News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PennybankBill

PennybankBill Profile Photo
Member Name: PennybankBill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alec Baldwin Sounds Off on Brantley  May 11 2013, 02:40:31 PM
Oy gevalt, suestorm. You're like a broken ****ing record.
Comedy Songs.....  Mar 6 2013, 04:41:02 PM
"You were dead, you know" is, in my opinion one of the funniest songs in CANDIDE.
Unpopular Opinions  Mar 6 2013, 04:23:59 PM
Wait, now I'm pretentious? Buddy, you don't know me and I sure as hell don't know you, but I was just saying Sondheim doesn't seem very pretentious when he lists two comedies rife with dick and fart jokes as his favorite movies.
Unpopular Opinions  Mar 6 2013, 07:46:48 AM
" I think Stephen Sondheim is pretentious "

Really, the guy who has said at different times that SOUTH PARK: BIGGER, LONGER, AND UNCUT as well as TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE were his favorite films, is pretentious?

Anyways, here's some opinions:
-I hate RENT
-I loathe AVENUE Q
-I loved BOUNCE (The whole production)
-Peter Sellars, Robert Wilson, and Anne Bogart are the best directors working today.
-I hated ROAD SHOW
-I think David Mamet still has one mor

Kenneth Branagh to possibly direct CINDERELLA film  Mar 1 2013, 07:50:25 AM
So glad to see him back in the spotlight again.
Into the Woods Movie Cast  Feb 26 2013, 04:17:54 PM
^^^^^^^
No. Just no.

Best(or worst) Act 1 closers?  Feb 25 2013, 07:53:44 PM
Best
CANDIDE-Quartet Finale
EVITA-A New Argentina
CABARET-Tomorrow Belongs to Me
LES MIS-One Day More
NINE-Bells of St. Sebastian
SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE-Sunday
WILL ROGERS FOLLIES-I've Got You/Marry Me Now
Worst
URINETOWN-Look at the Sky!

Susan Stroman's HAPPINESS  Feb 17 2013, 07:59:10 PM
Damn, I was expecting this to be an adaptation of Todd Solondz's film.
Jane Lynch to Broadway  Feb 13 2013, 04:55:54 PM
I know Jane lynch has never Broadwayed before, but has she Regional Theatre'd before?

Speaking of, when is Kevin Spacey gonna Broadway again?

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Jan 6 2013, 02:38:21 AM
Kevin Spacey was originally going to play Mackie The Knife in THREEPENNY '06 as well as
Edie Falco as Mrs. Peachum and Wallace Shawn (who also did the horrendous translation!) as Mr. Peachum before Ana Gasteyer and Jim Dale filled those roles.

Leo Burmester in Les Mis  Jan 2 2013, 02:44:53 PM
I was not alive when he played Thenardier on Broadway, so all I have to go by for performance is the OBC and The Tony Performance (which is not much!) The point being I thought he came across as cartoony, he was a bad singer, and I wanted to know why Alun Armstrong wasn't brought over to Broadway!
Happiest Finales?  Jan 1 2013, 03:58:10 PM
LuminousBeing, I don't see how "Make Our Garden Grow" is a happy ending. I think it's more of a depressing but truthful realisation that nothing is for the best. I cry every time i hear it.
re: Your Worst Musical Ideas  Nov 25 2012, 02:21:55 AM
O KARL! The Life of Karl Marx and Frederich Engels...as played By Nathan Lane and Roger Bart!

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE! Andrew Lloyd Webber musicalizes the transcripts of HUAC testimonies. Starring Norbert Leo Butz as Joseph McCarthy and Raul Esparza as Roy Cohn!

Mahagonny in 1970  Nov 6 2012, 08:06:48 PM
Bumping for hope for more info!
Mahagonny in 1970  Nov 5 2012, 10:05:18 PM
read an old "Talk of the Town article from New York Magazine saying there was a production of Brecht and Weill's Mahagonny Off Broadway in 1970 and wanted to know if anybody here saw this [at least to me] mythical production or had any info.
LoveMusik thoughts?  Sep 26 2012, 06:54:33 AM
It irked me when the set designer incorrectly said the scene that includes "Alabama Song" is Lenya auditioning for THREEPENNY, when any Brecht/Weill enthusiast knows that it was for MAHAGONNY SONGSPIEL.
That musical that you love so much but can't listen to often cause it makes you way to sad.  Sep 6 2012, 10:13:53 PM
Merrily We Roll Along, especially the OBC. As soon as "Our Time" gets to "This is where we began being what we can," I tear up more than I did when a door slammed on my finger at five years old.
Threepenny with Marionettes?!  Sep 6 2012, 10:05:05 PM
I was cruising Playbillvault.com and came across a program for "The Stockholm Marionette Theater of Fantasy's Threepenny Opera". Anyone know what that's about? I looked on the official Threepenny website and there's nothing on it.
That musical that you love so much but can't listen to often cause it makes you way to sad.  Sep 5 2012, 11:27:55 PM
I cry a river of tears when I listen to Merrily We Roll Along. ESPECIALLY when they sing "...being what we can..." during Our Time.

What Shows Do You Want To See Re-Imagined?  Aug 2 2012, 06:53:03 PM
I was reading the stage directions in the voice of Alan Rickman.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You