News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jack Lopez-Turner

Jack Lopez-Turner Profile Photo
Member Name: Jack Lopez-Turner
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Miserables - Tempe
 Jun 14 2011, 02:32:07 AM
No doubt it got a standing ovation. Everything in Arizona gets a standing ovation. They could bring a show called "Crap: The musical" and it could completely live up to its name and we'd STILL stand for it.
A New Approach to Posting?
 Feb 3 2011, 10:16:16 PM
I just think people get too arrogant and nasty. There's no reason for it.
If the Papermill Does Damn Yankees...
 Feb 2 2011, 10:28:31 PM
Cady Huffman.
 Feb 2 2011, 09:31:24 PM
"Yes but then no one can ASSUME that that individual is NEVER nasty to other people."

"If you're trying to say that AEA sent you a nasty PM then come out and say so. They haven't even posted in this thread and you bring them up out of the blue. If they didn't then please stop singling out a poster who isn't even here. And even if they did I don't care. But this dancing around is crazy."

LAME!

Feb 2 2011, 09:14:17 PM
Yes but then no one can ASSUME that that individual is NEVER nasty to other people.
 Feb 2 2011, 08:58:28 PM
Do you read absolutely every post they write or PM's sent to other people besides you?
Carrie: the Musical...so bad it's good
 Feb 2 2011, 08:49:54 PM
I love the music!!! At the very least I wish they would make a recording of it. Same with Quilters. They just had an anniversary production in Denver and didn't bother to record it.
 Feb 2 2011, 08:39:18 PM
And I personally think that the moderators for the site need to control some of the bullying that goes on. They have the ability to do so, but maybe they enjoy reading at others expense too.
Better to know show or not when seeing it?
 Feb 2 2011, 08:35:50 PM
It's really a toss up. Some shows like "Caroline or Change" or "Jelly's Last Jam" I knew nothing about when I saw them. It did make it nice for a change to not know the music before hearing it. But then I also like knowing what to expect on some level too.
 Feb 2 2011, 08:25:26 PM
I absolutely agree with this 100%. I can't tell you how often someone posts an interesting topic, but it gets lost in the wailing they get over not spelling a word right. Maybe it has something to do with how insecure many of the people on this board are. Like those who make their user name their credentials. AEA SAD PMS. Who really cares. Perhaps my user name should be CLA SAG WGA DGA GAY.
Next to Normal - Theatre League
 Feb 1 2011, 04:36:51 PM
I saw it in March while she was out on vacation. I actually preferred the understudy as I've never been a Ripley fan. My only concern in it not hitting more cities is that I want my family to see it. I guess a Non-Equity that rolls through phoenix will be better than nothing, although we are used to getting tours on their first run.
 Feb 1 2011, 04:25:29 PM
It doesn't seem like a very long Equity tour. Any reason why? From what I've read on here it's not that expensive a show to run. Why would they limit the official tour to such a select number of cities?
 Feb 1 2011, 04:17:37 PM
The Kansas City page for Theatre League show that they will be running Next to Normal in their current season. However, the website for the show itself does not show Kansas City as a stop. Is this some special one city Non-Equity show?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You