News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Maggie05

Member Name: Maggie05
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Studying up before The Ferryman
 Apr 6 2019, 12:23:43 PM

I knew quite a bit about the Troubles, having traveled to Dublin and learning about the "Easter Uprising" and then traveling to Northern Ireland and Derry. I felt that prior knowledge did enrich my understanding of the play, but I'm sure it wasn't necessary.

And either way, that play was fantastic. I saw it weeks ago, and I am still talking about it with my husband.

Opening and Closing Nights Question
 Apr 5 2019, 08:34:54 PM

zainmax said: "Maggie05 said: "magictodo123 said: "Someone at the theater near the final stage door was saying that it was their first time seeing show. I agree--the final show is usually a way for the fans to show their love and appreciation for the cast, and that usually comes in the form of extended applause, a bit over the top reactions to moments in the show. Definitely not the first show for an out of towner to go to, since they won't have the normal audie

Opening and Closing Nights Question
 Apr 5 2019, 04:19:31 PM

magictodo123 said: "Someone at the theater near the final stage door was saying that it was their first time seeing show. I agree--the final show is usually a way for the fans to show their love and appreciation for the cast, and that usually comes in the form of extended applause, a bit over the top reactions to moments in the show. Definitely not the first show for an out of towner to go to, since they won't have the normal audience reactions. I understand you want to show supp

KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing
 Apr 5 2019, 04:06:15 PM

I have front row tickets to Saturday Night's show, and rear mezz tickets to Sunday's show. This will be the greatest weekend of all time. I am so happy.  

Sara Bareilles Instagram Rant
 Jan 16 2019, 07:43:11 AM

Every time someone records a show, it is a total distraction to the people behind them. Each person has paid money to see and enjoy the full experience of immersing them selves in a Broadway show. The light from the phone recording distracts the eye and mind from what is happening on stage. 

Theaters need to come together and solve this problem, because at almost every show I have been to this year (probably about 20) someone in front or next to me has taken out their phone, and c

Which flight has the better chance of making it to theatre on time
 Jan 9 2019, 08:30:12 PM

I think that you may not make it to the theater. Keep in mind that March 17th is St. Patrick's Day. This is a very crowded day in NYC, and there can be tons of traffic and people. Its also hard to get taxis and buses will be full of people, some of them drunk. There is a lot that can go wrong. I wouldn't risk it. 

Mean Girls lottery question
 May 11 2018, 10:05:59 PM

I haven't won Mean Girls, but I have won Kinky Boots. My friend used the code to purchase the tickets, and then we went to the show. They never checked anything. I think he printed the tickets at his house before we went. It was no problem. 

Agent complains: Minorities are 'putting talented white performers out of work ... and it stinks'
 May 8 2018, 07:35:10 PM

Elegance101 said: "Dave28282 said: "GeorgeandDot said: "that the very second a PoC is cast, everyone assumes that it was because of the color of their skin. Maybe they were just the best person for the role."

It is so out of balance that it's very obvious nowadays."

Here's something GeorgeandDot said recently that you need to hear: to the majority, equality feels like inequality (I may have paraphrased).

What Else Should We See?
 May 7 2018, 07:38:23 PM

I think Spongebob is a great show for a family with a 13 year old. 

I actually have a thirteen year old daughter who has seen both The Band's Visit and Spongebob. She really loved Spongebob and did not enjoy the Band's Visit.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You