News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WashedAwayADreamOfU

WashedAwayADreamOfU Profile Photo
Member Name: WashedAwayADreamOfU
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

First Cast Album
 Dec 10 2018, 03:50:59 PM

Definitely Phantom, back in the 80's. We listened to those CDs over and over and over. Later in the 90's, A Chorus Line (after seeing a high school production) and My Fair Lady (after seeing the movie)

Best Musical Soundtracks ?
 Dec 10 2018, 03:41:24 PM

Come From Away is particularly good for a new-to-you show because you can really follow the story from the songs and the included dialogue. Plus, it's awesome AF. Unless you're driving, in which case I hope you can drive and cry at the same time.

wink

Wicked

Hamilton

A Chorus Line

And for movie soun

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Reviews
 May 25 2018, 08:59:19 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "I really love that cool vibe Lauren Ambrose has in her interviews."

And that deep speaking voice goes right through my soul, in all the best ways. 

Can't wait for my CD to arrive!

Broadway Records to release MY FAIR LADY cast album
 May 25 2018, 08:44:24 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "I think we passionate musical nerds just want you to experience the original cast recording AND the movie some time in your life. We love to share our joys."

Yup. This is it, right here. We're all just excited. :)

May 25 2018, 02:41:13 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "By the way, I’ve never seen “My Fair Lady” (the movie), and probably won’t before I attend the performance at the Lincoln Center. Just like I never watched the movies for “The Lion King”, “Phantom of the Opera”, “Dirty Dancing”, “The Bridges of Madison County”, “Cabaret”, “The School of Rock”, and “Waitress” before I saw those shows."

Awww, sna

May 25 2018, 12:45:19 PM

I placed my order on BR's site. They were very good about handling the error where I accidentally ordered 12 copies. This is the first time I have dealt with them, and it's been great so far. If the disc comes a week early, I ain't complaining.

Re the comment about not needing a new recording of MFL to love the music:  That's true. The Harrison/Andrews records are divine. But it's also nice to hear a new approach and to support the current productions. I can't go to NY to see the show at this time, but I can at least buy the album. (I will do the same for Carousel when it's released in July.) 

Unpopular Opinions
 May 24 2018, 04:25:50 PM

Possible that this is a commonly-held opinion, but:

I adore Sierra Boggess and pretty much everything she's done. But per her live album, which I recently streamed for the first time, I have to say I don't think she's as good an opera singer as she believes she is. indecision

May 24 2018, 04:02:49 PM

Kudos to BR's customer service. They replied quickly and canceled the oversized order. wink

I am really looking forward to this album. 

May 24 2018, 03:49:01 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I totally empathize and think that sucks, but I also laughed hysterically at your misfortune."

LOL you should. It was a stupid mistake. 

The $12.99 is the same price as amazon. When the numbers are close like that I prefer to order direct. 

May 24 2018, 03:12:47 PM

I just placed an order on BR's website, and it somehow ended up ordering 12 instead of 1 copy. (I blame my address autofill) 

I noticed it right when I hit submit. Uggggh! Hopefully someone reads the emails to the "contact us" screen or the private messages on the FB page. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You