News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DreamFlyer22

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
Member Name: DreamFlyer22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PHOTOS
 Oct 30 2006, 08:29:24 AM
Funny Jersey Boys comes up as I was thinking about that last night and... I don't think anybody would get it, sadly. Unless you dressed up with three other people in, like, the red "Sherry" jackets or the sparkle-lapel gray/purple ones from "Dawn". Otherwise, you'd probably just look like a guy or girl in a suit.

... and yes, this comes from someone who did indeed contemplate a JB costume...

re: How Long Until ... Closes?
 Oct 16 2006, 08:23:05 AM
The only way I'd see Tarzan leaving is if it seriously starts to flag once Mary Poppins is open. Disney could still boast three shows on Broadway. I know it's not the *WOW FOUR SHOWS!* thing, but three is more than enough corporate Mouse to go around. *shivers*

I agree that Hairspray isn't going anywhere before the movie comes out. We'll see if the movie helps it out at all...

I've heard other people theorize that The Producers will stay open until Young Frankenstein is ready f

re: WEDDING SINGER rush lately?
 Oct 16 2006, 08:13:02 AM
That's for the whole week, though. The weekend may very well have been much more popular- I would say that most entertainments in general fare much better on the weekends.

Been thinking about trying the rush for this show next time I'm down in New York- thanks for some info!

re: August Wilson Theatre - Orch Row W - any good?
 Oct 14 2006, 07:49:47 AM
You're under the overhang of the balcony, but it's not too bad. I saw "Jersey Boys" from that row the first time... all I can remember missing out on were the projections, but even then the show played fine with them obscured.
re: WICKED: Reviews in LONDON
 Sep 28 2006, 10:11:58 PM
Honestly, I'd be shocked if these reviews WERE raves. I agree that it's grown in to myth that Wicked opened to outright pans, but it wasn't exactly a critic's darling in America either.

Wicked is a strange creature- while I won't say it's critic-proof, it has some pretty damn powerful shields from the fanbase. I think the Broadway production will run longer in the end, but I'm sure London will have a healthy run.

And on to the topic of the guy playing the Wizard for a moment he

re: Mary Poppins Broadway - Alterations?
 Sep 3 2006, 07:56:46 AM
Not touching the topic of the war (though having it show up in THIS particular thread is a rather fascinating juxtaposition)...

HOWEVER, I want to just throw out there- what if removing "Temper, Temper" has absolutely nothing to do with changes for American audiences? How about the right that ALL shows have to alter things when opening another production? "Poppins" certainly wouldn't be the first show to have dropped something before opening in New York. When I saw the show in London I

re: Did Lucie Arnaz Return to DRS?
 Sep 3 2006, 07:32:54 AM
Hehe. Nice way out of a tough spot. Yeah, it's another fourth wall breaker, but it's better than Lucie missing out on the last few performances of the run...

It's a real shame to see this one go. Saw it twice in New York... hopefully I'll be able to catch the national tour!

re: Celia is Eponine
 Aug 29 2006, 06:56:54 PM
Wow. Fast exit from 'Bee'... though, I'm sure she told them a while ago that she would be leaving. Just left the public announcement until now.

Congrats to Celia! I'm sorely tempted to see this revival now...

re: John Lloyd Young's fan mail
 Aug 27 2006, 08:47:26 PM
I've been on BWW for nearly two years now and, sad to say, not much surprises me anymore. Honestly, if JLY himself hadn't hopped on this thread, I doubt there would have been any appologies made to this young fan.

And yet I keep posting here because there ARE good people and some genuinely great discussions. It's just unfortunate that there are quite a few posters who seem to be hanging around for something *other* than Broadway, with agendas of their own. I could ask for it to please

And JB on 8/22 as well...
 Aug 24 2006, 02:58:49 PM
Clarifying- I saw the show TUESDAY night... you saw the Wednesday matinee, yes? I'm sure John was on Wednesday night since Michael was Valli at the matinee and John only takes one show a week off if he needs it, (as per his contract allows).
re: Actors that phoned in their performance
 Aug 23 2006, 11:32:04 PM
I could make a comment about Donna Murphy and not being comfortable in the role because she was hardly ever there to PLAY the role...

