News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for staunchcharacter

staunchcharacter Profile Photo
Member Name: staunchcharacter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mary Poppins Broadway vs Tour
 Jan 21 2013, 09:52:43 PM
Isn't the tour closing in June?
Colbert calls out Tyson
 Jul 23 2012, 11:42:41 PM
I was watching the Colbert report tonight. Colbert was upset that Tyson didn't show up to talk about his upcoming show.
"Go see the show, or better yet say you will see the show for weeks and then don't" (Not an exact quote but it was very close to those lines).
Is this going to affect ticket sales?

Same Role 30 Years Later?
 Jul 18 2012, 01:56:09 PM
Topol in Fiddler on the Roof.
Best(or worst) Act 1 closers?
 Jul 16 2012, 03:28:44 PM
My personal favorite Act 1 closer will always be "A Little Priest."
Most Boring Musicals
 Jun 18 2012, 01:03:59 PM
The Color Purple. And the recent Bring it On tour.
Billy Elliot Tour
 Jun 16 2012, 07:21:26 AM
So does this mean the current tour would be considered the third national tour? Or is it still considered the 2nd national tour?
Sister Act tour?
 Jun 13 2012, 10:25:23 PM
That doesn't sound too drastic at all. I'm amazed at how well shows tour nowadays.
Sister Act tour?
 Jun 13 2012, 08:30:25 AM
Are they going to tour with the turntable? Shrek Managed to do it for their tour if I remember correctly.
Rant about the 2012 TONY nominations here
 May 2 2012, 12:18:22 AM
^Agreed. I'm not a fan of Wildhorn, but his work on Bonnie and Clyde was wonderful. He deserves it.

BWW Reviews: Quotidian Theatre Puts On Brilliantly Executed, Unrelentingly Gloomy Production of FAITH HEALER
 Apr 11 2012, 06:04:33 AM
There's something strange regarding my review of Faith Healer. Specificly, the last paragraph starts all over again at the beginning of the article. However, the problem doesn't appear on the editing page, so I can't fix it. Help! (and thanks).

Audrey

Reprises that are better/more well known than the actual song...
 Apr 6 2012, 03:05:27 AM
While not well known ( and lesser quality) show, The reprise of "Take me to Heaven" at the end of act one is more talked about (if at all) than the original in the opening.
Humphries retries the Dame!
 Mar 19 2012, 04:02:54 PM
This is a shame for me. I had always wanted to see the Dame in person. Looks like that dream is a bygone
If Raven is a hit, do you think they will record some select tracks?
 Mar 19 2012, 03:55:46 PM
The main reason Im pulling for this is so I can finally have a recording of Haven't got a prayer.
If Raven is a hit, do you think they will record some select tracks?
 Mar 19 2012, 06:57:03 AM
Like how they're doing for H2$?
Patina's Last Show
 Mar 19 2012, 12:04:23 AM
It warms my heart the Jerry Zaks felt that way about her. She deserve every accolade she has and will receive. Also, I bet she riffed the living hell outta that score!

just back from LOVE NEVER DIES - Loved it
 Feb 29 2012, 01:44:59 AM
I know, I'm as shocked as you. But when something is good, its good. I'm eating my words right now to several of my friends. Its visually spectacular and while the book and score are flawed, they still serve for a great, emotional evening at the (movie) theatre.
just back from LOVE NEVER DIES - Loved it
 Feb 29 2012, 12:45:40 AM
Im absolutely shocked. I thought I would hate it, but the characters here seem more formed than they did in the original!
What roles Angela Lansbury could still play on stage?
 Feb 27 2012, 02:57:07 AM
I adore the idea of Mrs.Lansbury playing Big Edie! I could actually see her doing it too. Maybe if they finally take the show (or at least mount a new production) on the west end, she could garner herself a long overdue Oliver award?
Your Most Hated Musical
 Feb 20 2012, 12:09:42 AM
Pacific Overtures. Because I find the book unworthy of Sondheim's excellent score and Prince's brilliant staging.
How has Memphis not recouped?
 Feb 15 2012, 11:24:18 PM
Do you think they could at least be close to recouping?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You