News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for azleafcat

Member Name: azleafcat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  May 14 2020, 06:03:58 PM

bear88 said: "I'm as eager as anyone to see it, even if I was more excited about seeing the musical in a theater, but I'm curious about the business angle (and a few other things).

- Disney paid a lot of money for the rights to Hamilton, and there's no way the company will be ableto make a profit on its investment with new Disney+ subscriptions. I was never sure how well it would do as a theatrical release, but now we'll never know what how much mo

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus  Mar 30 2020, 10:33:31 AM
Mean Girls’ stop at the ASU Gammage in Tempe, AZ, originally scheduled for April 21-26, is now postponed to September 1-6.

https://www.asugammage.com/shows-events/mean-girls

Originally, Mean Girls was supposed to stop in Salt Lake City for two weeks in late August. The Salt Lake City stop will now be one week (August 25-30).

https://www.broadway-at-the-eccles.com/events/mean-girls

Guess we will likely see some National Tours shorten some of their 2020-21 tour stops to accommodate the postponements from the 2019-20 tour season.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 24 2020, 10:45:43 PM
Tucson

The Band's Visit
October 14-18, 2020

Hamilton
November 24-December 13, 2020
Subscriber performances: November 24-29 & December 3

Hadestown
January 5-10, 2021

My Fair Lady
February 2-7, 2021

Tootsie
May 4-9, 2021

Pretty Woman: The Musical
May 25-30, 2021

EXTRA SEASON SPECIAL:
Hairspray
March 26-28, 2021

Coming in 2021-22:
Dear Evan Hansen
The Lion King

Frozen beyond Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna)...casting news?  Jan 15 2020, 09:19:28 PM
Laura Nicole Chapman will be replacing Alisha Jackson as the Anna standby after Cassie and Patti’s final performance on Feb 16.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7WZDtkpk7l/?igshid=zxegiu5oqbfs

Frozen Tour  Jan 15 2020, 12:34:06 AM
The souvenir program ($25) available to purchase at the National Tour is different than the Broadway/Playbill.com souvenir program. The National Tour souvenir program depicts the National Tour cast and includes some lyrics (including “I Can’t Lose You”). It’s definitely worth considering, especially if you plan to meet the cast after the show at Stage Door.

Saw it opening weekend at the Pantages thanks to the $25 ticket lottery (which I was initially selected for standby). I had seen

Frozen Tour  Dec 28 2019, 02:04:58 AM
https://tournamentofroses.com/announcing-2020-rose-parade-mid-parade-performance-from-the-north-american-tour-cast-of-disneys-frozen/

A mid parade performance of “For the First Time in Forever” will be performed by the National Tour cast during the 2020 Tournament of Roses Parade on Wednesday, January 1!

Happy 25th birthday to Disney on Broadway  Apr 24 2019, 03:16:20 PM

Although Universal has no involvement in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, according to IBDB, Universal does have a impressive set of producing credits, which includes shows/musicals based on properties they weren’t originally involved in (Mean Girls, Hello Dolly, etc.).  Although I wonder if Universal is as creatively involved as Disney is (I believe Universal only got involved in Wicked because they already had the film rights to the book and decided to invest in the musical adaptation).

https://www.ibdb.com/broadway-organization/universal-pictures-stage-productions-490376/

Happy 25th birthday to Disney on Broadway  Apr 24 2019, 03:01:31 PM
Although Disney Theatrical has lot of properties they can use, it appears that The Princess Bride musical adaptation is still in the works.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/the-princess-bride-broadway-musical-disney-theatrical-productions-david-yazbek-1202583203/

DEH tour understudy  Jan 12 2019, 11:22:08 AM

During the one week stop/engagement in Tempe, Arizona last November, Stephen was listed as Evan for the Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening performances.  

The length of the engagement likely plays a role whether Stephen is on during one of the weekday performances.

Dear Evan Hansen national tour cast  Oct 12 2018, 02:59:36 PM

BwayLB said: "I’m going Saturday January 5th Costa Mesa 2 pm so there will be a guarantee of understudies?"

