News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Hannah Epperson

Member Name: Hannah Epperson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 Mar 13 2018, 10:53:13 AM

Lot666 said: Actually, there's no mention of a fire in the prologue of the original Phantom either.The only time a fire was mentioned was in "That's The Place That You Ruined, You Fool!", which was a very brief exchange between Fleck and Giry near the beginning ofthe original concept recording for Love Never Dies. I don't believe it was ever included in the London production, but if it was, it was very short-lived.LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 Mar 13 2018, 10:27:04 AM

I don't know what fire you're referring to."

Oh, you're totally right, I'm mixing up the prologues from Phantom and Love Never Dies. 

Mar 13 2018, 10:01:56 AM

Lot666 said: "labellaragazza1 said: "I thought she meant she was tormented that she had left [the Phantom] and came back to rectify that, but then he left her while she was sleeping."

I believe that's exactly what is meant.

See, that's what I thought, too--especially in the original version of the song. But why, then, in the Australian version, did she think the Phantom was dead? She must have known he survi

Mar 12 2018, 07:32:51 PM

I've only seen the London version live, but Iheard the lyric changes from the Australian version and I believe the tour kept those, so if you have seen that version, it should be the same.http://www.metrolyrics.com/beneath-a-moonless-sky-australia-lyrics-love-never-dies-australia.html

I assumed that the line "I stole to your side, tormented by my choice"was in reference to leaving with Raoul in the final lair, and then after said moonlessnight thatthey discuss, the Phantom left and at some point faked his death?

I wouldn't think too hard on it. It's a beautiful show, visually, but the book is and always has been a majorweak spot.
"

Ha! Not thinking too hard on it might be the best course of action. I'm finding myself in a bit of a love-hate relationship with this show, honestly. It just seems unfortunate to write in a pretty glaring plot hole when it wasn't even there in the first version of the song. I did initially really like the idea that she thought he was dead just as everyone else did, until I realized that this would profoundly change the significance of the events at the end of POTO. Ah, well. I'll try to let it go.  

Mar 12 2018, 02:15:59 PM
Forgive me if you guys have already discussed this--was anyone else thrown by the changes to the lyrics in Beneath a Moonless Sky? In the London version the Phantom says Christine found him "in that time when the world thought me dead." But in the Australia version, Christine thought he was dead, too, and it's never quite specified WHEN she sought out the Phantom. She does day she was "tormented by [her] choice," but she had already chosen Raoul early on in POTO.

But if she thought he

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You