News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for susirene

Member Name: susirene
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Mar 16 2018, 08:16:33 PM

CT2NYC said: "For all of my fellow dress circle row M ticket holders, someone has posted a pic on Instagram. It looks like a great view, and the balcony overhang doesn't look bad at all. I love my $40 ticket!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgZyj-XFG3l/
"

I saw it in London from LITERALLY the last row of the theatre, about a million miles away (though the pitch is so steep there that it felt like if I jumped I'd end up on the stage!), and it was still absolutely magical (pun intended), and everyone in my row was IN IT.  There are no bad seats!

Mar 4 2018, 08:36:17 AM
It seems like something has actually changed in the system in terms of limits/how refunded tickets affect the limits, because my ticket buying went like this:

2/8 (public release day) - purchased pair of tockets for 12/1
2/17 - purchased 4 single seat tix, 3 for 12/6-7, 1 for 12/16 - the better seats for 12/6-7 were the 2nd and 3rd, so I immediately used chat to return the first, thinking I could find another good single seat for 12/16
2/20 - refund goes through, ticket marked a

Mar 4 2018, 12:12:48 AM

Andremthefoozle said: "Hey all, so following a long online chat with a Ticketmaster representative whose advice was to refund a pair of tickets I held to then buy a new pair (which someone said previously here did not allow you to buy more) I was miraculously allowed to purchase a set of tickets tonight to the second pair of performances.

I'm hesitant to return my original pair in case I'm still over the unstated limit of 6, but will call Ticketmaster later this we

Mar 3 2018, 11:20:56 PM

JWo3 said: "Does anyone have more confirmation on this? The only note about ticket limits that I've seen is that their website says you can only buy 6 tickets per TRANSACTION. I originally bought 6 around the time of the presale and then I was able to buy 6 more for a far off date after they opened up regular sales. I tried to buy some more on the same day and the system wouldn't let me... but now I just tried (several weeks after the last attempt and was able to get a few mo

Mar 1 2018, 11:29:41 PM
There is no real way “around” the ticket limit - if you have purchased 6 - EVEN IF you have returned some of them (I am currently embroiled in a neverending email exchange with TM customer service about this and where it is stated in their policies, but it is a Sisyphean task...) - then you cannot purchase tickets under the same name, address, TM account, credit card, etc. I tested it using a different email and credit card (mostly out of curiousity), and no dice.

I don’t see why if yo

Feb 22 2018, 10:24:15 PM

Megsamegatron said: "My guess would be those seat were held back for Tony voters until mid June"

I'm buying tickets all the way out in December (just worked better for my schedule, and no reason to think it won't still be original cast, given usual year long contracts), and there still aren't any aisle seats on the central aisle of orchestra, even at premium prices (when I can find them).

In ticket return and limits news, Ticketmaster respo

Feb 21 2018, 11:04:29 PM

Yeah, I'm happy enough with the two full pairs I have (it gives my mom the option of same day vs consecutive nights, and the seats are essentially identical), but I will be interested to see how Ticketmaster responds to my request for evidence of this "understanding" I supposedly had when returning my ticket...

I will say that the pair I have that is two seats next to each other is ONE seat away from the aisle (thanks a lot, new seating charts...), so if anyone out there reading this has ORCHL Row M seat 33 for 12/1/18 and wants to sit TWO seats closer to center, I'm happy to make that happen day of  

Feb 21 2018, 10:19:43 PM

Nycat63 said: 

I bought six total on two accounts and have returned four so perhaps I may as well stop looking for better seats since it may not let me buy anyway! Since you are returning tickets rather than selling them for profit we won't be mad if you find a work around! They've made us so crazy with this whole process - if you aren't doing anything to profit they ought to cut youa break."