I’m also going to see it on a Saturday Afternoon, though in Tempe, which only has a one week run, so the performance schedule could be different in Tempe.  

I see that Costa Mesa does have a two week run, so it could be different than the current Denver schedule.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Sep 5 2018, 10:04:21 AM

Still looking to sell a pair of two part tickets for 9/27 (part one) and 9/28 (part two).  Seats are in Orchestra Right, Row W, seats 8 and 10.  Looking to cut my losses and sell them at $500 (for the pair for two part tickets).  PM if interested.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Aug 14 2018, 01:53:01 PM

Looking to sell two seats for September 27/28 (both parts) located in Orchestra Right, Row W. PM if interested.

FROZEN Cast Changes  Jul 31 2018, 12:38:51 AM

James Brown III (King Agnarr/Ensemble) has left the cast to join Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.  His replacement is ensemble member Nicholas Ward (which previously was the understudy for King Agnarr).

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Jul 30 2018, 03:44:25 PM
Sent my fan mail to Caissie Levy in early March before opening. Got a signed Frozen playbill in the mail this weekend.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Jul 1 2018, 08:28:55 PM

mikey2573 said: "What should I do if I want to exchange tickets ? I bought two tickets for Labor Day weekend for myself and my son in row U for about $150 each (x2 shows of course). Now my other son wants to go. I would like to see if I can buy 3 seats together, preferably for at the same price point and maybe closer than row U which I hear the overhang of the Dress Circle obstructs some effects. Should I call the box office? How are they about exchanging tickets?"

I

BANDSTAND! - Fathom Events June 25th-28th  Jun 28 2018, 10:12:42 AM

n2nbaby said: "adamgreer said: "n2nbaby said: "I feel bad for the people using Movie Pass for this. Movie Pass EXPLICITLY say that Fathom Events are no goes (even ones that are cheaper than regular priced movies, like the TCM classic movie series). I know quite a few people who have gotten their accounts canceled because of doing so. "

Then it shouldn’t appear in the app as being available for purchase. That’s their problem, not the

BANDSTAND! - Fathom Events June 25th-28th  Jun 25 2018, 08:49:17 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "I do think it was random forFathom to give the cinematic treatment to this one. It got mixed reviews, didn't run super-long, and only won a Tony for choreography. What is their criteria for selecting Broadway shows to screen?"

Generally, I think it's up to the Broadway show's producers to record the show and make it available to Fathom Events to distribute.  The producers of Bandstand spent $1.8 million to record the show for theatrical presentation, ensuring that the musical could be shown after the show's closing.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marchershberg/2018/04/18/bandstand-swings-to-the-big-screen/2/#5de92cb25fcb

Generally, I don't except to see any current shows on Broadway to do Fathom Events screenings while their runs are on Broadway or on Equity National Tour (Newsies did their recording toward the end of the National Tour).  Off-Broadway shows like Puffs probably have more freedom to do Fathom Events screenings (as there not as likely to tour).

Will probably try to watch Bandstand on Thursday.  

BANDSTAND! - Fathom Events June 25th-28th  Jun 25 2018, 05:16:15 PM
Attempted to check in for Bandstand using Moviepass at my Century Theatre in Tucson. Card was declined for insufficient funds (as MoviePass only loads the regular price, which is less than the Fathom Events price). Attempted to do a split transaction with another card and then cash, no go on either.
FROZEN Replacement Contracts/Scheduled Absences  Jun 21 2018, 10:15:47 PM

Patti Murin will be off during the June 30 - 8 pm performance and the performances on August 20-26.

https://twitter.com/pattimurin/status/1009874042067791874?s=21

FROZEN Replacement Contracts/Scheduled Absences  Jun 20 2018, 09:28:17 AM
I remmber reading that Caissie’s contract is one year, and that she was open to extending. Not sure if the one year term begins from previews or opening.

In terms of this week, Elsa is being covered by understudy Ashley Blanchet during today’s matinee, with standby Alyssa Fox covering the rest of the shows this week.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You