News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Princeton Returns

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Member Name: Princeton Returns
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CATS Revival Casting  May 13 2016, 05:06:33 AM

Nicole has pulled out of Cats and ALW is not happy. Although suggesting she would be getting a Tony for it is a bit of a stretch

article on www.digitalspy.co.uk (phone won't copy link for some reason)

Alfie Boe Leading Finding Neverland National Tour  May 9 2016, 02:41:32 PM

Bwaydrummer31 said: "It's certainly been confirmed on their website. And I'm pretty sure Kelsey Grammer and Mr Boe were announced to open it.

"

No that was just an article in the daily mail as who producers were looking at. And whilst it's clear they are making london plans,  nothing official has been announced like dates, theatre or cast.

Alfie Boe Leading Finding Neverland National Tour  May 9 2016, 02:05:21 PM

Alfie hasn't been confirmed for london run, in fact the London run hasn't been confirmed yet

Good Parts of  May 8 2016, 04:59:28 AM

Dave13 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "I loathed Finding Neverland, but I have to say that 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Sylvia's death scene with the glitter was stunning   

&

CATS Revival  May 7 2016, 12:48:33 PM

JudyDenmark said: "Gotta give them props for "let the memory live again." Nicely done, marketing. 

"

Has this never been used in america before? It's used in the uk all the time for tours etc

Theatre Do and Don'ts Petition!  May 7 2016, 12:44:59 PM

This is why a do's and don't would never work because people disagree on what is and isn't acceptable.

Even cell phones, yes they are annoying and I'd agree it would be nice if they could be stopped. but for people to say it's ruined a whole performance for them, really?! 

The bandana comment is ridiculous, what harm is that doing to you. I'd rather have someone dressed like that than some smartly dress person with aftershave or perfume wafting every

Will Something Rotten change theaters?  Apr 23 2016, 07:55:04 AM

Let's face it, Frozen wouldn't go to the Nederlander anyway. It's going to want a big broadway house for both capacity and also staging

Glenn Close in SUNSET BLVD.  Apr 23 2016, 07:47:42 AM

She is off both shows today

Shrek removes slur  Apr 16 2016, 01:21:39 AM

I'm surprised people have an issue with tranny being used but don't seem to have an issue with the gay fairy joke in finding neverland, again used for an outdated cheap laugh.

Musical theatre, considering how supportive it is of the gay community etc, does love to use stereotypes for cheap laughs in general.

So Engineer in Miss Saigon doesn't have to be (traditionally) Asian?  Mar 25 2016, 08:58:30 AM

Alw does produce via his company RUG, which is half the problem with him. Interesting that his most successful shows have been produced by cameron. I think Cameron has only produced Cats and Phantom of AlWs. But that's just off the top of my head, there may have been others

The role of the engineer doesn't really have to be played by vietnamese actor as the show makes his background clear. I think part o the controversy with pryce was (from memory) they altered the shape o

Luke Evans & Hugh Jackman Gaston singoff  Mar 20 2016, 11:11:44 AM

I hope Luke Evans puts more effort into the role on screen than that clip. Sure his voice is good but there's not much characterisation or presence there so I'm not sure what you're getting so excited over.  It was just done for a laugh. 

Taron however pretty much knocked everyone else off the screen with his presence and charisma without even trying

Wildhorn's WONDERLAND musical to tour UK  Mar 19 2016, 12:53:52 PM

I'd say if it's capitalising on anything it's the release of the big budget disney sequel due out soon and not a production at the national that most people haven't heard of

Who deserved it more?  Mar 11 2016, 05:05:19 PM

Kristen chenowith for on the 20th century

Andy Karl for On the 20th century

School of Rock West End 2017  Mar 2 2016, 02:48:27 PM

This was announced a little while ago, possibly even late last year. Rumour is it may not go to the palladium anymore.  Also the rumour is a panto will be in the palladium this xmas

When Will FINDING NEVERLAND Pack It In?  Mar 1 2016, 01:53:37 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if this sees the year out and singin in the rain moves in in early 2017

Miss Saigon Filmed on West End  Mar 1 2016, 01:05:46 AM

The show has a loyal hard core base of fans, and it was them that were always asking Cameron when it was coming back. The problem is, like the last west end Evita, it just didn't appeal to the wider theatre going audience even though it was supposedly the show 'most people want to.be revived)

Miss Saigon Filmed on West End  Feb 29 2016, 04:41:01 PM

That is pr spin. That article was written just after opening so would mean it would have paid back its investment in under a month. The advance was good and exceeded the budget so on the face of it it looks like you've made your money, but until performances begin you don't have money in the bank to pay back the original investment plus meet weekly running costs. So unless running costs were 0 it is highly unlikely it paid back its investment within a month.

I seem to

Miss Saigon Filmed on West End  Feb 29 2016, 03:48:53 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "It didn't flop. 

"

Yes it did really, cameron expected it to last a lot longer but it started to struggle a bit within its first year after the initial rush had died down. I also think his comments about it being sold out for so far in advance backfired as people didn't think they'd get tickets. He was counting agency allocations which of course isn't money in the bank.

Kelli O'Hara to depart King and I April 17, Marin Mazzie joins cast May 3  Feb 21 2016, 05:12:39 PM

Michelle Dockery would be the ideal actress to open it in London. Considering The Sound of Music (probably the biggest name R&H show) couldn't survive in london without a name im not sure why they think this will sell with an unknown like Kelli. Especially when  The King and I as a show is done on tour often in the UK 

Game Time! Can You Guess Paper Mill Playhouse's Upcoming Season?  Feb 10 2016, 03:57:24 PM

Hot Shoe Shuffle?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You