News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for singinswinga

singinswinga Profile Photo
Member Name: singinswinga
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Jun 18 2007, 06:13:41 PM
Jerry Herman is a hack.

The Tony Awards are BS.

Follies is THE PERFECT MUSICAL.

Disney ruined Broadway.

re: Tony Award Boo Boos  Sep 4 2006, 05:17:33 PM
1984-La Cage Aux Folles should NOT have beat out Sunday in the Park with George for Best Score.

And everything Sweeney this year-especially Patti.

re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...  Sep 3 2006, 04:58:44 PM
-When you find yourself growing disdainful toward people who think musical theatre is defined by Andrew Lloyd Webber, especially because you know there is no way they'll ever "get" Sondheim.
True that.

I have some more.

-When you get pissed at people on these boards who are obsessed with Wicked and/or RENT because you know they're not "real" musicals.

-When you list your pet peeves as "Andrew Lloyd Webber, stage musical movie adaptations, juke

re: what is your dream part?  Sep 3 2006, 04:41:11 PM
DOT/MARIE in Sunday in the Park with George, DEFINATELY.
tied for a close second are Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd and Anita in West Side Story, but I definately would feel thrilled beyond to play any of Sondheim's women.

re: Are there such radio stations?  Sep 1 2006, 05:33:48 PM
I'm usually a fan of Sirius's "Broadway's Best" station but lately they play something from Sweet Charity at least once every hour. Has anyone else noticed that? They're more of a Broadway Station for the masses and aren't catered to really theatre fans. But I'm pretentious.
re: Best Monologues in a Broadway Play  Jul 31 2006, 01:21:46 AM
Samuel Byck in Assassins has some great ones. Or, at least one great one.
re: Sondheim Reissues bonus tracks  Jul 31 2006, 01:07:11 AM
I can't wait for Sunday. It's out of print now and I can't afford $40 for someone's old copy on Amazon!
re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...  Jul 27 2006, 01:26:46 PM
When you don't think that everyone who's posted thus far really knows what they're talking about.
Cincinatti revival of COMPANY coming to Broadway  Jul 23 2006, 07:38:31 PM
I AM SO HAPPY! The staging is just like the current Sweeney production, with the actors playing instruments onstage and everything. I think Marta plays tuba and that makes me happy to no end.
re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...  Jul 23 2006, 07:34:11 PM
I'm positive that these are all just me, but here I go...

When someone mentions how much they love Phantom/Wicked/RENT you start yelling at them about how mediocre they are in comparison to, say, A Little Night Music or Company. You then proceed to bash every single ALW or Jonathan Larson show ever composed.

You wrote a 10-page research paper on Stephen Sondheim's influence on contemporary music theatre.

Your favorite book is The Singers Musical Theatre Anthology for

re: Snarkiest Tony Award acceptance speech?  May 30 2006, 08:42:44 PM
I know that's why I hate Jerry Herman too! What a jerk.
re: Snarkiest Tony Award acceptance speech?  May 30 2006, 08:22:46 PM
Jerry Herman in 1984 for La Cage Aux Folles when he said "a simple, hummable tune is still alive on Broadway" and was totally sticking it to Sondheim's pointilism-inspired score for Sunday in the Park with George.
re: Favorite Lighting Moment...  May 30 2006, 08:20:40 PM
I don't know if this counts but in Assassins when a vidoe Kennedy's assassination was projected on Oswald's tee shirt. Super chilling and effective.
re: stupid question  May 29 2006, 06:26:06 PM
thanks. sometimes I shouldn't breathe.
Assassins  May 25 2006, 05:07:49 PM
I just got the 1994 OBC and I really want to do the monologue "Have it Your Way", but I have NO IDEA what the staging is supposed to look like or who the character is talking to or anything. Can someone help me out?
re: Audition Song For Upcoming Summer Musical...  May 24 2006, 04:06:25 PM
You need to own The Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology. You will find SOMETHING in there- those books are amahzing.
re: Broadway song/Showtune that Best Describes you  May 24 2006, 04:04:30 PM
"I've been offstage for far too long..."

The Diva's Lament, Spamalot. No question.

re: freaking out-next year's high school musical just announced  May 22 2006, 07:58:19 PM
Im pretty upset about it--next year i'll be a senior and i was hoping the musical would be something i could star in like "Into the Woods"-I would totally rock the witch. Anyway, it's just me being selfish and a diva.
re: freaking out-next year's high school musical just announced  May 21 2006, 10:31:37 PM
at risk of exposing myself as a diva...

can Tzeitel and Grandmother Tzeitel maybe double?

hee hee.

re: help me figure out a musical  May 21 2006, 07:10:50 PM
i'm just thoroughly freaking out. i dont know if we can pull it off.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You