News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for orangeskittles

orangeskittles Profile Photo
Member Name: orangeskittles
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“We See You White American Theater” Publishes Demands  Jul 16 2020, 12:17:46 AM

What 6-day rehearsals have to do with "peoples recovering from genocide"? It's not an unreasonable demand to want a 5 day work week, but linking it to the genocide of Indigenous people (just Indigenous people?) is odd.

Also, there was a reference to the fact that only 11% of the world population is white (which is inaccurate, it's about 15%, which is still slightly more than African and Latinx), except this document is specifically about American theatre, where

George Salazar Calls Out Tony Awards on Twitter  Jun 29 2020, 02:13:23 PM

Kad said: "So did Salazar also call out the Broadway production of Be More Chill for being directed, written, designed, and choreographed by white men, with the exception of vocal arrangements?

Did he mention the producing team was also overwhelmingly, if not exclusively, white?
"

Yup. George mentions about all the streams of the songs. Is he financially benefiting from those streams? Does he have any ownership of the songs? What kind of contract did he hav

George Salazar Calls Out Tony Awards on Twitter  Jun 28 2020, 09:55:39 PM

I get that it sucks BMC didn't get to perform at the Tonys, but claiming racism in this instance seems inaccurate and opportunistic. Hadestown, Kiss Me Kate, Ain't Too Proud and Choir Boy all featured performances from POC, and Ain't Too Proud and Choir Boy were Own Voices works, unlike the cis het white man who wrote Be More Chill.

ETA: King Kong for 3 nominations and a Special Tony for the animatronics company that made King Kong. Be More Chill got 1.

This board in the old days  Nov 16 2019, 03:05:32 PM

Owen22 said: "Early on this board seem to be exclusively a forum for people to air grievances about a certain Glee actress whose obviously seemingly sociopathic extremes lead many on here to attack her in almost misogynistic ways that really disturbed me!
Oh those good ol' days.
"

What? The board was created in 2003. Glee started in 2009.

Anyway, the real downfall started after Facebook opened up for everyone. Many of the longtime posters came for the

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Oct 21 2019, 12:06:12 PM

Yeah, this is a very white cast.

Unpopular opinion, but this cast is so boring. I saw it in London. There's not a single person cast so far that makes me want to rush out and spend 3X as much to see it again.

COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater  Aug 17 2019, 12:08:06 AM

Forget the cast, is someone working on the clunky book moments, like that second scene with Peter and Susan?

Apparently there are worse things than cell phone usage in the theatre  Aug 16 2019, 11:52:22 PM

However, if spending a lot of money on a ticket is going to cause someone "emotional issues" if a minor detail goes wrong, something else is going on there.

I think paying $200/person to see a show and having it disrupted by some idiot with a phone can be more than a "minor detail going wrong". It has gotten a lot worse than a few errant phone rings or checking a text.

I still get heated at the memory of the see

Are Playbills environmentally friendly?  Aug 16 2019, 11:15:26 PM

The real tree-killer with playbills is all the ads. The actual show-specific content in a playbill is only about 10 pages.

Are tickets environmentally friendly? Every other live event I attend other than theatre (in addition to planes, trains, prepaid parking) all have digital versions that scan off phones. What uses more paper- the people who print at home and get an 8X11 page full of ads when all they need is a 1X2" barcode, or real tickets with the thicker pu

Beanie Feldstein to play Monica Lewinsky in the next FX 'American Crime' series  Aug 10 2019, 10:10:56 PM

Mediamaven2 said: "I see...OJ murders....Versace murder spree...and Monica Lewinsky....Remind me of the “crime” here? Her 15 minutes of fame is so so over. What is sad is not that her life was “destroyed” by it, but that despite all of her privilege (ie wealthy loving connected family) she has never never never been able to move past it. In today’s political times I think it's a travesty to participate in this project and I will not be watching eithe

Hal Prince has died  Jul 31 2019, 11:59:49 PM

I saw The Band's Visit at the Kennedy Center tonight and at the end, a cast member came out and made a brief statement in honor of Hal Prince. I didn't realize he had helped develop that show too.

Road Show coming to Encores! Off-Center  Jul 28 2019, 09:08:22 PM

scarlet721 said: "And I agree with a prior post, I don't know why they had so many of the performers smoking, again, if it was supposed to be a radio studio, that was illogical."

Lol. How old are you? Road Show is set in the 1920s. Doctors used to smoke in exam rooms.

RENT, does Mimi have full AIDS?  Jul 26 2019, 11:39:20 PM

EllieRose2 said: "At the time of the musical, AZT was brand new

AZT was approved in America in 1987. The musical takes place in 1994. So, no, it was not."

AZT was approved in America in 1987, but it wasn't immediately available for everyone who needed it. Also it cost $10K a year until the 1990s. It's not improbable that someone like Mimi wouldn't have had access to it until recently.

Road Show coming to Encores! Off-Center  Jul 26 2019, 11:10:59 PM

goldenboy said: "As someone said... "What happened in Boca Raton that they through them out.? Neve explained. They were building houses and then in one sentence there was some kind of scandal and Boca Raton through them out?

What was the scandal? The show did not explain that!

Addison Meisner seemed to be in love with the rich son of a steel Magnate. They seemed happy and successful.  They even sing a beautiful love song and kiss. And

THE INHERITANCE to play the Barrymore this fall; Sept previews/Nov. opening  Jul 21 2019, 02:58:09 AM

<i>Did the union have a fit when they announced the cast of the Boys in the Band revival last year?</i>

The majority of Boys in the Band cast were offers, not auditions.

West Side Story revival?  Jul 10 2019, 09:54:56 PM

If the male director and male producers aren't bothered by Ramasar's past behavior towards coworkers, I hope at least all the (very) young women cast in WSS are aware of them.

Dispute Over Signed 'Hamilton' Poster Triggers Lawsuit Against Kennedy Center  Jul 3 2019, 07:49:20 PM

There was probably a limited supply of signed posters, and under normal circumstances, it would be fine, but it's ~Hamilton~, so someone important (board member, big donor) wanted one and they decided to pick on a peon employee who wasn't "entitled" to it like the fancy rich person.

MITB Tony's Reactions  Jun 12 2019, 09:06:25 PM

And the producers refused them a performing slot of that very same song and then did a full length parody of said song without noting the show for which it's score is nominated score or the composer who wrote that score.  Taken all together, that's some shady sh*t.

I'd be very surprised if that was the full story. It's more likely a financially failing show like Be More Chill couldn't scrape together the money in time, wanted to make some deal, and the

The Inheritance casting  Jun 10 2019, 06:20:13 PM

Boys in the Band actors are too old. I don't have the play in front of me, but doesn't Eric turn 30 in it? Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Andrew Rannells, Matt Bomer, Michael Benjamin Washington are all 40+. Keep John Benjamin Hickey and you've lost a huge part of the generational gap story they're trying to tell.

Wick3 said: I think the only male characters that need to be smoking hot abs and all are Leo and Adam (both in their 20s.)

So, only on

MITB Tony's Reactions  Jun 10 2019, 05:16:49 PM

Yeah, no one knows where the pizza at the Oscars came from

I haven't seen a single article about the Tonys that didn't highlight the parody and name Be More Chill. It IS  getting free promotion.

The Inheritance casting  Jun 10 2019, 04:23:52 PM

Cheyenne Jackson is about a decade too old for these roles. So are the Boys and the Band leads, though my fear is that's exactly where they'll go first.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You