News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ben_Platt_Out

Member Name: Ben_Platt_Out
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite Shows of 2019  Dec 26 2019, 04:48:33 PM
Oklahoma
Broadway’s “Memphis” 10 Years Later...  Oct 19 2019, 09:50:26 PM
I forgot it was nominated against Fela. Fela was something else. I was lucky enough to see that one. Memphis was entertaining.
Is Santino Fontana still out of Tootsie?  Oct 14 2019, 11:50:15 AM
He was on last night. Hilarious show
Saturday Night Fever  Oct 6 2019, 09:38:48 PM
Thanks! I wonder if there will be a revival any time soon. Getting close to the 50th anniversary of the film.
Saturday Night Fever  Oct 6 2019, 09:18:30 PM
Saturday Night Fever is my favorite film and I never had the opportunity to see the Broadway production. I read on Playbill there was an event last night celebrating the twentieth anniversary. How was the Broadway production received ? If you did see it, what were your thoughts?

Also, someone told me the police had to be called one night as the cast got into a brawl with each other backstage. Any truth to this rumor?

Thanks

Sondheim in “Joker”  Oct 6 2019, 05:15:27 PM
I thought it was out of place as well. However, does the majority of that film’s audience know “A Little Night Music”? Wasn’t that song a hit in the 70s on the pop charts? I don’t remember. The film is worth the price of admission for Phoenix’s performance.
Dream Jukebox Musical  Oct 5 2019, 09:14:43 PM
Is it too soon for a holla if you hear me revival?
Opinions about JUDY  Oct 5 2019, 06:42:56 PM
I was fortunate enough to catch Tracie Bennett as Judy in Under the Rainbow. That play was awesome! It was all I needed.
Hugh Jackman in The Music Man  Sep 14 2019, 08:21:13 AM
Thank you telecharge! For not being a hot mess like Ticketmaster. In and out easy with the tickets I wanted. We all knew this was going to be hell on the wallet. If it’s half the production Hello Dolly was, money well spent.
King Kong to close on August 16  Jun 25 2019, 07:24:45 PM
Or a slice of that cake
Music Man and Ticketmaster  Jun 17 2019, 07:55:53 AM
Terrible news if true
Best musical adaptations of movies  Jun 13 2019, 01:44:58 PM
Did anyone see Saturday night fever on Broadway with original cast? How was it?
Best musical adaptations of movies  Jun 13 2019, 01:43:18 PM
Loved kinky boots. Enjoyed rocky as well but the crowd was annoying.
Tony Awards 2020 and go...  Jun 10 2019, 07:45:24 AM
CBS has given you total creative control. Who is your host/hosts? Venue? How do you showcase the performances? How do you give out the awards?
2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 11:29:14 PM
During the in memorandum montage, they showed a young African-American gentleman and the audience applauded. I apologize as I did not catch his name.

Boring Tonys or not, I will always gladly take them. I fear the day they are no longer televised on a major network.

Moulin Rouge changes for Broadway  Jun 4 2019, 08:47:07 PM
They are serving cornbread and chili at intermission
Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 20 2019, 12:57:13 PM
Carousel revival last year
So is it okay for audience members to sing along during musicals?  May 17 2019, 08:00:16 AM
No! I paid to hear the talent on stage only. Made the mistake of seeing a revival of Grease in Houston and left at intermission because the audience was drowning out the talent. I think movie theaters are making things worse by having “sing a long” screenings.
Mrs Doubtfire Musical  May 9 2019, 06:05:12 PM
I just want to know if there will be a drive by fruiting.
Kiss of the Spiderwoman - Madonna?  May 4 2019, 10:43:22 PM
Quick story, when I was in high school back around 92-93 we were in class. We had a very young female teacher and the in class phone rang. She answered and immediately started bawling. She ran out of the classroom and we thought she said “Madonna died”. We were all in shock! Remember around this time Madonna was the hottest act in rock/pop. Vogue just came out. So everyone is sitting there in silence. About five minutes later the teacher comes back composed. We immediately asked her about Madonn
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You