News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway Fan2

Broadway Fan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway Fan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2019 Tony Award Nominations and Snubs
 Apr 29 2019, 03:19:29 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "It’s way too bad Pretty Women will most likely be shut out. Samantha Barks is so radiant as Vivian and she deserves to be up there with the others."

Agree. Samantha Barks was flawless. So was Stephanie J. Block. IMOHO, both should be nominated. 

The Great
 Apr 29 2019, 03:23:02 AM

Hadestown, Ain’t Too Proud or King Kong will win the Tony

Strong contenders for the other nomination spots: Beetlejuice, The Prom, The Cher Show, Be More Chill and Pretty Woman

Featured Actor in a Musical
 Apr 29 2019, 03:05:48 AM

Andre De Shields - NOMINATED (Win)

Patrick Page - NOMINATED 

Ephraim Sykes - NOMINATED

Jeremy Pope or Corbin Bleu - NOMINATED

Eric Anderson or Jarrod Spector - NOMINATED

Featured Actor in a Play
 Apr 28 2019, 03:08:02 AM

Brandon Uranowitz (Burn This) - NOMINATED - WIN

Bertie Carvel (Ink) - NOMINATED

Gbenga Akinnagbe (To Kill a Mockingbird) - NOMINATED

Tom Glenn-Carney (The Ferryman) - NOMINATED

Benjamin Walker (All My Sons) - NOMINATED

Featured Actress -Musical 2019
 Apr 25 2019, 06:19:45 PM

Amber Gray (Hadestown) NOMINATED - WIN

Stephanie Hsu (Be More Chill) NOMINATED

Orfeh (Pretty Woman) NOMINATED

Leslie Kritzer (Beetlejuice) NOMINATED

Micaela Diamond (The Cher Show) NOMINATED

TOOTSIE Reviews
 Apr 24 2019, 06:18:49 AM

It’s creepy to see all the buzz around this musical given that Dustin Hoffman, who played the main character in the movie Tootsie was accused by several women of sexual assault not long ago. Wonder how his victims feel about it.

Violence in A Bronx Tale
 Apr 23 2019, 01:50:09 PM

Saw the show here in Chicago. I didn't get scared. But hey, I'm from Chicago, we're tough cookies.

What is Andy Karl doing next?
 Apr 16 2019, 11:27:02 PM

NYCblurb said: "What do you imagine AK makes a week in Pretty Woman? "

Hope they're paying him well, because his beautiful smile and talent are worth every penny. 

What is Andy Karl doing next?
 Apr 16 2019, 11:08:50 PM

Oh boy, I would do anything to see him on Broadway right now. Too bad my budget is a little tight and I can't afford to go to New York... Anyway, I loved his voice on the Pretty Woman cast album. So beautiful, romantic and captivating. 

Evan Hansen at TKTS today
 Sep 5 2018, 02:52:34 PM

My girlfriend told me that after Labor Day, the number of theatergoers on Broadway go down tremendously, therefore all the shows see significant drop on their ticket sales. Some shows are greedy and snobby and will prefer to have hundreds of empty seats rather than sell at TKTS. Kudos to the DEH producers for being generous and thoughtful in using this opportunity to give back to the community. That shows they have guts to do what’s right rather than what’s good for their poc

After Bruce, who?
 Aug 28 2018, 09:22:23 PM

SomethingPeculiar said: "Broadway Fan2 said: "Could Bruce change from limited run to a permanent one? Or is that too risky?"

He's basically done that already. His initial run that started last October was 8 weeks, but he kept extending it. Now his final show is scheduled for December 15 (with the filmed version dropping on Netflix that night).

You might say he's BORN TO...extend his limited...RUN.
"

Lol. Oh Bru

After Bruce, who?
 Aug 28 2018, 02:53:39 PM

Could Bruce change from limited run to a permanent one? Or is that too risky?

Goodbye, Dolly
 Aug 27 2018, 07:03:43 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "Broadway Fan2 said: "Any chance Hello, Dolly! will come here to Chicago?"

Oct. 23 - Nov. 17

https://hellodollyonbroadway.com/tour

Yaaaayyyy!!!! Thank you!

Goodbye, Dolly
 Aug 27 2018, 06:48:42 PM

Any chance Hello, Dolly! will come here to Chicago?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/26/18
 Aug 27 2018, 06:37:54 PM

JSquared2 said: "PRETTY WOMAN up $90,000. Looks like it may be critic-proof and have a healthy run."

Nowadays critics have been more wrong than right. We see so many shows dying even after rave reviews. And the opposite is true. I remember reading disgusting bad reviews about Mean Girls and look where they’re now. Saw Pretty Woman here in Chicago and they literally took our city by storm. Never seen anything like it. And I never got why the criti

Audra returning to Broadway...?
 Aug 27 2018, 05:15:20 PM

I hope Audra is back. Please, keep us posted!

Is standing room uncomfortable?
 Aug 23 2018, 05:23:51 PM

OneSingularSensation2 said: "Broadway Fan2 said: "How is the standing room tickets price-wise compared to rush tickets? More expensive? Cheaper? The same?"

My impression is that SRO are generally $5-15 cheaper (e.g., Chicago rush is $39 but standing is $27).
"

Thanks for the info!

Is standing room uncomfortable?
 Aug 22 2018, 06:33:41 PM

How is the standing room tickets price-wise compared to rush tickets? More expensive? Cheaper? The same?

Orfeh... Two different ages?
 Aug 19 2018, 04:42:05 PM

ladypresent said: "Broadway Fan2 said: "51??? She certainly doesn't look a day over 18. Anyway, Orfeh and the entire cast of Pretty Woman was very nice and sweetto all of us here in Chicago. They should get a Tony Award for NICEST CAST! I hope they run Pretty Woman for a long time on Broadway."

a day over 18!?!?!? lol come on now. Lets stop with the hyperbole.

"

I know, right! My aunt always says that to people who don't loo

Orfeh... Two different ages?
 Aug 19 2018, 03:18:37 PM

51??? She certainly doesn't look a day over 18. Anyway, Orfeh and the entire cast of Pretty Woman was very nice and sweet to all of us here in Chicago. They should get a Tony Award for NICEST CAST! I hope they run Pretty Woman for a long time on Broadway.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You