News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LoudIrishGirl

Member Name: LoudIrishGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm majoring in film production, but my 'secret' passion is theatre. I'm a broadway junkie, and have been happily addicted for years.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT scores PG13
 Sep 9 2005, 12:44:33 PM
Personally I am glad it's not getting 'darker.' One of the great things about RENT to me is that it reaches a huge spectrum of ages, in a large part because it walks that dark content versus dark action line so well. I first really learned of AIDs from RENT, and as I got older I found out more and came to better appreciate the show because of it. Every time I come back to RENT I find it to be darker and more serious, and I don't think it needs to become any darker. It COULD, yes, and that would
re: My Family Thinks Wicked Is Like The Best Show...*Rant*
 Aug 23 2005, 06:03:20 PM
Awww Loo...you can't ignore a dance off call! Good luck *grabs popcorn and settles in*
Jennifer Laura Thompson??
 Aug 15 2005, 06:36:09 PM
I definitly agree with that West Coast show idea! *think LA!*

It would be such a sad thing if this poor college student had to poor all her savings into a trip to NYC for JLT. Sad, and bankrupting, but probably worth it. ;P

Eden Espinawesome In SF Wicked!
 Aug 14 2005, 08:41:13 PM
GirlforTartaglia , Eden is AMAZING. Absolutely worth seeing!
 Aug 14 2005, 07:53:23 PM
Yah, Derrick was just the wrong kind of actor for that role. His voice was off and he moved too much.

I wish I could try the lottery again, but life has worked against me so I can't.

Glad you all enjoyed it!

Aug 14 2005, 07:18:30 PM
Didn't she just blow you away!
re: Princesses - my view
 Aug 14 2005, 04:04:35 AM
You'd be suprised...Wicked anyone?
re: Jennifer Laura Thompson??
 Aug 14 2005, 02:59:28 AM
She's such a sweetheart, too! I can't wait for her to take on something new, so I have an excuse to go and see it!
re: WICKED TICKETMASTER PRESALE PASSWORD!
 Aug 12 2005, 02:00:50 PM
"shut up stephanie...everyone is so worried here about everything from "giving away" codes to "posting articles" because they are afraid of the law."

Are you kidding? People don't want to give away codes or songs illegally not only because it IS illegal, but because it's taking money out of hardworking pockets. It costs a lot of $$$ to produce a show, and if you cheat and get around the pricing, you're taking money out of somebody's pocket.

And please don't say they have enoug

re: How did you become a RentHEAD?
 Aug 12 2005, 04:45:22 AM
In middle school some friends of mine, who were a grade or two above, brought some new CDs to lunch one day. RENT was one of those CDs, and it was the first time I heard a musical. It was also when they explained what a dildo was to me, lol. I became addicted to RENT, having never heard anything quite like it before. I was immediatly hooked.

I saw the show for the fist time freshman year of High School and just fell head over heals in love again. I've been a RentHEAD ever since that on

re: Theater Pictures
 Aug 10 2005, 05:52:16 PM
Let's see if this works...

here MIGHT be a recent picture of the Orpheum for comparison...

re: Gone Backstage?
 Aug 10 2005, 05:46:49 PM
And backstage isn't all that grand, anyway. If you aren't there to see a friend or somebody in the cast or crew, it's kinda pointless and intrusive. What are you going to do while you're back there?
re: Wicked in SF
 Aug 10 2005, 05:40:55 PM
I think they only have one souvenir stand, but if you go before the show it's not that crowded.

Is anybody going to try the lotto today? (Wednesday)

re: Eden Espinawful-In SF Wicked
 Aug 9 2005, 09:30:28 PM
OK. Kinda threadjacking, but what was so bad about Brooklyn? I haven't heard the music, but what made people hate it so much?
 Aug 9 2005, 09:05:38 PM
Eden definitly goes up, what you heard must have been on a night that some technical malfunction occured.

Aug 9 2005, 08:36:27 PM
I saw Eden last Saturday in SF and she blew me away. She was phenominal in every aspect (singing, acting, looked good in green, was sweet at the stage door, etc.). I'm going back again mainly because she was so good.

What night did you see her?

Aug 9 2005, 08:04:02 PM
Ouch...I have to disagree with you, I loved Eden. What exactly did she do to put you off?
BWW Chat
 Aug 8 2005, 11:56:26 PM
Invite yourself to BWW

or PM or IM me (JuliesEmailAdres)

Who's your favorite cast member from Rent?
 Aug 8 2005, 11:55:38 PM
I agree with you Wit, I absolutely love Tracie! Though I can't really say anything about Rosario yet 'cause I haven't heard her! ;(

From the OBC, it's either Idina or Daphne. Loved them both! (though Adam and Anthony come in close third and fourth)

re: Is Rent the New Cats?
 Aug 7 2005, 05:08:37 PM
Plus, no matter how much I love RENT, the movie Chicago is one of my FAVORITE movies in a large part because it was phenominally well made (I'm a film production major, by the way). And it deserved all the accolades (sp?) it got.

The movie also was full of A-listers and got the musical's name out to the non-theatre going public in a very good way.

RENT is full of A-list THEATRE actors. They won't sell the same way that the A-list movie stars did. They will mostly appeal to t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You