly in Hello, Dolly! and her characters were the SAME people. Besides the fact that she's a soprano (they actually held callbacks just to see if she could manage as an alto...ya know, carol channing) t
re: What is it with middle schools and Into the Woods?
 Jan 16 2005, 07:47:35 PM
Because it's an AWESOME show...in fact, the BEST! lol umm I haven't heard of many jr. high shows doing it. Last year our rival high school did it and it was absolutely fabulous. If the director feels the students can handle it than so be it, although a lot of directors are just crappy english teachers :-/
re: In A Chorus Line...
 Jan 16 2005, 02:08:38 PM
Tell me about it...
 Jan 16 2005, 02:01:16 PM
unfortunately this stupid sheet music doesn't even present it as a trio...I play the piano and for the life of me can't figure this out. Oh well, I'll figure something out thanks anyway
 Jan 16 2005, 01:56:43 PM
I picked it up from the library...its in A Chorus Line book but it seems pretty random to me. Anyway you could scan me the copy you have? I'm getting nowhere with what I have
 Jan 16 2005, 01:53:19 PM
CJR: It's just the sheet music that I have. It's crap and it doesn't even have the harmony on there. I know how it's supposed to sound, it just isn't written that way for whatever reason, unless I'm reading it completely incorrectly
 Jan 16 2005, 01:49:42 PM
yeah, well now Im just in the process of finding a harmony. I'll end up just making one up myself and throwing it in there...it always works out like that. and if not we'll show up with a diff song prepared and our director will just have to deal with it lol
 Jan 16 2005, 01:45:49 PM
Yeah, Maggie's part isn't going to be in it. Believe me, if it was my decision I would grab another person, but the teacher told me and this girl to do At The Ballet as a duet. I don't even know what she was thinking but yeah, thats where I'm at right now

--and yeah I LOVE maggie's part lol

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You