News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Loopin’theloop

Member Name: Loopin’theloop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anthony Edwards stepped into Role to stop Covid cancellations  May 15 2022, 01:30:43 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Dollypop said: "I'm friends with Rick Domeier who is now a show host on QVC--the home shopping channel In years gone by he did a few roles in some movies and still gets residual checks when they're aired on TV. He had a small role with lines in DIE HARD and I actually saw the check he received for that. It was less than two dollars but he still is getting money from that film."

No need to name drop. Looks ugly. I’ve ref

ALW's Cinderella  May 1 2022, 07:30:55 PM
Nope.

They found out via social media.

Also, a sheet on a call board would also not be ok. In no other industry would it be considered so.

Regardless, what happened here was the cast (and the in coming cast) found out through a press release that most saw on Twitter, hours before reaching the theatre.

ALW's Cinderella  May 1 2022, 05:34:14 PM
And the cast, both playing and the ones booked yo takeover found out via the press.

It’s truly jaw dropping that this man never seems to learn…

Carmen Cuasck in Sweeney at The MUNY  Apr 21 2022, 07:13:14 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "rawrali said: "As someone currently living in StL, I'm excited. I feel like thus far The Muny has stepped up their casting this year. Still a few casts to be announced. I hope they can keep it up."

I think the real test will be their casting for Legally Blonde, which in the TikTok era has gained a lot of recent momentum, and the incredible casting of the Regent Park production in London I would the think the Muny would want to l

Pamela Anderson To Make Broadway Debut In CHICAGO  Apr 13 2022, 06:37:20 PM

ACL2006 said: "How did Anderson do in her title number "Roxie"? And "Me and My Baby"?"

A title song means it contains the title of the show, not the name of a character 

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022  Apr 10 2022, 08:06:59 AM

inception said: "This number didn't impress me much on the 2019 Tonys, & not sure it does now.

I thought the other video of the curtain speech was nice. He seems like a really generous person for someone who is the star of a show. That made me more willing to get a ticket...though I might watch for a discount code.
"

Half rhymes always really baffle me. I just can't see how any lyricist gets any joy from their work of it's so sloppy. I would

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 27 2022, 06:37:42 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "Are people on this board forgetting that Beanie is playing "Fanny Brice" and not Barbra Streisand? She's not supposed to sound like Barbra Streisand.

I haven't listened to any of the leaked and (illegally) recorded audio from the show or even the sitzprobe footage becauseI want to go into this without any notion of what this sounds like until I get to see it for myself live and make up my own mind about it.

"
<

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 27 2022, 05:52:58 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Is it really the original orchestrations? Chris Walker is credited on IBDB.

He may be credited and those are his transitions and bits here and there but I’m very familiar with the original 1964 Broadway score to know the Overture they did last night is the original 1964 Broadway Overture with zero alterations. Even the trumpet riff at the end is identical.
"

That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not been re-orch

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 10 2022, 11:32:46 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Yesssss. Such a damn STAR

Jared Grimes dancing

Looking forward to his tap dance breaks in the middle of “I’m the Greatest Star” and “Who Taught Her Everything She Knows.”

Unless he’s the alternate Fanny Brice, one would very much hope he doesn’t do a tap solo in ‘I’m the Greatest Star’

""

Ykless

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 10 2022, 11:32:44 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Yesssss. Such a damn STAR

Jared Grimes dancing

Looking forward to his tap dance breaks in the middle of “I’m the Greatest Star” and “Who Taught Her Everything She Knows.”

Unless he’s the alternate Fanny Brice, one would very much hope he doesn’t do a tap solo in ‘I’m the Greatest Star’

""

Ykless

Big Names Touring  Mar 22 2022, 07:58:23 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Many of the names listed here would not be considered "big." They would considered "semi-celebrity." These are typically people who can be gotten on the cheaper and side and many of the audience won't know who they are.

