News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EleanorC

Member Name: EleanorC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Barks 2019 Date?  Jan 8 2019, 09:18:22 PM

Hi, I would like to attend Broadway Barks this year but as I don't live in the USA I need to plan a little further ahead! I am planning an East Coast holiday but would be nice to coincide the two. Does anyone have any info as to which Saturday in July it will be this year?

King and I Cast Schedule?  Sep 3 2018, 01:08:10 PM

I saw the King and I last month and loved it having missed it in NYC. I saw Naoko Mori as Lady Thiang and I would love to see Ruthie Ann Miles in the role as well. I thought Naoko was wonderful just would also like to see Ruthie!

I heard there was a provisional schedule as to how they were going to share the role- does anyone here know any more to about this?

Elaine Paige on Sunday- Bernadette Peters, Renee Fleming Interview  Aug 22 2018, 03:32:13 PM

Bump

Elaine Paige on Sunday- Bernadette Peters, Renee Fleming Interview  Aug 21 2018, 07:31:11 PM

Phantom of London said: "Can you get BBC iPlayer in the US.

I download it in the UK and listen to it here in the UK on my commute. Both those interviews were cracking.
"

I am in the UK, unfortunately it has expired on BBC iplayer and cannot find it anywhere! I adore both ladies and sounds like great interviews especially given Elaine and Bernadette's past doing Follies together. 

Can you remember any particular bits from the interview?

Elaine Paige on Sunday- Bernadette Peters, Renee Fleming Interview  Aug 21 2018, 05:40:52 PM

I just read that Elaine Paige interviewed Bernadette Peters, Renee Fleming & Chita Rivera on her radio programme broadcast 8th July 2018, unfortunately I have missed it on BBC Iplayer.

Any chance anyone saved it? Would be very grateful to anyone who has it!

Ruthie Ann Miles return to K&I in London  Aug 5 2018, 08:58:02 PM
I see and respect that and is most probably the case, maybe just wish that they would make it clearer on the night as to who is performing (a little more than a couple of easily missed signs and uninformed theatre staff)?
Ruthie Ann Miles return to K&I in London  Aug 5 2018, 05:22:35 PM

dbird said: "EleanorC said: "Saw the lovely show this evening, I have never seen Ruthie before but I am pretty sure she wasn't in for the performance (Sat PM), not sure about the matinee. Maybe this is too do with it being a shared role, 2 show dayor a lighter performance schedule to begin with?

I met Kelli and Ken stage doored.
"

You saw Naoko. I was there last night as well. The Palladium did have at least two signs announcing her (one at

Ruthie Ann Miles return to K&I in London  Aug 4 2018, 10:52:59 PM

Saw the lovely show this evening, I have never seen Ruthie before but I am pretty sure she wasn't in for the performance (Sat PM), not sure about the matinee. Maybe this is too do with it being a shared role, 2 show day or a lighter performance schedule to begin with?

I met Kelli and Ken stage doored.

Bernadette Hello Dolly Magnet  Jul 17 2018, 11:18:40 PM

taylortrensch said: "To make a long story short - I saw Dolly with Bernadette earlier this month as my 1st Broadway showand forgot to buy a magnet while I was there. I am no longer able to buy one (out of the USA now) and can't seem to find one online. If anyone has a Bernadette Dolly magnet or one that just says Hello, Dolly! - I'd be happy to buy it off of you!

Thanks.
"

Which country would you need it shipped to?

Seeing the sho

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Jul 14 2018, 04:58:04 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "Ask and ye shall receive. Appears to be full episode. So fast forward if you’re only interested in Bernadette (although I enjoyed the Liv Tyler segment too):

https://youtu.be/K1FQPSOjLWo
"

Thanks for posting!

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread  Jul 13 2018, 10:57:44 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "FYI - Bernadette is on Kelly & Ryan this morning."

I tried to watch but they had the Trump/May press conference which ran until around 9.40, then they showed a food segment and a contest on Kelly, then the schedule moved onto the next programme?

Do you think they will show the interviews tomorrow or did I miss it?

Theatre Going Partners: HELLO DOLLY and KATE  Jul 1 2018, 04:26:38 PM

Will be at Dolly on the 15th! 

Hello, Dolly! Rave/Funny moment  Jun 19 2018, 07:49:23 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "At the stage door it was the topic of conversation and spoke to DHP, Kate Baldwin and Gavin Creel about it- they said they were loosing it laughing in the wings!

Kate and Gavin are still on stage and in the curtained booth during all this. Taylor Trensch stated in an interview that there is no hidden exit in that booth so they have to stay in there during the entire time (playing cards, he mentioned). Only the other booth with DHP and Simard h

Hello, Dolly! Rave/Funny moment  Jun 19 2018, 06:35:01 PM

I love Hello Dolly!- probably my favourite of all musicals....and the little things which don't go to plan make a performance ever so special.

I saw Bette in late December, she was great...the dinner scene didn't quite go to plan as the chicken leg flew out of her hand, she lost it and was totally corpsing, as did DHP shortly after. She tried to get going again but muddled where she was while laughing, but DHP helped her in the end!- will never forget her convers

Hillary Clinton Broadway Fundraiser  Jun 3 2018, 03:02:54 PM

Purely asking from a broadway perspective, not political! I am not a USA citizen and don't live in the states.

I just saw the set list and looked interesting with many broadway performers- I just can't find it anywhere to watch!

Hillary Clinton Broadway Fundraiser  Jun 3 2018, 09:10:59 AM

Hi, does anyone know where this might be available to watch? I believe it was live streamed? Many Thanks.

Anyone know the REAL reason Hello Dolly refused to perform at the TONYS?  May 23 2018, 07:53:54 PM

RicardoMagon said: "I only ask because I want to take my Mom to the touring show and when I asked if she wanted to go, she said " well show me some clips". And I couldn't because they didn't perform on the tonys. I don't want to rant but it really irked me that they gave such a lame ( and obviously lying) excuse for why they chose not to perform.

We didn't have enough money to see the show on broadway with Bette Midler. Speaking as someone who comes from a poor family, this show really put a bad taste in my mouth with how it marketeditself. This show is the very definition of snobby Broadway elite. Asking people to pay that much to see Bette Midler.

It's not just this show of course but it seems like Broadway is becoming just for the very rich now. To be frank, this is why I don't feel bad about watching bootlegs. The prices of shows now....my family just can't keep up financially. The 3 times I saw Hamilton, 2 of those times I was lucky to go with a friend who had an extra ticket and the other was a school trip.

If I'm not mistaken David Hyde Pierce did perform from the company of Hello Dolly at the 2017 Tony awards?

He sand Penny in my pocket, https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/animals/see-david-hyde-pierces-rousing-performance-at-the-71st-annual-tony-awards/vp-BBCxc8x

"

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  May 19 2018, 05:10:33 PM
Too kind??- there will only ever be the original Dollypop!

Here’s hoping the production lives on in London, will be so sad when it finishes in the US!

Bette Midler in HELLO, DOLLY coming to London in 2019?  May 18 2018, 06:57:52 PM

Dollypop said: "Does British Airways give frequent flyer miles?"

Yes, both Avios points and BA Executive club tier points! If you need any other info, I know a lot about their reward system and predominately fly with British Airways. 

I also share your love of Hello Dolly :), have been reading the other thread for a while and crossing the pond to see BM once more and BP in her final performance!

playbills for sale  Apr 24 2018, 10:27:34 AM

Sent you a PM!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You