News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ellbellthomps

Member Name: ellbellthomps
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 16 2021, 10:54:42 PM

I was at Moulin Rouge tonight. I don't understand why they didnt test earlier, the audience was filled with disappointment. I don't think the sting would've been as bad if the preshow hadn't already begun and the countdown on the conductor tv's were happening. No one had any idea this was happening, and it was quite a trek to get to midtown, sit down at a theater for 10 minutes past curtain and be VERY quickly ushered out. 

FORBES on the bleakness of Broadway box office right now: Some Broadway shows are grossing under $100K per week  Nov 18 2021, 08:38:42 AM

Lot666 said: "Curiously, there's no mention of Phantomin the Forbes piece. Does anyone know how it's doing at this point?"

I'm no expert, but based on this and ticket availability it seems to be doing the same if not a little better than it did before shutdown at the height of the broadway surge in 2017(ish). Lotto also isn't a guarantee that you'll win like it used to be. My guess is that New Yorkers want to come back to a classic. 

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread  Nov 18 2021, 08:33:10 AM

poisonivy2 said: "For those who saw Natalie -- is she so outstanding that I have to make a return trip just to see her?"

She's good, I didn't think she was outstanding at all, though. Of the 3 I've seen (Karen, Natalie, Ashley), Ashley Loren was by far my favorite. I did see Natalie literally 5 days after opening, but she shifted between accents the entire time. 

If you already want to go back to see the show, then go! If you're only going

FORBES on the bleakness of Broadway box office right now: Some Broadway shows are grossing under $100K per week  Nov 18 2021, 08:24:10 AM

Word of mouth for shows other than the Lion King and Wicked have been awful. Every "casual theater go-er" I know is running back to, well the Lion King and Wicked. 

Company Previews Thread  Nov 18 2021, 08:19:58 AM

Super excited to see this. 

For those who don't like Lenk or Conte, do you like them in other things? Wondering if it's simply actor preference. 

For one, I love Lenk and I think about her performance in the bands visit daily, so I don't think I will be bothered by her in this. 

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Reopening Night Thread  Nov 18 2021, 08:14:30 AM

Lot666 said: 

If the price is the same, I recommend moving back 2-3 rows in center orchestra. I love the front row, but some of the stage magic workings will be more apparent when seated that close (I've seen the show innumerable times and am already aware of how everything is done, so it's not necessarily a detraction for me).

Unlike Meghan Picerno as Christine, Ben Crawford is scheduled to perform as the Phantom in all shows; there is no alternate Phan

Company Previews Thread  Nov 16 2021, 05:07:19 PM

Thank you, that's very helpful! I'm pretty close to the theater, so I'll check Friday before rushing Saturday. 

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Reopening Night Thread  Nov 16 2021, 04:52:38 PM

Two things:

I haven't seen this on broadway in years. Are the front row center telecharge tickets worth it, or should I be farther for the same price?

Second, have they announce who's playing phantom when? I already know Christine is going to be the alternate when I go, but no clue about phantom. 

Company Previews Thread  Nov 16 2021, 04:44:05 PM

Anyone know if they still have rush since reopening? Dying to get to this one, trying to stay on a budget. 

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?  Nov 16 2021, 04:43:05 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Does anyone have intel on when Company digital lottery is going to go live? I has assumed that it would open when preview performances began but so far over the last couple of days I'm just getting a "The lottery is currently closed." message every time I checkhttps://companylottery.com/."

not sure if this is the right thread for this, but are they still doing rush? it says so on policy boards, but as far as I know there hasn't been an announcement since reopening. 

Bway League WILL Release Weekly Grosses  Nov 2 2021, 05:22:37 PM

BroadwayPatriot said: "You people don’t want to hear it but the stringent mask rules are destroying Broadway - people in their 30s are not shaking in their boots over Covid - it’s bad enough Nyc is one of the only places in the country with vaccine requirements to go into a concert - show - restaurant- to force those to wear masks in addition is a turn off to many normal people - you should have the freedom to wear one if you are immune compromised - entertainment is doin

Bway League WILL Release Weekly Grosses  Nov 2 2021, 12:41:47 PM

Yeah, this weeks numbers are notttt good. I wonder why they aren't releasing show by show anymore?

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Reopening Night Thread  Nov 2 2021, 12:18:33 PM

FANtomFollies said: "Apologies if there is a better thread to post this in, but I am seeing Phantom on Thursday evening (7pm) and am wondering how much earlier I should be there because of the vaccination-checks? I haven't been to a show since they came back so don't know how long the process takes."

While I haven't been back to phantom, all the other shows I saw got me through the line almost immediately. I'd say it's faster than before the vacci

Ciara Renée is the Next Jenna in WAITRESS on Broadway  Nov 2 2021, 12:09:29 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Have they announced Erich Bergen’s replacement? He’s only with the show until Sunday. I’ve always thought Ciara’s The Wrong Man Co-Star, Joshua Henry, would make a great Pomatter. Not that it matters, but he was featured on Sara’s Instagram back in September."

Erich was just taking over while Drew was out for however many weeks it was. Last I heard, he was coming back. Don't know if that's changed. 

Ciara Renée is the Next Jenna in WAITRESS on Broadway  Nov 2 2021, 10:53:06 AM

dadaguza said: "Never heard of her. I'm disappointed they didn't cast a bigger name to close out the show too."

I've heard of her and think she was great in Frozen, but as a longtime and returning fan I am disappointed that they didn't have Stephanie or Molly take over or a previous Jenna from the original run. 

Ciara Renée is the Next Jenna in WAITRESS on Broadway  Nov 2 2021, 10:12:00 AM

massofmen said: "Without Sara B, performing in this show during the slow times, waitress would have closed after the first 2 years. She was like Billy Joe in American Idiot who had to keep coming in to make money for the show."

Oh, I know but I would say there is a 0.1% that Sara comes back before close. 

Ciara Renée is the Next Jenna in WAITRESS on Broadway  Nov 2 2021, 10:07:08 AM

I was really thinking it would be someone more well-known, seeing how much tickets have dropped since Sara left.

Broadway Is Back And So Are My Unpopular Opinions...  Nov 2 2021, 08:21:42 AM

RippedMan said: "but what made them feel "Broadway" to you?"

Wondering this as well. I try to save my money and only see shows when they transfer so I can be in a broadway theater, but if it does feel like one, maybe I'll go. 

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Nov 2 2021, 07:42:06 AM

RippedMan said: "Surprised to hear that this won't last long as I think it will be a hit. I haven't seen it but given the source material and stuff it just seems like a hit.

I think Gambatese being bland is just a mix of bad writing and how these sort of movies work. Sally Fields is great, but she had a thank-less part.
"

I came and saw it just to say I've seen every show, but I did love the movie and it was my favorite movie as a kid. 

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Nov 2 2021, 01:13:40 AM

I rushed Thursday and got row N, the center section on the left aisle. There were rushers next to me, as well. My friend who rushed separately ended up getting D10, a few seats over from the corner of left D. 

One thing to note is even though today tix says $35 rush tickets and no fees for Doubtfire, there was a 7.50 fee, making my total 42.50.

As far as the show goes, I mostly enjoyed it. Contrary to these reviews, I enjoyed the gym scene. To be fair, I never saw the s

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You