News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PhantomOfFleetStreet

Member Name: PhantomOfFleetStreet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How is everyone doing?
 Mar 27 2020, 05:33:51 PM

I'm Autumn, 28, from NJ (Warren County where there aren't too many cases but haven't left my house in a week). Long time reader, but I don't comment much. I'm lucky to have a job where I can work from home (content writer, marketing). I miss Broadway like crazy. I had tickets to Six, Company, Flying Over Sunset, and Assassins. Plus Elton John's farewell tour and Harry Styles. 

Passing time with Seth's concerts, and playing Animal Crossing and Witcher 3.

Seared @ MCC
 Oct 10 2019, 02:09:26 PM
2hrs 15 mins. The set is a working kitchen and they do cook food during the show. It smells like seared salmon and garlic. Also to anybody sitting in the front like I was, you're gonna get a cramp in your neck because the stage is a bit high.

Other than that, this was a great show with fantastic performances. I'm glad I got to see it in such an intimate and unique setting.

Best Broadway.com Vlogger
 Oct 10 2019, 02:01:08 PM
I'll have to check out Jackie's and Laura's vlogs. I've never seen them because I didn't see either show they were in at the time.

Anyway, my favorite that I've seen is Ramin Karimloo's "24601" vlogs. Ramin, Andrew Kober, and Will Swensen chilling on the couch was great.

What performance(s) do you wish there were archive/bootleg footage of that you’ve never been able to find?
 Aug 2 2019, 03:10:22 PM
You asked Hal Prince for a bootleg?

Mine would be the West End American Psycho. Would love to see footage of Matt Smith as Patrick but there's nothing.

Aaron Tveit Stage Door
 Jul 31 2019, 09:53:27 PM
Aaron came out when I saw the show July 6 (a Saturday) but not when I saw it again on July 18 (a Tuesday). Karen was the opposite, she signed the 2nd time I went but not the 1st. Never saw Danny or Tam.
Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jun 28 2019, 11:19:11 PM
The Moulin Rouge Insta is doing a live from the stage door. It's very crowded down a long line but it seems civil at least. Aaron and Karen were signing and taking pics while moving down the line as fast as they could.
Moulin Rouge Previews
 Jun 28 2019, 11:08:34 PM
I agree with Jordan. I loved the show in Boston but still hated the replacement of "Fly Away" with "Firework." It doesn't help that "Firework" is one of my least favorite songs of all time. Guess I just can't relate to plastic bags.
Moulin rouge stage door
 Jun 4 2019, 11:27:09 PM
Aaron Tveit is one of the most popular male Broadway stars right now. I'd say still below Ben Platt (and def Brendan Urie) but on par with Jeremy Jordan, Andrew Rannells, and Gavin Creel in terms of popularity. Also @ArtMan you had a rare experience at a not crowded N2N stage door because I've heard horror stories of Aaron being mobbed by teen girls back then. He's pretty and talented so he's gonna attract the crazies.
Hugging Actors At Stage Door
 Jun 3 2019, 10:58:02 PM
Yeah I feel awkward asking for selfies at the stage door (especially when it's crowded, then I usually won't even bother), let alone asking for a hug. It's always a pleasant surprise when an actor initiates a hug though. I've gotten hugs from Christy Altomare, Karen Olivo, Andrew Rannells, Hugh Dancy, Anthony Boyle, and Damon Daunno. My favorite was Damon who is probably the friendliest actor I've met at a stage door. He greeted every fan like a bff he hasn't seen in a while (it helped that ther
HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 9 2019, 11:48:11 PM
It's B-Roll. Patrick Page talked about it on Instagram today.
HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 8 2019, 10:27:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that to get Epic III back to what it was during the NYTW run, the other Epics have to revert as well which would also mean Orpheus going back to the more confident character he was instead of the child-like, oblivious dope he is now.
Easter Weekend Visit
 Apr 8 2019, 10:19:54 PM
I would definitely reccommend Hadestown and To Kill a Mockingbird from your list. I saw Tootsie and I thought it was really funny but a lot of the songs were drags so if you want to see good musical numbers, you won't find them there. It's not on your list but I highly recommend Oklahoma. Even if you hate Oklahoma (like I did), you would like the latest revivial.
HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 5 2019, 06:08:33 PM
Completely agree with you about Epic III @Ourtime. It's my favorite song on the concept album and the NYTW album but it sounded kind of rambly in the Broadway version. I missed the "Origin of Love" sound the song used to have.
HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 5 2019, 02:00:58 AM
I saw the matinee on Wednesday and like a previous poster on here I wanted to love the show more than I did. I thought this would have been one of my favorite shows ever considering how often I've listened to the NYTW cast recording. I still liked it very much and I think it should win best musical at the Tonys this year, but I can't rave about it like a lot of others have been.

I did think that most of the cast was phenomenal. Patrick Page is perfect as Hades. Menacing yet still charm

Oklahoma! lottery
 Mar 24 2019, 10:43:22 PM
How easy would somebody say this lotto is to win? Do they offter the "lotto loser" codes to everyone who enters or is that kind of a lottery itself? I want to see this show but prices on Telecharge are really expensive.
Selling 1 Ticket to Cursed Child Parts 1&2 Nov 28 SOLD
 Nov 25 2018, 02:53:32 AM

Selling 1 Ticket to Cursed Child Parts 1&2 Nov 28
 Nov 21 2018, 11:57:40 PM
still available!
Selling 1 Ticket to Cursed Child Parts 1&2 Nov 28 Sold
 Nov 17 2018, 02:02:34 PM
Sold
Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Jul 29 2018, 08:32:00 PM
I'd say way better than Mean Girls too in terms of the new movie musical adaptations. I haven't seen Pretty Woman but from what I've read this is getting much better reviews than that one too.
Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Jul 29 2018, 05:58:25 PM
So I saw the show last week and it's one of the best I've ever seen. I'm glad I got to see it in Boston because this is likely going to be one of the most in demand/expensive tickets on Broadway. (Not that I'm not going to see it again once it transfers). I'm probably in the minority here but I liked the stage show better than the movie. Not to say that the stage production didn't have faults but imo there were less than the film has.
Starting off, I did see pictures of the set before I went

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You