... but that would just be mean.

re: DRS closing a week early (?)
 Aug 23 2006, 10:49:24 PM
Gnyah... I was in New York yesterday. Guess I should have stopped by DRS to ask for some news right from the source, (if even the SOURCE knows what's going on?)
And JB on 8/22 as well...
 Aug 23 2006, 10:46:28 PM
Well... I was going to start my own thread about the show LAST night, (8/22) but I guess now I don't have to. Not to mooch on your thread, worrell but I guess we might as well stick these together...

Last night was Dominic Nolfi's FIRST time as DeVito and I too felt he did a nice job. I was missing Christian Hoff, but Dominic did well. Personally, I felt he a was a smidge young for the role, but that might have also had something to do with the fac

re: The song you always skip
 Aug 23 2006, 10:02:07 PM
I've found myself skipping the backup session montage on the Jersey Boys CD lately. It's not bad, just kinda... blah. After "Cry For Me" I want to jump right in to "Sherry".

I wind up skipping "I Should Tell You" from Rent fairly often as well. Again, nothing against the song, I just want to get on to the second half of "La Vie Boheme"...

Hmmm. For a while there I was skipping "Ruffhausen" on DRS. I feel a lot of that song's kick comes fro

re: Jersey Boys Tour Casting?
 Aug 23 2006, 09:55:01 PM
Saw Matthew Scott as Gaudio last night. IF he is indeed the one for the tour, he'll rock it. He was absolutely wonderful last night... though I was seriously missin' Daniel.
re: Les Mis to take the Imperial? High Fidelity to the Broadhurst?
 Aug 23 2006, 09:51:34 PM
Well, wouldn't that just be... weird. IF it happens, does any theater-trivia person here more savvy than I know if there's a precendent for it? Because if it's a first, they'll probably go for it just to be able to say, "Look how special WE are! We're back in our old theater! Now come buy tickets because we're cool."
re: Daniel Reichard at Joe's Pub
 Aug 22 2006, 10:37:15 AM
Haha! I really, really hope so- hearing all these great stories is driving me crazy!

Tonight I'm also bringing my parents for their first time - it's their 30th wedding anniversary and they are HUGE Four Seasons fans. They have no idea what I've planned yet, so this should be quite the surprise!

Jersey Boys love
 Aug 22 2006, 10:33:58 AM
This thread makes me all warm and tingly. So much love for Jersey Boys...

I'm taking my parents tonight as a 30th wedding anniversary gift. First time for them- fifth time for me. I've been sitting on these tickets since February and they have NO idea what I'm planning. Can't wait to see their faces when we pull up to the theater!

re: Daniel Reichard at Joe's Pub
 Aug 22 2006, 10:19:48 AM
... *sighs* Grrrr. I hate that the timing didn't work out for me to catch the show. Curse living three hours upstate with zero spending cash. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you guys.

Buuuuut I AM seeing Jersey Boys tonight, so I suppose that will have to make up for it, right?

*waves to Boobs, Betty and NPG!*

re: Is hurting your voice now a requirement for winning Best Actor/Actress
 Aug 8 2006, 06:57:26 PM
Oh look... hi Chanticleer... fancy to see you back beating the same old dead horse. If you're talking about Rob, then yes he WAS insisting and he's COMPLETELY CORRECT. JLY has had a bad sinus infection. He took high dosage antibiotics to kill the infection quickly and to get back in the show ASAP. That's where the trouble started since the drugs killed ALL the bacteria- even the normal, healthy variety. He's developed candida (basically, a yeast-like buildup on his vocal chords) which he could N
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You