Back in the day people became "stars" from the vaudeville houses. Broadway stage and television appearances. They were household names with the talent and chops to back it up. Hit songs came from Broadway

Legends the play  Mar 20 2022, 07:25:31 PM

Yes to the drag queen points. The writing is so bad. You just sitting waiting and waiting for a gag, witty word play, a bitchy zinger and they never come. What it takes is camp and as rightly mentioned in the previous posts, actors who understand how to do camp. It takes someone to pull the words around and simply make them funny because of their tone, or the way they stretch out a vowel, a throw of the head or an audaciously long head pan. Basically, none of what is on the page is good excep

Unnecessary Characters  Mar 14 2022, 05:45:32 PM

TheGingerBreadMan said: "The nanny goat thing in WICKED. She has one line in the opening number and then she's done. I understand that it is an ensemble track played by someone who does multiple other roles, but honestly, those masks are expensive and it's just a waste. Having the Witch's father as the only one there during the birth would be just fine."

The goat midwife is necessary.

She’s important for the world building. It sets up, in the

ALW: Cinderella to transfer summer/fall 2022?  Mar 8 2022, 08:15:17 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Cinderella is public domain. This is not Disneys Cinderella this is ALWs Cinderella. It’s like how Rodgers and Hammerstein have their own Cinderella. Had ALW directly ripped off Disney’s Cinderella I’m sure there would be issues, but he doesn’t. As long as it’s inspired from Grimm Brothers Cinderella, there isn’t really an issue."

To be totally pedantic, it’s actually the Charles Perrault version of Cinde

Will Swenson To Lead A BEAUTIFUL NOISE  Mar 7 2022, 07:12:15 AM

JBroadway said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "But this is kind of a classy team... written by Anthony McCarten (screenwriter of the terrible BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY but also of some good movies), directed by Michael Mayer, choreographed by Steven Hoggett, starring Will Swenson. And that artwork is quite beautiful.

If there's a really good story here, itcouldtranscend the jukebox genre. Or it could be absolute crap put up by overqualified artists a

POTUS starring Vanessa Williams, Julianne Hough, Rachel Dratch & More to Open This Spring  Mar 5 2022, 08:34:17 PM

uncageg said: "Loopin’theloop said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Auggie27 said: "Hang on before buying if the prices and seat locations offend. As good as the cast is, and it's stellar indeed, this will likely be heavily discounted."

This. The ensemble may be talented, but it is not a group of stars that will sell large volumes of full-priced tickets.

Separate from the above comment — who replaced Lucy Liu?

Audience Behavior Cursed Child  Mar 3 2022, 05:34:23 AM

pmensky said: "I once heard that an audience will become comfortable with laughing out loud during a comedy only after a few people start the trend, then the audience becomes comfortable because they feel they have permission to laugh. I wonder if this kind of bad behavior spreads for the same reason."

That’s a really interesting question. 

Certainly ‘permission to laugh’ is a thing. Comedy already works so much better when y

Audience Behavior Cursed Child  Mar 2 2022, 07:15:44 PM
dramamama611 said: "This is something you will see more AT family/kid shows - more people with no theater experience bringing in the family. It has little to do with respect, it has to do with experience (or lack of it)."

These people have a lack of experience being in a public space and having to share with other people? They’ve never left that house?

Your response is utter nonsense. Basic manners and human decency in any person, would mak

POTUS starring Vanessa Williams, Julianne Hough, Rachel Dratch & More to Open This Spring  Mar 2 2022, 07:32:24 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Auggie27 said: "Hang on before buying if the prices and seat locations offend. As good as the cast is, and it's stellar indeed, this will likely be heavily discounted."

This. The ensemble may be talented, but it is not a group of stars that will sell large volumes of full-priced tickets.

Separate from the above comment — who replaced Lucy Liu?
"

Being entirely blunt, it’s also not

Cast your 7 Roses in a hypothetical NYC concert of GYPSY (one Rose per song)  Feb 25 2022, 07:23:52 PM

LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU Andrea McCardle & Daisy Prince 

SOME PEOPLE Sutton Foster 

SMALL WORLD Rachel York

MR. GOLDSTONE Harvey Fierstein

DAINTY JUNE & HER FARM BOYS Megan Hilty, Howard McGillin, Michael Rupert, Douglas Sills, Harry Groener, Alan Campbell, Brian Stokes Mitchell

IF MOMMA WERE MARRIED Idina Menzel & Kristin Chenoweth 

ALL I NEED IS THE GIRL Michael Berresse 
<

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You