News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Alex172005

Member Name: Alex172005
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread
 Apr 24 2021, 06:02:28 PM

JP2 said: "I saw it last night and loved it. I think I'd love it more if I had never seen the show. They're very different. Subplots are missing. Character dynamics have shifted. Storylines are altered, along with the context for a lot of the songs.

I feel like I'll appreciate it more upon second viewing in a large theater.

All of the musical numbers and performances are exceptional, though.
"

I felt the same way. One thing that bugge

Mockingbird Runtime
 Mar 14 2019, 11:12:38 AM

Sorry for this thread but I cant find an answer for this.

I realize that the Mockingbird runtime is officially set at 2 hours and 35 minutes, but in your experience, how long does it normally run? What time can I realistically expect to be out of the theatre for a show that is scheduled to begin at 7 PM?

I know shows tend to start a few minutes late and sometimes run a little late. The reason Im asking is because I bought tickets to Mockingbird on a night that one of my

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 27 2019, 08:44:03 PM
Growing up I was told that if I didnt have anything nice to say, to not say anything at all.

With that said, here are my thoughts on this broadcast so far:

The Greatest Showman Broadway
 Dec 17 2018, 01:57:15 PM
Byron Jennings as Phillip’s father. :P
The Ferryman seating question
 Dec 4 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Thank you both! Just seemed odd. We prefer sitting at least 7 rows back but for $200 less the 4th row sounds great! haha

Thanks again.

The Ferryman seating question
 Dec 4 2018, 10:28:20 AM

Hi, I looked to see if this had been asked but couldn't find anything.

I'm currently looking into buying tickets for The Ferryman in June, and my wife and I typically like to buy premium seats for plays. When I looked at the seating chart, I noticed that there is a large chunk of regularly priced seats boxed in between a bunch of Premium Seats in the Center Orchestra (3rd and 4th rows).

Does anybody know why this is? Is there some sort of obstruction? Sorry

Great Numbers in Mediocre/ Bad Shows
 Dec 4 2018, 09:50:33 AM

"A Musical" from Something Rotten is the first to come to mind. Not sure if anybody's mentioned it. 

Richard Rodgers seating
 Nov 27 2018, 03:46:25 AM

jr88 said: "Not sure where Alex172005 is getting his information, but Rear Mezz Row M is the next to last row. To see the seating chart, go to the url you entered to buy the tickets, and change www.ticketmaster.comxxxxx to www1.ticketmaster.comxxxxx (add a 1 after www) and you'll see the seating chart. Hope this helps."

My apologies, when I checked I hadn’t seen any tickets for that date on sale, and they must have changed the row letters recently because t

Richard Rodgers seating
 Nov 12 2018, 11:59:51 AM

I guess the first obvious question to ask is, where did you buy the tickets? As far as I know, tickets for 6/8 aren't on sale yet, and there is no Rear Mezzanine Row M. If you bought them on stubhub or something like that, they might be fake. Make sure you only get resale tickets on ticketmaster.

What show have you seen the most times?
 Nov 12 2018, 11:51:36 AM

The Book of Mormon 7 times. I'm from a town far from NY (about 2000 miles) and at least 2.5 hours from any town that has a theatre that hosts touring productions, so 7 is actually quite a lot of times for me to see a show. It's difficult to get repeat viewings in for me since my time in NY is so precious, but I fell in love with BoM when I first saw it back in 2011. A couple of the repeat viewings was to take friends.

Best best musical of the decade
 Jun 11 2018, 12:36:26 PM

JudyDenmark said:
3. Hamilton (this is probably the "best" on paper, but I had a bad theatergoing experience the first time I saw it which inevitably soured me on it. It definitely redeemed itself on viewing #2, but the damage had already been done.)

I'm curious to know what soured it for you.

Also, to me it's between Mormon and Hamilton. Loved DEH and TBV and Fun Home also, but Hamilton and Mormon are amongst my all-time favorites. Also c

Band's Visit not worth 9 Tonys
 Jun 11 2018, 12:32:36 PM

So if I'm understanding correctly, it's being argued that TBV didn't deserve its Tony's, but then again neither did any of the other crappy shows this year. That sure, TBV was probably the best show of the year, but Tony voters didn't vote for it for this reason, but because they don't like what Broadway is becoming...but still it was the best show of the year, but didn't deserve the Tony's it got. Am I getting this right?

It's true that the seas

Celebrities not from the show coming out of the Stage Door
 Jun 4 2018, 03:38:45 AM
I don’t stagedoor often, but I have seen a few people walk out.

When I saw Hamilton, George C Wolfe walked out. When I saw Book of Mormon in 2011, Trey Parker walked out. When I saw Lend Me A Tenor, Alan Rickman was actually standing right in front of me for a while waiting to go in to see the cast, then came out about 10 mins later and took a photo with a fan before running off.

Is this too risky?
 May 31 2018, 07:37:15 PM
I always buy ticket insurance to shows that I book for the day I arrive in NY.
Next block of tix
 May 31 2018, 07:35:28 PM
I agree with BalconyClub, but I have received emails about a new block of tickets hours after they’ve gone on sale.

Honestly, I’d say following these boards is your best bet. I found out about a new block for cursed child here and scored tickets before I got the email.

Tony Shalhoub
 May 31 2018, 05:53:00 PM
I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, just a bit bummed, moreso for my wife. She loves Tony Shalhoub and we haven’t seen him on stage since Lend Me A Tenor. I think I’ll feel worse if he gets the Tony.
Tony Shalhoub
 May 31 2018, 05:03:48 PM
Wow, what a bummer. I had no idea about this. I have tickets for next Friday and suddenly I’m a little less excited about the show.
What shows have you walked out on?
 May 31 2018, 04:50:21 PM
While not really a broadway show, off-broadway’s newsical is one of the worst things I’ve ever had to endure.

I was with others so didn’t walk out, but desperately wanted to.

Carousel, Summer or Spongebob?
 May 31 2018, 11:53:22 AM
This was literally my conundrum today. Couldn’t decide what to see. Already had tickets to Cursed Child, Band’s Visit, and Frozen.

I went with SpongeBob, and got great $79 tickets with the discount code available at www.broadwaybox.com

Hamilton
 May 31 2018, 11:48:00 AM
My wife and I have been traveling at least once a year from Texas to NYC for broadway shows for about 14 years now, and we always stay in midtown for a couple of reasons.

1. The obvious reason is that staying in midtown means you’re walking distance to just about every Broadway theatre.

2. There are a lot of subway lines that pass through midtown, so no matter where you need to go, you’re almost always just a few blocks away from a train that can get you there.

3. Espe

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You