News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LaCageAuxFollesFan

LaCageAuxFollesFan Profile Photo
Member Name: LaCageAuxFollesFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JAJA'S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING Reviews
 Nov 1 2023, 08:57:31 PM

Clyde’s was $59 & Btwn Riverside and Crazy was $68 at Second Stage.  I personally think $69 is spot on.  It’s a great deal for those not in New York or those who are not able to make it to the Friedman for whatever reason. And hey, invite 4 or 5 friends over, everyone pitches in $10 and then it’s even more special.  I even think I’ll probably stream it after having seen it weeks ago.  

Easily the play that unexpectedly moved m

NY Times prediction: Idina might pull off an upset
 Jun 5 2014, 10:43:03 PM
Team Reed Birney. Hoping the New York theatre vet wins over the talented yet over-rewarded Brit.
And the Nominees Should Be... (Brantley and Isherwood Predictions)
 May 8 2014, 02:15:14 PM
I'd love Mare Winningham and/or Reed Birney to win the Featured Categories. Casa Valentina needs to be honored somewhere for all of those incredible performances. I still think it has a fair shot at Best Play as well, but Mare and Reed would be completely justified should they win. Do the Tony voters really want to hand Mark Rylance a third Tony already when Reed Birney is giving the performance of his career?
CASA VALENTINA Reviews
 Apr 23 2014, 03:35:59 PM
Post em here!
Happy Opening CASA VALENTINA

Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 17 2014, 10:57:56 AM
which only makes the play all the more fascinating the more I think of it and what has been accomplished with this production.
Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 2 2014, 04:07:22 PM
Fierstein said in an interview that I read or heard someplace recently that he was writing all 3 of his current Broadway shows simultaneously. When his composers on the two musicals were busy doing other things, he'd visit Casa Valentina.
casa valentina
 Apr 2 2014, 04:05:00 PM
I welcome you as well, but have to say I'm shocked by your reaction. I thought the entire evening was marvelous and some of the best storytelling, ensemble acting, and direction I have seen this season in a Broadway play.

And as stated, there is a whole thread on this already started. You can see my thoughts there.

Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 2 2014, 11:57:40 AM
Ha! Yes, I meant "genteel" and yes, Reed Birney is doing marvelous work, as is the entire cast really, but there's something fully realized and effortless about Reed's work.
Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 2 2014, 07:54:23 AM
Indeed macnyc, that's the entire specific crux of the play and a rather important one. I can't venture to say many who will see this work will probably have spent much time thinking about its themes in everyday life, which is why it' will resonate much deeper than on first glance.

There were a few minor line struggles from a couple of the actors, but that's quickly forgiven seeing as how it was the first time this play was ever being done in front of a full audience.

John

Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 1 2014, 11:56:39 PM
Harvey, clear your mantle. He's been a Tony contender for Newsies & Kinky Boots In recent years, but Casa Valentina is the best work you've done in quite some time and this gem is the far and away the best new play on Broadway this season. Sure, it's a weak season, but this play resonates deep. There could not be a better ensemble gathered than what is onstage at the Friedman right now. Patrick Page, Mare Winningham & REED BIRNEY give the most fully realized performances, but it's Reed who f
Casa Valentina Previews
 Apr 1 2014, 10:59:16 AM
I'll be there this evening and report back.
Is Judith Light breaking a record?
 May 23 2013, 04:41:42 PM
Stephen Spinella won for Angels in America, both parts, in 93 & 94.
Albeit in 2 different categories.

This would be an impressive feat for JL nonetheless should she pull it off. Which, She Should!

So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
 Apr 25 2013, 11:38:31 PM
After seeing The Assembled Parties a second time, there's a reason Judith Light could easily prevail on being a back to back winner. She's just too damn good. She and Hecht really feed off of each other so much and it's so refreshing to see devastatingly talent like that in a straight play. Not that Neilsen isn't formidable competition, she is great. I'm leaning more toward a repeat for Light, unless Hecht remains in Featured, then I say it's hers, no question. Most of these races will act
So...who's winning the Actress Tony categories ?
 Apr 25 2013, 08:33:58 PM
It'll depend on category placement, and we should probably know that tomorrow. But I think Jessica Hecht could upset either one of the categories they could put her in. And it wouldn't be much of an upset imo. The work she does in PARTIES moved me more than Tyson in BOUNTIFUL.

Judith Light, even though she won last year, could be formidable too.

I think you have the two musical winners spot on.

Can We Talk About Leading Actress In A Play?
 Apr 20 2013, 10:28:51 PM
I was just going to say the same. If I were MTC producers, I wouldn't petition to have Hecht moved. Keep her in the Featured category and she has a very strong chance of winning and gives Nielsen. It's not a stretch either, as THE ASSEMBLED PARTIES is very much an ensemble play. Leaving Hecht vs. Nielsen vs. Light in Featured and Metcalf vs. Morton vs. Tyson in Lead.
Best New Play
 Apr 1 2013, 03:28:56 PM
The Assembled Parties has been my favorite thus far. Still need to see the Bette Middler & Fiona Shaw shows.

Close Runners-up are Lucky Guy & The Other Place.

The Assembled Parties previews
 Mar 22 2013, 11:00:49 AM
Was there last night as well. I Really thought this was a strong production from MTC and agree, this is the type of play they excel at. Is it extremely plot heavy? No, but it sticks with you in a way that other plays don't. There is an honesty in this play that is refreshing for mature audiences. One of the main reasons for that are the performances from Jessica Hecht and Judith Light. It seems this was the first time this show has ever been done in front of an an audience, so sure there w
worst Off Broadway show you have seen?
 Sep 20 2012, 08:47:16 PM
ROMANTIC POETRY is far and away my answer to this question. If anybody saw it, I promise it would be at the top of your list too. Words don't even begin!
Boyd Gaines is exceptional in 'An Enemy of the People'
 Sep 15 2012, 09:58:36 PM
I mean, really, REALLY Good. I don't know why I was so surprised after seeing the show tonight. I mean, we all know he's great. His 4 Tonys are proof. BUT, having not seen him tackle a leading role like this in some time, its very rewarding to watch him here. The production itself is top shelf stuff too. The translation ultimately works and it really couldn't have been better cast. John Lee Beatty seems to do his best set designing for the Friedman theatre. No major qualms about the prod
2012 Creative Arts Tony Award Presentation: Online or Telecast?
 Jun 5 2012, 05:12:02 PM
From TonyAwards.com

The Red Carpet will be followed by full coverage of the Tony Awards ceremony live from the Beacon Theatre, including the Creative Arts Awards presented by the InterContinental Hotel and Resorts. Those awards can otherwise be seen live only inside the Beacon Theatre, or viewed later here on TonyAwards.com.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You