News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JulesReverie

JulesReverie Profile Photo
Member Name: JulesReverie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.troytatterton.tumblr.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why didn't Marilyn Monroe every do Broadway?
 Oct 12 2015, 02:48:53 AM

She actually wanted to produce Broadway shows and on one her recorded tapes before her death she talked about how she was working on getting a musical about Jean Harlow to Broadway (not starring herself, she knew she couldn't sing and had long accepted that shortcoming) 

Emma Watson to star in Condon's
 Mar 5 2015, 05:23:58 PM
Best12bars hit the nail. They still have that 1993 Grunge anti-musical mindset, it's as if they've NEVER gotten over the 1992 mega flop of Newsies(despite the fact that Newsies vhs and dvd sales made up for the losses and went on to become a Broadway smash 20years later)
17 Again: The Musical
 Feb 28 2015, 12:54:01 AM
And still no Coming To America musical

Also 17 Again was a mild hit, not really something to bank on and I'm pretty sure it's not a cult classic

I really see this going EXACTLY like the Big musical 20years ago

10 movies that should NEVER be turned Into Broadway musicals
 Feb 13 2015, 02:51:08 AM
Sadly Gone With The Wind was already turned into a musical(I think West End) and flopped badly with scathing reviews. It did not go well, a lot of people still think the Rhett and Scarlett should only be played by Gable and Leigh.

There are a lot of movies/books that really couldn't work as musicals but then there are some that would make  for incredible musicals just like Hugo's Les Miserables made for one incredible musical.

One book/movie I'm still surprised isn't a mus

Jan 28 2015, 02:44:41 PM
If he bulked up Christian Bale style, Matt Bomer would make a great Gaston

Jan 27 2015, 05:40:51 PM
Alas Hadley Fraser would be utter perfection as The Beast. Oh if only...

The fact that Khal Drogo is a rumored contender scares me.

Jan 27 2015, 05:22:30 PM
Fiddler on the Roof but that was 40years ago
Backstage With Disney on BroadwayCelebrating 20 Years tonight on ABC
 Dec 16 2014, 12:49:15 PM
It's a crime they didn't even mention nor pay tribute to Howard Ashman, there would be NO Disney on Broadway if it weren't for him.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Dec 16 2014, 12:45:35 PM
Chris Pine's voice for some reason reminds me of Michael C. Hall
PRETTY WOMAN Musical Being Developed
 Dec 8 2014, 06:03:54 PM
Why, God, why?
The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
 Dec 8 2014, 06:02:55 PM
How could I forget Mame, Mame would be perfect!
The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
 Dec 8 2014, 04:23:11 PM
I wish it was Little Shop of Horrors starring Zac Braff as Seymour, Meghan Hilty as Audrey, and maybe someone like Cee Lo Green as Audrey II and Michael C. Hall cameoing as The Dentist

DIsney's Live Action BEAUTY & THE BEAST Movie Musical
 Nov 27 2014, 03:58:41 AM
I agree, my dream role for Laura is Cathy Ames in an East of Eden musical
HUNCHBACK La Jolla Previews
 Nov 4 2014, 11:15:27 AM
My only problem is I like Frollo to be delusional, narcissistic and ruthlessly driven , I don't like Frollo to be so self aware and doubtful, because when it comes to the point where Quasi kills him, its not defense nor justice but revenge out of passion(because Frollo in this truly cares for Quasi and would never kill him being he's Jehan's son and his vow to him) so it ruins Quasi's innocence and makes him a monster, where as in the film Quasi even in defense takes the higher ground and finds
 Nov 4 2014, 11:01:50 AM
Tom Hulce wasn't a spring chicken when he voiced Quasi in 1996 and he was perfect. Michael Arden looks and sounds the same as he did ten years when I saw him Bare, he just doesn't age. Also those clips are only 20% of the whole show and only 10% of his performance. And trust me, there is a clear distinction between his voice and Patrick Page's, especially in person.
 Nov 1 2014, 07:57:16 PM
Saw it on Halloween, it was amazing, the most perfectly cast show, still speechless. True, it has a few kinks it needs to work out story wise, and there's a few things from the animated film they need to bring back into the show (NOT the gargoyles) but the characterizations, I feel like they softened Frollo a bit, I wanted him to be as sinister as he was in the film, the contrast that was in the film wasn't there, I'm not saying make him 2-detementional, just that his delusion/inability to admit
My review of Disney's
 Oct 27 2014, 08:10:49 PM
Tell me about Out There, I'm dying to know how well Arden did(so perfectly cast)
Is The NEXT TO NORMAL Movie Still Happening?
 Jan 4 2013, 12:40:37 AM
We all know Toni could play Diana, United States of Tara is pretty much her audition for it.

Still I see this role handed on a golden platter to Kate Winslet the very first second it's announced its in production, Kate is gonna have first dibs (but hey, I'd rather it be Kate than Gwyneth Paltrow or Sarah Jessica Parker)

For some reason I think Jennifer Garner could really work as Diana. I could just picture her so so well playing Diana as if I'm recalling it by memory rathe

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Jan 4 2013, 12:02:43 AM
A tie between Annie and Cats
All-Black STEEL MAGNOLIAS Film In The Works
 Oct 6 2012, 02:38:22 AM
Though a tiny part of me is curious to see an all black version of Les Miserables set in 1930-50s Jim Crow south
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You