News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Schmuli

Member Name: Schmuli
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over
 Sep 20 2018, 09:08:59 AM
Just curious:
If you are a ballerina in the New York City Ballet and aware of the text messages and photos that these three male dancers allegedly distributed of current/former company ballerinas, would you feel comfortable partnering with them? Would you refuse to partner with them? I ask in the context of the intimacy of ballet partners in many choreographed ballets.

As the “3” named male dance defendants are no longer with the company, I recognize it’s hypothetical questioni

Lindsay Mendez Live at Five
 Aug 18 2018, 08:25:54 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Apparently no one did.

Apparently no one cares what she said.

No one liked this modified revival of CAROUSEL. It’s closing due to this.

Gotta run — my Uber just pulled up. Tootles!
"

Your assertion that “no one” cares what she said or that “no one” liked this revival of Carousel is total rubbish.   While it may not have been up to your standards, the R&am

Carousel Principals' Attendance
 Jun 20 2018, 10:27:00 PM

IdinaBellFoster said: "I was at the one performance Mueller missed. Erica Spyres did a fine job, but how good can you really be in this production?"

I’d say you could be really good... as in Tony Award winner good.  

Carousel Rush
 Jun 13 2018, 12:42:19 AM
Your Question: how did this win any Tony’s?
Answers: 1) Because Lindsay Mendez has a beautiful voice, injected some personality into her character, and is enormously talented. 2) Because Justin Peck’s choreography is creative, visually appealing, and artful.

Lindsay Mendez’s voice a car engine? Jessie Mueller swallows her lines? Renee Fleming cannot act? Jigger, played by Amar R ——> I do not understand a word of what you are criticizing. It’s simply not clear.

Worst sho

OOTI or Carousel?
 May 6 2018, 11:34:02 AM
My vote: Carousel
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 May 1 2018, 09:32:28 AM
Eleven Tony nominations this morning..... i guess your endless negativity held little to no sway to others, like me, who thoroughly enjoyed the revival. Does it mean they’ll win every category? Of course not. Phenomenal R&H score, beautiful and creative choreography from J Peck, top notch Ballet exports from the NYC Ballet including Amar R and Brittany Pollack, emotionally charged singing by Josh Henry, R Fleming, Alex G, and Lindsay M. Yes it’s a period piece and it is not without some
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Apr 7 2018, 12:31:47 AM
Best you’ve got? Very weak
Carousel Rush
 Apr 6 2018, 05:54:29 PM
You know the production sucks without even seeing it? If so, the naysayers have been successful in swaying you. I guarantee 75+% of the audience will be standing and applauding enthusiastically as the final curtain falls. I wonder why?
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Apr 6 2018, 05:48:05 PM
Trashing it without seeing it? Shame on you. I’m angry at myself for wasting my time reading your rubbish.
Carousel
 Apr 6 2018, 12:44:31 PM
I’ve seen Carousel twice. While it’s clearly telling a dark story, it’s bringing the topics of abuse and redemption to the forefront; raising the level of awareness which is a good thing. The R/H piece effectively exposes the horrible effects of child and spousal abuse.

Why does 75-80% of audience stand in ovation? Why do a fair number of adults have tears streaming down their cheeks? I suggest it’s because the show strikes a very emotional cord. While it’s clearly a dated show, a

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Apr 3 2018, 08:29:46 AM
Glad you and your Mom enjoyed show...so did I. I took an elderly person to see it recently and she was thrilled with the show. I do have a different take on some characters. I am not sure what you meant writing Billy “isn’t just some bum”. In my view he is exactly that.... a common thug, a scoundrel, a misguided derelict from the very start of the play with virtually no redeeming qualities. I totally agree that Jigger’s dancing (Amar) is wonderful; he flows effortlessly. His lines are ok,
My Fair Lady or Carousel
 Mar 29 2018, 11:29:18 PM
Carousel:

Positives:
Singing— J Henry / L Mendez fabulous,
Cast— Top shelf, incl J Mueller and R Fleming,
Choreography— Best on Bway by J Peck,
Dancing— Strong ensemble with two NYC Ballet standouts in principal roles of Jigger and Louise,
Orchestration — Wow,
Storyline/Music by Rogers & Hammerstein; spectacular songs including You’ll Never Walk Alone (guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes)

Negatives:
Still in previews and seems to be changing a

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 22 2018, 01:00:32 PM
  • doodlenyc said: " I left out, out of courtesy, what a terrible actor the Louise was. The other dancing actor, Jigger, was only slightly better, but both did dance beautifully.

I asked for your opinion and you responded—-> thank you.  I think your assessment is unnecessarily harsh and not what I experienced.  Peck’s choreography of the beach scene is significantly more beautiful and elegant than in the original Carouselchor

Way to early 2018 Tony Awards predictions!
 Mar 21 2018, 06:16:24 PM
Regarding Carousel, Lindsay Mendez is a clear standout. She connects with audience, magnificent voice, and comedic when role calls for it. J Pecks choreography and the ballerina in the beach scene, who executes the ethereal ballet, should both receive very high accolades.
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 21 2018, 02:58:45 PM
Doodle NYC-
I think your opinion is mostly right on. I think the problem rests almost exclusively with J. Henry. He is an extraordinarily talented singer but his acting is wanting. If he could be coached to attain some likability from the audience, we would see noticeably better posts about the show. I hope the Director sees the need for Billy B to more likable and ultimately be more succeptable to redemption. I totally disagree about Renee Fleming looking “confused” the entire time

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 19 2018, 10:43:20 PM
I think 2 hr 40 mins.
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 17 2018, 10:43:59 PM
I am totally open to opposing points of view. I thought a Grammy award winner/tony award winner and an opera star who sang at Super Bowl and Presidential inaugurations, who have reached the pinnacle of their respective trades qualify them as “bankable”. (I could be wrong w their credentials but I think not). Notwithstanding your contrarian views, I’ll still stand firm on my view. As to Sondheimits request for weed, I suggest he write my brother, a federal narcotics agt based in lower Manhatt
CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 17 2018, 04:24:57 PM
“There aren’t bankable stars in this” You cannot be serious (as John McEnroe once famously yelled). Am I misinterpreting what you wrote?

Your prediction of a quick close is your opinion and I respect it. BUT I hope it’s as misguided as your assertion that Mueller, Henry, and Mendez are less than bankable stars.

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 14 2018, 09:11:41 PM
Jarenthan-
If you are going to disagree, that’s healthy and totally ok...but at least don’t distort/misquote the words used. Who wrote “most loved”? That was you...not me.

The word I used was “favorite” work and the source is Wikipedia. (Whether you consider that source credible or not is up to you). Per Wikipedia: “Richard Rodgers later wrote that Carousel was his FAVORITE of all his musicals.”

Sorry you had the need to aggressively lash out. You remind me of a gu

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 14 2018, 01:59:19 PM
is that the best you can come up with? Tell me where you are performing.... hopefully I can use those words to describe you. (Somehow I think that’ll be very very unlikely....oops, I used “very” 2X. Sorry
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You