News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for actor465

Member Name: actor465
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Miss Saigon lyric changes  Sep 16 2006, 04:03:05 PM
No, "Her or Me" and "Now That I've Seen Her" do, in fact, have different lyrics during the chorus and at the end. Adamgreer, I was wondering the same thing as you. I feel as if there has to have been a re-issue of the OLCR because my friend has the OLCR with "Her or Me" and I also have the OLCR, but it has "Now That I've Seen Her."

Weird.

re: Miss Saigon lyric changes  Sep 15 2006, 05:57:50 PM
Actually, it's really weird, because I have the OLCR with Claire Moore singing "Now That I've Seen Her." I really don't understand. Maybe they came out with a new edition of the London recording after they changed the lyrics? The last song is also called "Finale" on the version I have. I am kind of boggled by this whole thing.
Miss Saigon lyric changes  Sep 15 2006, 09:14:40 AM
Does anyone know when the lyrics to the song formerly known as "Her or Me" were changed to "Now That I've Seen Her"?
re: Amour  Jan 22 2006, 02:39:41 PM
So it's not available anywhere?
Amour  Jan 21 2006, 04:08:37 PM
Does anyone know if there's anywhere at all that I could find the sheet music to Amour?
re: Support SOUVENIR  Dec 16 2005, 02:52:01 AM
It really is sad that it's not doing well. I first learned of Florence Foster Jenkins about three years ago (at my old HS, we just know her as Florence). So when I found out about this show, I knew I just had to go see it. It was really great. I saw it by myself (because no one wanted to go with me), and I really, really enjoyed it. Judy and Donald were both incredible. It sure takes a lot of talent to be able to sing poorly.
re: Rush Policies  Oct 29 2005, 01:07:20 PM
Thanks a lot!
Rush Policies  Oct 29 2005, 11:54:23 AM
Does anyone know the General/Student Rush policies for shows that are on Broadway? Thanks a lot!
re: male/female and female/female duets  Jul 19 2005, 12:30:38 AM
"Our Children" from Ragtime
re: An undiscovered Broadway voice you must hear  Jul 4 2005, 02:24:52 AM
She's great!
re: Worst Rhyme Ever  Jul 3 2005, 05:58:38 PM
Singingwendy,

"Si, mi chiamo Mimi" directly means "Yes, I call myself Mimi" or "My name is Mimi." There's no "they" in there at all. It's like in French (Je m'appelle Mimi) or Spanish (Me llamo Mimi).

re: Why did Charlie Brown close?  Jun 27 2005, 01:17:48 AM
God, I can't take her screaming. I have to skip her songs.
re: BEST COLLEGES BFA MUSICAL THEATER  Jun 16 2005, 01:21:03 AM
Footlooser, I'm headed to Ithaca in the fall for MT, so I don't have too much experience-related info about it yet. But I'll definitely tell you about it once I'm up there for a while! What I do know is that everyone I've talked to who goes there absolutely loves it, and they feel like they're getting great training.
re: Broadway Ghosts  Jun 15 2005, 01:15:16 AM
That is damn scary.
re: Controversial high school prod. of 'Big River' in Glenelg, Maryland  May 23 2005, 07:19:12 PM
I don't want to get involved in a huge argument, and as I said, this whole controversy can be argued both ways. I do not think, however, that the director cast the show in such a manner to prove any sort of point. That's at least what I got out of it. In all honesty, the production would not have worked the same if the roles had been switched. Other than race, the white student fit the role of Jim better than the black student, and vice versa.

And again, I don't think any of this wo

re: Controversial high school prod. of 'Big River' in Glenelg, Maryland  May 23 2005, 11:31:14 AM
NightLaughs, I was at the gala last night as well, and I have to agree, their performance of "Ebony/Ivory" to the tune of "Agony" from Into the Woods was amazing.

As for the controversy, it can for sure be argued both ways. I also think none of this would have come up if they had never filmed for C-SPAN. But I don't think that R&H had any right to step in (especially now that the production has been over for more than two months) to criticize the director for her casting choices. It

Three Sisters playbill  May 17 2005, 03:01:01 PM
Does anyone have a link of where I could get picture of a playbill cover from any Broadway production of Chekhov's "Three Sisters"?
re: Bryn Terfel & Renee Fleming's 'Under the Stars'  Feb 8 2005, 10:45:09 PM
I have this CD and I love it!
Lion King on Broadway vs. Tour  Feb 7 2005, 05:26:06 PM
I recently saw The Lion King in New York and absolutely loved it. The tour is coming to my area in a couple of months, and I was wondering how the tour compares to the Broadway production. Anyone who's seen both have any thoughts?
re: Souvenir still closing today?  Jan 16 2005, 02:47:35 PM
I had no idea there was a show about Florence! Someone at my school discovered her CD about three years ago and she was a hit! She does the best rendering of the Queen of the Night's aria ever!... I'm just kidding, haha.

I just didn't know a lot of people knew about her.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You