News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aprilmom

Member Name: aprilmom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Play That Goes Wrong Rush Tickets
 Aug 8 2018, 07:32:42 PM

Ugh - I was debating between purchasing through TDF and rushing, but now TDF has no availability for tomorrow when I was planning to go.  I can't get in to the city until later in the day so I don't think rush is a good option.  I guess I'll just cross my fingers that TDF puts it back up.

Aug 6 2018, 11:16:00 AM

How early did you get there for those Rush seats?

Aug 5 2018, 04:11:34 PM

I am planning to see the play on Thursday.  I have a TDF membership.  Would I be better off purchasing the tickets on TDF or trying rush?

Which same day seats are easiest to get?
 Aug 1 2018, 09:44:20 PM

TKTS didn't have much that we could agree on so we split up - 2 of us waited on the Hamilton cancellation line; 2 waited for Rush tickets at Hello, Dolly.  Dolly came through first so that's what we saw.  $69 for first mezz with a slightly obstructed view.  We thought that was pretty good considering Bette was playing Dolly in this performance.

Jul 31 2018, 01:16:03 PM

haterobics said: "How many are in the group? That might also rule out lotteries, if you need multiple winners to all get in... although OOTI was pretty good about lottery loser seats in the past for only $10 more."

Four

Jul 31 2018, 01:15:07 PM

IdinaBellFoster said: "aprilmom said: "KFC1991 said: "Carousel is an easy rush. I think it's well worth $40."

One person in the group doesn't want to see Carousel.
"

This person has good taste.
"

LOL 

Jul 31 2018, 11:54:10 AM

KFC1991 said: "Carousel is an easy rush. I think it's well worth $40."

One person in the group doesn't want to see Carousel.

Jul 31 2018, 11:52:23 AM

BroadwayNoob said: "TPTGW had a super easy rush when I went on a saturday - I just popped in right when the BO opened. The seats were $45 and I ended up with phenomenal6th row orchestra seats"

We were planning for a matinee and TPTGW only has an evening show.  I do plan on seeing it before it leaves BW - will probably buy through my TDF membership.

Jul 31 2018, 11:50:13 AM

haterobics said: "Mean Girls has an in-person lottery, as well. Not sure if it's picked up during the summer, but it wasn't too crazy in the spring. Plus the seats are in the front row AND it happens 30 minutes before the OOTI lottery, so you can try both in the same day."

I read on another post that the Mean Girls lottery generated a huge crowd.

Jul 30 2018, 07:48:23 PM

Hi all!  I'm headed to NYC with 3 friends to see a show this Wed..  TDF doesn't have anything great offered for that day.  In your experience, which shows would we be most likely to get rush or lottery seats if we opt for trying that over TKTS? (No desire to see Head Over Heels or Getting the Band Back Together.)

The Official TDF Thread~Come From Away
 Jul 3 2018, 01:24:58 PM

Woo Hoo - I was able to get seats as well.  Hopefully, my daughter will be off from work, but my husband is my backup if not.

WANTED: TODAY $20 HARRY POTTER TICKETS
 Mar 10 2018, 10:31:30 AM

Any idea how long the line is?

BroadwayCon - Too Expensive?
 Jan 27 2018, 09:13:29 AM

Sent you a message.  My daughter is a HUGE fan of Broadway and I love to encourage her passion, but buying 2 tickets for BroadwayCon isn't quite in my budget.

The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 27 2018, 08:58:03 AM

Trying to decide is I should sign up -- have there been many decent offerings lately?  I was a member in the past, but didn't renew my membership since I only made one or two purchases.  Since I work full-time, I can really only see weekend performances.

** Edited - eh, it's only $35 - just renewed.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You