News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Icbanannie

Icbanannie Profile Photo
Member Name: Icbanannie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD COLLEDGE FOR MUSICAL THEATRE?¿?
 Oct 2 2006, 01:07:51 PM
Ithaca College
Jersey Boys 1-10-05 review....and a Nicole Kidman Sighting
 Jan 11 2006, 01:02:09 PM
So I went to see Jersey Boys on tuesday with 19 members of my family...yeah I know thats a lot of people. But it was a holiday thing we decided to do together. As a 21 yr old I did not grow up listening to the 4 seasons as my family members did, so I was not inclined as they were to sing along to the show.

That being said, I really enjoyed this show for its theatrical quality and story. Yeah its a jukebox musical, something I usually cannot handle, but it really had a lot of heart. The

re: Children Of Eden
 Jun 10 2005, 07:50:15 PM
I saw it at the FORD also and it was SOOO amazing! It is one of my top 10 favorite shows! The music is so brillant, and it is a moving story.
re: Have you been a 'speller' at the 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
 Jun 3 2005, 08:08:47 PM

re: Julius Ceaser with Denzel......
 Jun 2 2005, 09:02:33 AM
In a way I felt that it was done with the war in Iraq in mind. Not sure if the degisner or director was for or against the war, but the whole productiong did not sit well with me. I wondered how Shakesphere woudl have felt with men killing each other with guns in his shows, this with swords. It was just a strange production based on the setting, set, and design. The acting was still strong, although I thought the men playing Cassious, Mark Antony, and Ceaser were better by far then Denzel's Brut
Julius Ceaser with Denzel......any thoughts?
 Jun 2 2005, 08:08:45 AM
WOW! Ok so I went to see Julius Ceaser last night and I was just blown away by how horrible it really was. The acting was fine, no problem, but the production is set in some weird military state and there are men with assualt rifles, swat teams, and army fategues. For a few scenes I felt as if we were in the middle of a real war, it was just very very poor taste.

I understand that Shakesphere can trancend many times, but this show left me uncomfortable and really wondering why an a

re: Most comical songs?
 Jun 2 2005, 08:05:29 AM
I'm Not that Smart - 25th annual Spelling Bee
I love My Dictionary - 25th annual spelling Bee
Loud as the hell you want - Ave. Q
Ruprect - DRS
My finest Suit - Aida
Today 4 U - RENT

Jun 2 2005, 08:01:58 AM
The pick 4 people, 2 men, 2 women. When I was a speller It was I (college female), a little girl about age 10, an older man aged around 47, and antother man in a suit age maybe 37. So age doe not matter really.

They want people with a group so that you have a built in cheering section. However, when I went the first time the girl who got picked lied and said she had her whole family with her, but she only had one friend. So I guess you can lie and they won't know.

And they do

re: STARS IN THE ALLEY!!!!!!
 Jun 2 2005, 07:57:06 AM
I also have pictures from the event, more of the stars singing autographs and not of them onstage since I was way to far back. If anyone wants them I should have them ready by tonight.

Also Richard Kind was...well....kind! He had his daughter with him and she was soo cute but when I told him that I loved the Producers he imediatly said "Have you seen Rogar Bart? He's excellent!" He was like selling his co-star it was so nice.

Jun 1 2005, 01:50:28 PM
NO DeCosta and Janine LaManna did NOT perform today. It was Annika and Joyce. I got their autographs afterwards. They were both very very good.

Joanna Gleason and Tim Curry were there presenting an award. Tim Curry was an ass and ignored everyone asking for autographs and just stood around staring at the crowd. Joanna did sign though and was very nice.

Jun 1 2005, 01:48:29 PM
No they dont....you each get Apple Juice though once you leave the stage!
 Jun 1 2005, 01:34:32 PM
Also.....

Chitty Chitty BangBang - Truly Scrumtous. very bad sound, could not hear the kids at all.

and the Sweet Charity was the 2 female costars understudys. Anikka and someone else.

Mary testa was AMAZING, but my favorite was Gary Beach.

Jun 1 2005, 01:02:07 PM
Yeah, they don't want people who say they are "actors" or are studying acting since they want the audience members on stage to be as natural as possible. So if you are an actor just dont say that you are I guess. I also read this in an article on the Spelling Bee website http://www.spellingbeethemusical.com/press/nytimes-5-11-5.htm
 Jun 1 2005, 12:48:48 PM
In the lobby before the show they have a desk and you sign up. If you are with a group of people, you are NOT an actor, and you seem cheery and fun they will pick you. Thats what they told us. I had to go up on stage aftewr the first number and I was given a number (2. Then the cast puts us on the benches next to them. My first word was Jihad....all the first words are easy except for one unlucky audience member. By the time the song Pandemonium co
re: 'Normal People' Just Don't Understand
 Jun 1 2005, 10:26:08 AM
Yesterday I went to the Virgin Megastore in TIMES SQUARE and asked for "Spelling Bee". First, they didnt know what I was saying, and then when they figured out that it was a musical, they told me their shipment had not come in yet!! WHAT!!! A musical's cd now avalible the day it comes out in TIMES SQUARE!!!!
Have you been a "speller" at the 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee??
 Jun 1 2005, 10:23:00 AM
How many of you have been chosen to be in the show? I was chosen last week on my second time going to see it (I did'nt tell them that though). I was wondering how others enjoyed being up there. I thought it was really amazing being part of the show for a short time, and I really enjoyed my apple juice!

re: what was your first broadway experience?
 Jun 1 2005, 10:17:32 AM
Peter Pan in 91' or 92 I belive....and I have seen 64 since then
re: New Wicked Cast
 Jun 1 2005, 10:16:23 AM
I see that the unique named Elphaba's (on broadway) have continued. The new understudy is named Brandi Chavonne. Not as Unique as Idina, Shoshanna, and Saycon, but still not a name you might hear every day. Anyone know when Shoshanna will be out of the show??
re: broadway betty has fallen in love with Piazza!
 May 31 2005, 11:37:43 PM
WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I just saw Piazza tonight and it was AMAZING!! i am a fan of the more fun, silly musicals (dirty Rotten, Bee) but this was such a nice return to Musical Theater. i loved every minute and I HOPE AND PRAY that Kelli O'Hara and Matt Morrison win!!!! Victoria Clark was good....but I am a Sherie fan. But she was excellent and she will deserve the Tony.!!

THIS SHOW IS CLOSING???? Thats sad, its so good!

Final Tony Award Performances Announced
 May 31 2005, 03:35:46 PM
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93243.html
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You