News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IveGottaBeME

Member Name: IveGottaBeME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

in the heights lotto?
 May 10 2007, 10:08:08 PM
just wondering if there was an in the heights lotto..? if so, is it worth it ? is it ever on tix? im planning on going to nyc on tuesday and am looking to see a show. what shows have great lottos or are usually on tix?? thanks!!
re: Philly's Caroline or Change
 Mar 25 2007, 07:22:27 PM
i just saw it again today... Joilet as Caroline was amazing today, even better than before. Her Lot's Wife has the crowd roaring and and old man sobbing next to me. It was wonderful. The radio's vocals and energy was incredible today. The only weak link in hte cast is the Moon......she is distracting.
re: Philly's Caroline or Change
 Mar 8 2007, 12:34:52 PM
i'm seeing it tonight. Elyse Taylor, who is a senior at the University of the Arts, plays Emmie and is wonderful. Also, Tallia Brinson who played Mimi on the Rent tour is one of the radios and she graduated from UArts.
re: Did anyone see Jennifer Hudson at Hammerstein?..Comments
 Jan 1 2007, 03:55:27 PM
anyopneee??
what show is the song "Self portrait" from??
 Dec 22 2006, 04:53:11 PM
Does anyone know the male song "Self Portrait" and what's it from? I have to sing it at voice lessons but haven't received the music yet. Is it a ballad? Contemporary??

re: Jennifer Hudson on Leno
 Dec 21 2006, 06:58:15 PM
she sounded amazing and truly commited.. you don't have to build in every song... her interpretation was great and filled with emotion... her riffing and runs at the end were wonderful
re: NOT a dancer
 Dec 16 2006, 01:18:11 AM
UArts has wonderful training, but it gets pretty intense. Especially Sophomore year with Meisner.

I am also not a dancer and the dance audition at UArts was the most difficult when I auditioned. It basically depends on who choreographs that day though. Basically, they want to see your personality. If you can't dance, then you will be in Beginner. Those who already can, will be put in Intermediate.

re: Eden admits to being a 'screamer'
 Dec 6 2006, 09:44:48 AM
um, i'm pretty sure that Eden is saying she would love to play Fantine one day, it just didn't work out... She CRIED when she was offered it..

even if she is a big snob, i'm sure she wouldn't blatantly show it in an interview. she wants to be in LA because her family lives there AND people are gonna see herr!! Hello?? Record Deal!

re: contemporary/pop male songs for Baritone
 Dec 4 2006, 12:23:57 AM
???

contemporary/pop male songs for Baritone
 Dec 3 2006, 11:26:23 PM
I'm looking for new songs to sing next semester.. I'm a Baritone, but i'm looking for really good contemporary/pop songs to sing in voice lessons... any suggestions??? I'm looking for songs such as as "Anytime" (Finn), "And They're Off", "It Took Me Awhile", etc... I also really enjoy Buchino but I've sang a lot of his stuff. thank you so much if anyone has any good suggestions..
re: Les Miz Opening Night Video
 Nov 16 2006, 07:58:05 PM
Daphne is so freakin invested... amazing, heartbreaking.
re: Daphne sounds remarkable
 Nov 15 2006, 10:43:58 PM
I'm sure Daphne doesn't wish to have anyone's vocal range or talent, because Daphne is a unique, tony nominated, fearless, versatile, singer actor who is completely passionate about her art.
re: Daphne sounds remarkable
 Nov 15 2006, 05:52:13 PM
Daphne doesn't talk the entire song... the parts she talks are EASY parts.. why does she need to hold out notes for no reason?? this is her version of the song... every note should not be held long just for the sake of showing off the voice. when daphne goes for those high notes, she does not talk them..

I would not have enjoyed her performance WITHOUT her breathiness and raspiness... it adds so much to what she's going through.. she builds and builds through out the song.

Daphne sounds remarkable
 Nov 15 2006, 01:30:57 PM
I have heard Daphne's "I Dreamed a Dream" and I don't know if it was just a good night for her.
She hits every note, she is never off key.
Her version gave me goosebumps... it was so filled with emotion and pain. Daphne's interpretation is so vulnerable and fearless, she just lets us have it... When she sings lines such as "then i was young and unafraid", "he took my childhood in his stride, but he was gone when autumn came" & "but there are dreams that cannot be and there are storms we

re: Les Mis revival cast and the Tonys
 Nov 15 2006, 01:24:05 PM
Daphne will be nominated and win.
re: i just met lachanze!!!!!
 Nov 12 2006, 01:35:18 PM
university of the arts in philly.
re: i just met lachanze!!!!!
 Nov 12 2006, 01:14:30 AM
yea, she got an award at the University of the Arts gala today.
re: Les Miserables Review 11/4
 Nov 5 2006, 02:10:31 PM
um i'd rather witness an emotional riveting performance rather than a bland singer just belting her ass off worrying about how she soundsss and not what the hell she's saying
 Nov 5 2006, 02:05:33 PM
Oh my God. In the novel the degeneration of her character, let's say, going from the seamstress who sells the locket of her loved one to pay for her child and then she sells her hair and then she sells her body. Between the hair and the body came the teeth. She sells her teeth. . . . I fell back on my chair [when I read that]. Just the tragedy of her physical state. She's poor, always been poor — she came from unknown origins. No one knew who her parents were, but she had this integrity and this
 Nov 5 2006, 02:03:22 PM
for those who don't like daphne...
you're basing it solely on her voice. Belting beautifully DOES NOT equal GOOD ACTING. How about reading Daphne's interview... she did much research on the character of Fantine. Fantine gave up everything for her child and went through so much. She shouldn't be sounding beautiful at all. She freakin dies. She's a broken soul.

Read the interview. Daphne sings with emotion. something that I wish all MT performers would do...

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/102700.html

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You