Ooooh, now I really want you to try to buy another ticket to see if it lets you!!!! What's the worst that could happen?  Just another ticket to return

And I'm pretty staunchly opposed to profiting from resold tickets, plus I got to see the London production because someone returned their tickets at the last minute (and some blessed college student studying abroad only wanted one ticket too), so I'm paying it forward!!!  (I was at a conference in Amsterdam, had tried to buy tickets outright, played the Friday Forty, and finally just randomly checked for tickets 3 days before the ONLY day I could make it, and THERE IT WAS.  I think I paid less for the flight to London + hotel + ticket in the VERRRRRY last row of the theatre than I did for ONE of the NYC tickets laugh

Feb 21 2018, 09:57:55 PM

Nycat63 said: 
Since you no longer need a code why not just set up a new TM account using a different email address and maybe credit card. Wouldnt thaf work? It's a public sale now so it seems reasonable and legit"

I actually thought about that, but what really doesn't make sense is that I *did* buy these tickets during the public sale - I was never lucky enough to get an access code.  So this may apply to ALL ticket sales.  (though I have

Feb 21 2018, 09:48:37 PM

I'm afraid I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted to offer some more intel on return policy procedures, since the Ticketmaster and Harry Potter website make it sound so easy...

I have been buying tickets for my mom's birthday.  I'm buying all the way out in December, which means there are actually a fair amount of options, particularly since I've been doing some strategic single seat purchases.  My mom is quite tall and has some issues with restless

Feb 13 2018, 01:27:47 PM

VotePeron said: "susirene said: "Lot666 said: "Fosse76 said: "Lot666 said: "Can someone who has seen this in London explain why it was necessary to remove 400 seats from the orchestra section of the Lyric? From the stage pictures I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any physical aspect of the set that intrudes into the orchestra area."

AGAIN... there IS something that happens in the front orchestra area of th

Feb 13 2018, 11:51:33 AM

Lot666 said: "Fosse76 said: "Lot666 said: "Can someone who has seen this in London explain why it was necessary to remove 400 seats from the orchestra section of the Lyric? From the stage pictures I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any physical aspect of the set that intrudes into the orchestra area."

It's not really a "large" production, and while the main unit set does fill the stage, there is no other major set piece

Feb 12 2018, 04:07:39 PM

Lot666 said: "Can someone who has seen this in London explain why it was necessary to remove 400 seats from the orchestra section of the Lyric? From the stage pictures I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any physical aspect of the set that intrudes into the orchestra area."

Actually... there is.  But.... #keepthesecrets :)

Feb 12 2018, 04:06:51 PM

Danielle49 said: "I'm not familiar with the London system, but I'd assume that there won't even be a resale option for this show. With the ability to return tickets to TM for a full refund, there's no valid reason to allow buyers to resell."

The London system was WAY more hardcore - once you bought tickets, you could not transfer them, and you had to present a valid ID and the credit card you used to buy the tickets to get the physical tickets.  There was a queue day-of the show to pick the tickets up.  No electronic tickets whatsoever.  I'm trying to remember whether or not you also had to show ID to get in the door with the ticket - if anyone else was in London, do you recall?  

So.... as far as I can tell, the American system is pretty soft by just not allowing resale

Feb 8 2018, 02:50:33 PM

Rakstovall said: "Nycat63 said: "This is super helpful. I bought two sets of tickets for two different dates in June and figured I'd wait until March to hear people's opinions, but I'm open to suggestions now - would you rather sit in Orch Row M 22 and 24 (I'm assuming seat 32 or 34 is the far aisle, so these aren't terrible but not great given that they were premium - I've also noticed that seat 26 is $100 less so we are literally the end of premium

Feb 8 2018, 02:26:20 PM

susirene said: "Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations overthe seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this thread late last night),

Feb 8 2018, 01:49:37 PM

Rakstovall said: "I got ORCHR row N, seats 34-36. I know that's the row behind you and the other side of the theater, so it could be completely different, but based on our numbers it would seem to me there is likely seat 33 and 35 on your side, at least in row N. But what do I know?

But, I share the frustrations overthe seating chart transparency, or lack thereof. Forgive me if this has been asked (I combed through this thread late last night), but does anyone know how

Feb 8 2018, 01:29:54 PM

GoRangers321 said: "Will TicketMaster have resale tickets available for this show?"

Since people can actually return their tickets, I am guessing they’ll just pop up as available in the regular search.  Since people can return their tickets, I don’t think a resale section would be allowed, but I’m not sure...

Feb 8 2018, 01:22:16 PM
If you’re wondering why the presales sold out but there are still tickets available, it is because they don’t release every ticket at every price point with every “round” of sales.

I bought today and had the waiting room open on both my phone and my laptop - 2268 on my laptop, 14000-something on my phone, and it ended up being my phone “spot” with which I got my tickets - and there were tons of dates available for December, just not at the lower price points.

I share other peop

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You