News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fredd3

Member Name: Fredd3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Aug 12 2020, 09:42:46 PM

April does sound more likely.  

Besides unclaimed lottery tickets (will there still be a lottery?  That's another unknown), most cancellation tickets are VIP seats.  That's why they're so good (first 10 rows center section).  And that's also another reason why i hope they don't do away with the cancellation line.  I'm spoiled now having seen it 5 times from fantastic seats.  I couldn't sit in the balcony and enjoy it. 

Aug 12 2020, 07:50:04 AM

Oh, OK. I had heard January.  I hope they don't do away with the cancellation line.

Aug 11 2020, 10:48:36 AM

For some reason nobody has posted on this thread in a while.  How has the cancellation line been lately?

But seriously, i was just wondering if anyone had any opinions or insight on what you think will happen when Broadway opens up again. Do you think that the line will go back to being crazy or if it will still be as slow as it was before the pandemic? Or will they even still have a cancellation line when this thing is over?

One one hand, i imagine the release of the film

Aug 4 2019, 09:22:58 AM

Another kind of question - the VIP cancellation tickets don't become available until after 7:00 for an 8PM show.  I was first in line last time and got my tickets at 7:15.  Does anyone know if there is a policy not to tell the purchaser the seat location prior to buying the tickets when they're being sold that close to showtime.

I've purchased tickets earlier in the day and gotten them to tell me the location, but this time, the ticket agent wouldn't tell me.&

Aug 3 2019, 11:44:57 AM

Starting around 5:00 people started showing up rapidly.  By 6:00 i'm sure there were too many to get in - probably around 20.  Since i was first, i can't tell you how many got in but my wife and i got our tickets about 7:15 - 8th row center orchestra.   I can tell you that t least 10 get in every night.(although there are no guarantees).

In the interest of full discolsure, i should tell you that at around 11:00, i was offered two tickets that i turned down b

Aug 3 2019, 10:41:08 AM

Has the NYC cancellation line died down in the past year?  I was there a couple times in the summer (always on Fridays) last year where i got in line between 9AM and 10AM and there were already 6-8 people on line.  

My wife and i went there yesterday 8/2/19 at 9AM and there was nobody else there! Not even any pros and i always saw one or two of those.  Nobody else showed up until 4:15!  Is this normal now?

I just assumed that being summertime, the line&n

Aug 2 2019, 03:09:55 PM
They will offer a ticket to the first person in line and you always have the option of refusing it in which case it will go to the next person in line and you will keep your spot online. However SRO tickets are very rare so there’s a decent chance you may not get in if you have to get SRO
 Aug 2 2019, 09:44:38 AM
It is 9:45 AM and my wife and I are the only people on the cancellation line. Is anybody coming by? We could use the company
 Jun 30 2019, 08:58:45 AM

Anyone have any experience with the NYC cancellation line on holiday weekends?  thinking about doing it this Friday 7/5/19 and i have a few concerns:

Do you think the line will be longer than usual given the holiday weekend?

Could there be fewer tickets available than usual due to more VIPs attending?

Would there be less of a chance seeing the lead actor as Hamilton and getting the understudy?

Dec 8 2018, 06:36:03 PM

I just walked past about 45 minutes ago and there were 5 people in line.  Great night to go.

August cancellation line anyone??
 Aug 17 2018, 11:33:52 PM

It's under the awning on the other side for most of the day, then between 6:00-6:30, they move the line over to the Marriott side to make room for the ticketholder line.

August cancellation line anyone??
 Aug 11 2018, 06:07:23 PM

I've done the line three times.  The last time was last Friday.  Got there at 10:00 and was 9th in line. Got my ticket at 6:00.  Nobody lined up behind me until around 2:00 so i could have gotten there at 1:30 and been in the same spot.  

Normally i would say if you get there by 2:00, you'll be fine (the three times i've done the line, people who got in line at 2:00-3:00 always got in), however since you're coming from out of town, i would plan

Report - June 17, 2018
 Jul 19 2018, 02:14:49 PM

No problem.  And Askh8177 makes a good point.  I got there at 9:30 and got a 2nd row seat which, IMO, is TOO close.  The best seats come later so you don't want to get your ticket too soon.  It might pay to not get there first thing.  Of course, if you don't care where you sit and just want to get in, then you might as well get there early.  

Report - June 17, 2018
 Jul 19 2018, 12:18:44 PM

I actually did the line last Friday.  I got there around 9:30 but i REALLY didn't have to.  There were 7 people ahead of me and about half of them left by 12:00 as they didn't want to wait any more.  A couple people got tickets and at 2:00, i was the ONLY person in line.  Around 3-4:00 several more people got on line.  I got my ticket at 4:00.  2nd row, no problem.   

Report - June 17, 2018
 Jun 18 2018, 09:56:17 PM

5PM may be a little too late.  I got there one Friday at 2:00 and a couple people who came a while after me got in (don't remember what time) so there's a chance.  If you're local and you feel like walking by to check out the line, you might as well.  You never know. 

BTW, officer Sullivan who is usually there outside keeping order told us Tuesdays and Thursdays have the shortest lines.

Line
 Jun 14 2018, 10:51:15 AM

(Insert Clever Name) said: "Yes, they are 229 and a total rip off IMO"

Oh, so you haven't seen it.  You should play the lottery and see if you can get tickets that way for your own education.

Line
 May 6 2018, 11:05:25 PM

SherrieByTheSea said: "Had tickets to another show but just went by this morning to check out line. At 10am there were only 5 people. I was kicking myself so much. I had thought line would be so long that there wouldn't be any use to even try."

It really can change from day to day.  I've knew someone who was walking by at 6:30 one evening and saw nobody on line.  He was able to walk right up and get a cancellation ticket.  Other days you have t

Line
 Apr 26 2018, 06:00:16 PM

(Insert Clever Name) said: "I got cancelation seats in row a mezzcenter, so notnecessarily"

Front mezz or rear?  Front mezz row A would be excellent seats.  You get a nice view of everything but still pretty close.  But you're right.  There's no guarantee.  Bust most of them will be in the center orchestra.

Line
 Apr 26 2018, 04:56:23 PM

MadsonMelo said: "Those are mezz seats, right?

Thanks, I'll take an entire day to dedicate to Hamilton!
"

They're house seats so they're most likely going to be center orchestra in the first 12-13 rows.  

We got 6th row center - fantastic seats.  No guarantees but it's a small theater so you should be fine wherever.

Line
 Apr 26 2018, 03:57:15 PM

MadsonMelo said: "Basically all the tickets of the cancellation line costs around U$229?

Also, I will be going to try this in October, like middle of the month, do you guys think it will be better or worse to get tickets?
"

Yes $229.  I would think october would be a good time as the weather should be cooler and the kids will be back in school so that may keep a lot of people away.  Just get there as early as possible and be prepared to sit there

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You