News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Impossible2

Member Name: Impossible2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Everybodys Talking About Jamie transfer?  Mar 28 2021, 08:17:06 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ no reason given for the delay”

I think the delay is..uh..quite obvious
"

Rain?

Preludes - Dave Malloy - Southwark Playhouse - London  Mar 28 2021, 08:10:56 PM

This is getting a live stream concert version from the original Southwark cast in May.

I absolutely loved their interpretation of the show as did Malloy who has written a new song for it that'll be performed at the concert.

https://www.southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/show-whats-on/preludes-in-concert/#schedule

AMY AND THE ORPHANS to be adapted into a Netflix Film  Mar 28 2021, 08:03:15 PM

It had it's problems but I absolutely loved the play. 

I too think it'll work much better on film.

Everybodys Talking About Jamie transfer?  Mar 28 2021, 08:00:14 PM

MarkBearSF said: "Considering that the film has repeatedly been pulled from release with no reason given for the delay, I think the writing's on the wall. It's not gonna' go any further.

I enjoyed it on the West End and I've lived the recording, but a "Billy Elliott as Drag Queen" ain't gonna' go far in the US, when the actual Billy Elliott tour didn't meet expectations. Add in the Northern accents and lingo and its fate isn't brig

ALW's THE BEAUTIFUL GAME  Nov 15 2020, 12:23:47 PM

The only truly great musical ALW ever made. It's a shame the rest of his dross crossed over and this didn't.

Whistle Down the Wind was also excellent x

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 4 2020, 04:43:37 PM

goodlead said: "I thought the original film was better for the first half of the play. Wittier, zingier than in the new version. But I thought the telephone scenes were better in the new one. The original was played at fever pitch and went over the top. This one was quieter, more realistic, and therefore had a greater dramatic impact"

no x

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 3 2020, 08:41:00 PM
The original film is fantastic, this was not good. Watered down to meaningless by the direction. Glad I didn’t bother schlepping over to see the play I’d have been mighty disappointed.
Britain's West End Theatres Reopen in October  Sep 16 2020, 02:25:23 PM

Owen22 said: "Impossible2 said: "Jamie is returning 'in due course', it is not re-opening until everything else re-opens."

Not according to the article. And on the Nimax website you can start booking Jamie for performances beginning November 8th.
"

Nica Burns continues:

“Also returning in due course, when the conditions make it possible, are Everybod

Britain's West End Theatres Reopen in October  Sep 16 2020, 11:33:12 AM

SouthernCakes said: "Sleepless in Seattle seems like a bigger show than Six, no?"

I'd have thought so, but I haven't seen it so I'm not sure.

Superstar definitely is, but it's open air.

Britain's West End Theatres Reopen in October  Sep 16 2020, 11:29:12 AM

HogansHero said: "Impossible2 said: "Like you say, I doubt very muchit'll go ahead either, but I don't see how it is any different to travelling on the tube which 100,000's of people are doing again daily because our PM has all but ordered office workers back to work."

The major difference is that people are only on trains for a few minutes, and can easily move if they are confronted with an uncomfortable situation. Science tells us that time

Britain's West End Theatres Reopen in October  Sep 16 2020, 07:37:23 AM

Owen22 said: "Well, six of them anyway. And only one starting in October. The theatre that house Harry Potter will not reopen until social distancing is done away with. But Everybody's Talking About Jamie will be reopening with social distancing in place.

This makes seven I think as The Mousetrap is reopening this fall as well.

https://www.nimaxtheatres.com/nimax-theatres-to-open-all-six-west-end-theatres-in-sequence-from-october-22nd-2020-with-social-distancing-under-covid-19-secure-government-guidelines/
"

Jamie is returning 'in due course', it is not re-opening until everything else re-opens.

Six is the only 'big' show opening because they can socially distance properly on stage, the rest of the shows will be new 'special performance' pieces probably much like the Bridge Theatre is doing with their Talking Heads performances one would imagine.

Britain's West End Theatres Reopen in October  Sep 16 2020, 07:25:37 AM

blaxx said: "Impossible2 said: "Like you say, I doubt very muchit'll go ahead either, but I don't see how it is any different to travelling on the tube which 100,000's of people are doing again daily because our PM has all but ordered office workers back to work."

Because the people in the tube don't belt directly toeach other's faces without a mask while doing complex choreographies, or do they? Maybe that's what's different?

Britain's West End Theatres Reopen in October  Sep 16 2020, 07:05:05 AM

HogansHero said: "blaxx said: "I feel awful for the performers. Having to choose between their health and safety and their careers/jobs. Russian roulette."

I don't feel that bad yet because I don't think this has a snowball's chance in hell of happening. I used to think my UK theatre friends had their heads screwed on pretty securely, but not any more. Maybe it's Brexit, but whatever it is this pandemic has triggered some sort ofdelusiona

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 10:13:30 AM

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 10:08:07 AM

God...

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 09:56:55 AM

my...

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 09:49:59 AM

Oh...

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 09:49:42 AM

Triple

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 09:49:35 AM

Double

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 30 2020, 09:49:15 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Ah. How...interesting."

The highlight for my friend and I (who also hated it with a passion) was the woman in the front row who was sat reading a book the entire first Act and then in Act 2 she fell asleep with her arms and head on the stage LOLOL

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You