News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for satisfiied

Member Name: satisfiied
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cabaret giving Playbills AFTER the show?
 Dec 13 2017, 08:01:01 PM

I just heard that Cabaret handed out playbills after the show, not before, why was this? I'm really curious and can't seem to find a reason online.

Worst Broadway Show of 2017
 Dec 13 2017, 07:55:53 PM

Why isn't Bandstand on this list? I can't be only one who thought it was horrific.

Besides the fact that Laura Osnes and Corey Cott can't pretend to have chemistry for the life of them, the songs were just plain bad. ("Welcome Home" was decent at best.) I could go on and on about how truly terrible this show was. The dancing was the only good thing about it.

I'm very bias but I have to say I enjoyed Amélie. I know it's not well written by any

Help finding a show to put on with a female lead!
 Dec 13 2017, 04:53:31 PM

Does anyone know anything about Camelot? Would this be a good show?

Dec 13 2017, 04:32:58 PM

Dave28282 said: "You say that the girl (strongest candidate) can sing mezzo and soprano and that you were going to do/planning to do the Sound of Music. Then you say you are looking for a similar role like Maria because she would be good for it.

I would just pick her and not change shows because of her color.

It's mostly people of color who always think in race and that is the cause of the problem. I would give them an example of how to look past that and go

Dec 13 2017, 04:18:04 PM

I'm not really familiar with South Pacific. Our lead is a Pacific Islander (Polynesian to be more specific), would this be a problem?

Dec 13 2017, 03:54:58 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "Seriously though, why not The Sound of Music?"

Just made an edit about this; we were going to do Sound of Music this year, but our strongest candidate is a person of color and my fellow producers and I all have differing opinions on whether or not it would be okay to cast a person of color as Maria considering the time period the show is set in. So, we have mutually decided to just look for another show instead.

Dec 13 2017, 03:52:21 PM

To clarify, I am looking for a show to star an actress who could be easily cast. 

(We were going to do Sound of Music this year, but our strongest candidate is a person of color and my fellow producers and I all have differing opinions on whether or not it would be okay to cast a person of color as Maria considering the time period the show is set in. So, we have mutually decided to just look for another show instead.)

Dec 13 2017, 03:40:35 PM

Hello! I run a small theatre and need to find a show with a female lead to put on this season. Should be a Maria in the Sound of Music type. Also, the women who we have playing the lead in this show can sing mezzo and soprano so either is fine!

Thank you.

EDIT: To clarify, I am looking for a show to star an actress who could be easily cast as Maria.

(We were going to do Sound of Music this year, but our strongest candidate is a person of color and my fellow produ

Dec 13 2017, 03:11:55 PM

Sound of Music Revival Dreamcast - Only with people of color!
 Dec 13 2017, 02:44:11 PM

BwayLB said: "How about Audra McDonald graduating from Mother Abbesses to Maria."

Honestly I'm up for Audra McDonald to do any and all roles on Broadway. So that's a yes for me.

Deleted
 Dec 13 2017, 02:16:44 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You