News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Justice2

Member Name: Justice2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Protesting Scottsboro Boys Minstrel Show
 Nov 6 2010, 06:56:08 PM
yes. Maybe you should look at the review in the Black press (like the Amsterdam) this week.
Protesting THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS
 Nov 6 2010, 06:52:13 PM
"but it seems to me that this display is based purely out of ignorance, and not understanding the show's intentions or the way that minstrel element..." It is always helpful to once again hear that our resentment towards your racist views is dismissed by you as our "ignorance" or our "not understanding".
We see the world differently. We have experinced you over and over enough times to know you better than you often know yourselves. I will better understand the scope of your cultural diversity and intellect when you co-sign a song and dance musical about 911 and the World Trade Center or the use of gas chambers during World War II. Leave Black history alone. You have the money and time to do yours justice.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1024123&dt=14&boardid=1#ixzz14XoqATMQ

Protesting Scottsboro Boys Minstrel Show
 Nov 6 2010, 06:25:11 PM
There was an important protest today against the New Broadway musical about the infamous "Scottsboro Boys" legal lynching in 1831 Alabama. Finally someone stood up and said what people were already thinking and talking about. How dare a group of white producers, writers and directors violate the serious nature of the racist attack on these young men by framing it inside a song and dance musical. It is my understanding this protest is the first indication of a mobilization to boycott and shut thi
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You