News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ticenewyorkcity

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
Member Name: ticenewyorkcity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dance of the Vampires
 Oct 31 2018, 09:34:28 PM

i enjoyed this show for many reasons and saw it multiple times (the whole show 5 times, 2nd acted about 20 times).  previews were well attended but immediately after opening with those horrendous reviews i often sat in an entirely empty balcony,

impressive sets and vocals but it was pretty much a disaster.  why crawford was ever given creative control is beyond me.  that horrible accent...quite the entrance with his coffin shooting up from the stage while sarah (mandy) screams "help me all mighty god!" with crawford replying "god has left the building!!".

for a show with dance in the title there was surprisingly little on display.  i was told during rehearsals that the ensemble was told by carrafa to "just rock out" and that's basically what they did.  the was the fantastic 'braver than we are/red boots ballet/say a prayer' sequence that led up to the close of the first act.  unbelievable vocals by mandy and max with amazing dancing leading to shatter a vampire myth.  they aren't supposed to reflect in a mirror...?  well cue the 2-way mirror drop that encased the entire ensemble in an infinite reflection while mandy stood at the edge of the stage.  

braver than we are/red boots/say a prayer- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckelLPqtbeU

the first act closing with that giant draw bridge and crawford holding a note longer than the shows run was great fun.  especially the wire work with the villagers falling off the bridge.

each time i saw the show "vampires in love" *total eclipse of the heart* got laughter and for all the wrong reasons.  "carpe noctem" is still a favorite of mine.  the giant bed, dream characters and dancing gargoyles were great fun.  the finalized version of that number was a long way ahead of the nightmare during previews with the tracked/traveling bath tub for the dream sarah and an ending where the ensemble removed their red wigs and beat her with them...

carpe noctem- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhmADmtRTM

max's solo "for sarah" is a beautiful song as well as crawford's "confessions of a vampire".

if this were running i'd go back often.  it truly had to be seen to be believed.

"you think broadway musicals suck now? just you wait..."

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
 Apr 1 2017, 09:14:43 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "So Bareilles has no prior acting experience aside from a single bit as Ariel in the recent Hollywood Bowl concert of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID?  She's playing a Tony Award nominated role originated by Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller.  That's ambitious.  I totally validate the stunt casting for all the obvious reasons but seriously.  Good luck to the cast having to work harder than usual for the next 10 weeks.  I hope they&#

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
 Apr 1 2017, 09:06:59 AM

Woman Of The Year rehearsal footage. HAPPY WEEKEND!
 Mar 27 2016, 09:39:42 AM

any idea who is singing from 8:10-8:20?

David Shiner/Seussical?
 Jul 2 2015, 06:54:33 PM

can anyone refresh my memory about the drama with him?  

i remember he was 'on vacation' then never came back....?

Selling Auto'd 'Avenue Q' Poster (orig.)
 Jul 8 2013, 02:17:18 PM
Signed by most of the Original Broadway Cast of Avenue Q. It is unframed. There are two tiny holes where nails were for mounting, and a piece of tape on the back that I don't want to take off for fear of ripping. (pics included)

The autographs:

John Tartaglia - Princton/Rod
Rick Lyon - Nicky/Trekkie/Bad Idea Bear
Ann Harada - Christmas Eve
Jordan Gelber - Brian
Jennifer Barnhart- Mrs. T/Bad Idea Bear
*Jeff Marx - Composer/Lyricists

* Jeff left th

Annie 20th Anniversary Revival Casting Controversy
 Jun 18 2013, 02:14:18 PM
broadwayguy2,
Have we met? ;0)

I've read Bill's wonderful book.

Hold him in high regard.

I don't doubt he was asked to rehearse her secretly and not tell any one. Was it done because they planned to replace Joanna all along or was it done in secrecy so as to not cause drama among the other children and their parents? I'd like to think it was the latter, but who knows.

Once Brittny was listed in the program as a second understudy I assume ever

Jun 17 2013, 10:25:32 PM
Alexandra did go on for the role when Joanna was sick and while the producers found her performance less than stirring they went whith Kissinger. Alexandra was the annie u/s and orphan swing. Replace a valuable player or replace your less than stellar lead? I've said it before and i'll always say it. Kissinger was the best .
 Jun 17 2013, 07:34:16 PM
The producers gave Joanna many opportunities to 'fix' her performance/give them the performance they wanted. But from what I have gathered over the years the firing wasn't necessarily sitting solely on Joanna's shoulders.

While it may be perceived Brittny was rehearsed 'behind Joanna's back', she was actually a listed 2nd understudy for quite some time before the firing occurred.

Roger Hess, a producer of The 20th Anniversary, recently wrote a book, "No Biz Like It" and e

Easter Bonnet 1997
 Jan 15 2013, 03:42:37 PM
Any one have the video of Easter Bonnet from 1997?

I have searched the site but they seem to not have it.

thank you

Anne Hathaway Owes Me $14
 Dec 31 2012, 09:42:30 AM
I cannot thank Gothampc enough for the free acting lesson. I was looking into new class options but I've now been spared the trouble.

I've quickly learned all I need to know.

ANNIE 1997 Revival?
 Oct 10 2012, 07:25:34 PM
Received such negative press because the girl they hired to do the role, chose and WANTED could not pull it together and give the performance they wanted from her.

She was given line reads with Martin's Assistant. Given over 9 months (rehearsals and pre-Broadway tour) to give the performance they wanted from her and she still wasn't able to. Her bronchitis absence in Boston was a chance for the producers to put Kissinger (who had been rehearsed secretly) on and test her performance.

Yes
 Sep 29 2012, 04:26:34 PM
ahh. thank you!
"What Ever Happened To My Part?" Lyric change
 Sep 29 2012, 04:09:47 PM
Was curious if there was a lyric change in this song for Sara Ramirez after she won her Tony.

Anyone?

Wicked Lottery
 Sep 6 2012, 08:32:11 PM
If you are Asain, Chinese or Japanese you will win.
Reschedule a show bought by mistake...
 Sep 5 2012, 09:06:44 PM
kadu sent you private msg.
Rosie O'Donnell Suffers Heart Attack; Blogs for Women's Health
 Aug 20 2012, 10:21:21 PM
Hey bway world ers
So sry u r all bitter

Nvr got n e where
Nvr were going 2 go ne where

Luv when u talk bout shows that happened centuries ago

Tell me , how did ur elderly mind ever mstr the web?

U have all done less in ur liftm than she's done in a yr

Please stp bing the vultures out side of the bx offc
Screaming at us, paying flks, for tkts.

Pls stop

Enjoy ur H.A.

Is Vivino on tonight?
 Aug 10 2012, 02:05:41 PM
Thank you
Is Vivino on tonight?
 Aug 10 2012, 01:52:58 PM
Oh! Thank you for the info

Is Vivino on tonight?
 Aug 10 2012, 01:46:57 PM
Tried lotto last night.

Really want to see her.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You