News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedCatsontheRoof

WickedCatsontheRoof Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedCatsontheRoof
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Karmine Alers
 Aug 21 2005, 04:27:54 PM
FosseBoi~ You were disappointed huh. I think I might have liked half of them overall. It is hard to tell with how short the clips are.
re: Karmine Alers
 Aug 21 2005, 02:50:12 PM
I really liked it when I saw her in Rent this summer. She was great performing Out Tonight and tears were rolling down my cheeks during Goodbye Love. The clips from her album definitely make me want to go out and get it.
re: RENT Movie Soundclips now online!
 Aug 20 2005, 12:31:06 AM
I just got back home and I had an IM message with the link for the clips. This is just building my excitement.
re: RENT in Bryant Park - BWW section?
 Aug 3 2005, 11:33:13 AM
I think 7am.
re: Shalom!
 Jul 25 2005, 11:32:06 PM
Eyneni medaberet ivrit tova.
 Jul 25 2005, 11:16:37 PM
::singing:: Yom huledet sameah....

lailah tov Yenta

Jul 25 2005, 11:02:27 PM
Oh and Thenardier, do you really not know what you said?
re: Somebody Loves You!
 Jul 13 2005, 10:02:54 PM
Hey bso, stealing one of my away messages huh.... j/k I know you like that show.
re: BWW FAQ: I'm new! Help me!
 Jul 13 2005, 12:35:28 PM
That was great. I especially enjoyed the photos. Thanks Aigoo.
re: Some love for 'Piazza' in Opera News
 Jul 13 2005, 12:05:36 PM
Well in this plot synopsis of the movie from the site below it says the mental capacity of a 10 year old. I've never seen the movie but I thought I heard after I saw the musical that in the movie Fabrizio also had a mental disability. I can't find anything that supports this. Does anyone else know?

http://www.vh1.com/movies/movie/64976/plot.jhtml

Jul 13 2005, 11:47:36 AM
***continuing spoiler alert

Ok that makes sense. I see what you mean about maybe not being able to "make that leap". Kelli made it clear at least to me. When Clara was running around in the first scene going up to strangers and singing we're on vacation she reminded me a lot of the little children who walk right up to you and show you their doll and say "Hi, this is my baby".

Jul 13 2005, 10:47:43 AM
Possible SPOILER:

That's interesting that you agree with the Kelli comment. I didn't know in advance, but I knew right away after the first song that she definitely acted young and something wasn't quite right. Maybe this is because I have spent time with children with mental disabilities such as Downs Syndrome where the maturity level is lower than their true age.

re: Which of the 'Big 4' is your favorite?
 Jul 11 2005, 06:54:49 PM
I've only seen Phantom, Cats, and Miss Saigon. Out of those three I like Phantom the best.
GFU: Greg Fans United/ Gregory Jbara Love Thread / Wed. & Sat. GregCam
 Jul 11 2005, 03:58:14 PM
Hahahaha I'm sorry and you needed a new phone why. Hahahahahahahah....
re: Light in the Piazza seating, asap.
 Jul 11 2005, 03:29:29 PM
I was in the Logeo in Row C on the left. The conductor is on the left side of the stage so I agree with crazy smiles about how they play towards the left. I thought my seats were great. They were usually facing right towards where I was sitting so they could follow the conductor. You didn't really miss anything. Maybe some of the set that was in the background stage. The set was pretty simple anyway. Oh and the Orchestra was loud. Maybe even a bit too loud.

re: light in the piazza
 Jul 11 2005, 01:41:53 PM
haha Yeah. Then I realized you already had that link. Somehow, I skipped right by it the first time I read through.
re: light in the piazza
 Jul 11 2005, 01:34:29 PM
I just saw this show 2 days ago. The songs are amazing. I would think it is a bit confusing for people who don't really know Italian or another romance language. I had taken Italian already for 5 years.

GFU: Greg Fans United/ Gregory Jbara Love Thread / Wed. & Sat. GregCam
 Jul 10 2005, 02:11:09 AM
Hi everyone. I wasn't able to watch the webcam today, but as luck would have it I met Greg on the streets of NYC. I just talked to him a little, and he definitely is such a nice guy.
re: wed like to thank you herbit hover
 Jul 8 2005, 04:00:56 PM
Liam- I was wondering the same thing. At my high school, we had to audition with this song. I was a Hooverite in Annie. The dance routine was fun to do. Some of the lines were kind of funny too.
re: Singing Along
 Jul 5 2005, 10:21:17 PM
hmmmm With a passion huh. Darn I knew I meant to do something today.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You