News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FireFingers

FireFingers Profile Photo
Member Name: FireFingers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://WWW.CHARLESPARRY.CO.UK
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Heathers to the West End  Apr 13 2018, 06:02:41 PM

Got my second row ticket for 37.50. Cheaper tickets were available, just not a lot. 

Should WICKED Have Won Best Musical Over AVENUE Q?  Dec 11 2016, 04:07:02 PM

Avenue Q was the fresher, cleaver show and should have won because of that. Wicked was one of the final moves of the traditional musical theatre stuff. Avenue Q was one of the early examples of a whole new way of doing musical theatre. 

I do think that Wicked should have one best score though. As much as I love the score to Avenue Q, Wicked did far more. 

PARAMOUR Moving Theaters, Future Up in the Air  Dec 2 2016, 06:40:11 AM

It isn't expensive in London. The most you can pay per part is less than £100/$126 (so £200/$253 total to see Parts 1 and 2, and having seen the show their is enough to warrant it being in two parts), and I think 300 tickets per performance are £20/$25. JK Rowling pushed to keep the prices down and keep Harry Potter accessible. 

And for those asking about staging, it does need a bit of wing space and other technical requirements that make the Ly

Little Miss Sunshine musical at Second Stage  Nov 6 2016, 06:35:48 PM
Currently be considered for a run in London next summer I hear.
Groundhog Day Starts Today  Jul 24 2016, 08:15:47 AM

BisforBroadway said: "I am very worried about the book and score . How are they?

Score is very Tim Minchin, fast paced lyrics and a more eclectic mix of styles than Matilda. He tweeted yesterday he wants to add a new final number, as Seeing You does feel a bit more like an 11 o'clock number (although it ending peacefully without an on your feet, dancing in the aisles number works too). It has been years since I have seen the film, so don't know how muc

Groundhog Day Starts Today  Jul 23 2016, 08:35:39 PM

I saw this this evening and loved it. Still needs a tweak here and there but nothing major. It wasn't too repetitious despite the subject matter, and Andy Karl is bound to get an Olivier nom for beautifully displaying the levels and changes within Phil. The set was far more complicated than those pictures let on, and there were some great little illusions too. Score was a pretty eclectic mix of genres, and very word-y, as is Minchin's style. Some wonderful elements to create car chase

The Encounter at The Golden  Jun 14 2016, 05:17:31 PM

I didn't get to see it in London but they did live stream a performance and it was fantastic. And really showed what sound design can do for a piece of theatre.

Political Musicals  May 15 2016, 09:31:55 PM

The Toxic Avenger

Microphones hanging on Foreheads  Mar 11 2015, 12:16:47 PM
Sound designers aren't paid to care how something looks. You pay set, costume, make up, lighting designers to care how something looks, with the director at the top. The sound designer will crest the best sound possible with placement to achieve that, and it is up to the visual designers to say they have an issue. That is then taken to the sound designer and is negotiated.

As to why a mic is positioned where, it is down to 2 things. 1. How loud the performer is 2. How loud the orchestr

Memphis question  Feb 28 2015, 06:25:14 PM
I think it is the key to the house Huey buys his mother, as he can no longer keep up the payments.
The Nether  Feb 26 2015, 08:46:15 AM
Saw this production when it ran at the Royal Court. Loved it, but very harrowing and a bit uncomfortable to watch. Some spectacular performances in it. Recommended.
Wildhorn's  Feb 2 2015, 10:30:34 AM
Love the source material, myself. But I agree with Smeds2, there is a lot going on in the head of characters that will be a real challenge to portray on stage. Ryuk could be an incredible sight on stage if done right. Liking the new track any way.
Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Jan 24 2015, 04:33:58 PM
Been on TKTS for a good while. Gonna be in town in a few weeks and gonna take a gamble on TKTS availability for this I think.
Emma Stone Stage Door  Nov 15 2014, 04:22:28 PM
Some people are horrible at stage door, but most aren't. Theatres have a lot of doors, and getting from backstage to edit front of house really takes no time at all. Actors don't have to come out, and are perfectly entitled to leave by another exit. They can also come out of stage door, say they really have to get home, and dash through. It's all optional. There is no entitlement about it.

Of course some people complain when people don't come out, but they're the minority.

I q

West End's Miss Saigon to be released on DVD?  Nov 7 2014, 07:06:14 AM
The 25th anniversary performance was filmed all the way through. I suspect CamMac is making sure a release of the live show won't hamper any plans for a film version.
Favorite Same-Sex Duets  Sep 30 2014, 07:51:21 PM
What causes that - Crazy For You
Adults playing kids in Matilda  Sep 22 2014, 10:36:28 AM
Childrens' voices are also a lot weaker, and thus the adults add weight and dicition to the vocal parts.
November trip: Matilda or Side Show?  Sep 16 2014, 09:07:05 AM
Matilda for sure.
STALKING THE BOGEYMAN at New World Stages  Sep 14 2014, 06:18:16 PM
My name is in the programme for it somewhere I think. They did a kickstarter and a slung a bit in as it sounded like an interesting project.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Broadway?  Aug 10 2014, 09:40:48 PM
But those weren't new West End productions. I was told about the difficulties the Dahl estate created by one of the shows creatives. If they wanted the rights to do the show in London, they had to go along with what the estate wanted.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You