News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lg48432

Member Name: Lg48432
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Boys in the Band Stagedoor
 Jul 29 2018, 12:48:55 AM

amoni said: "Saw the show on the 4th of July matinee, no evening show scheduled. Walked out of the box office after picking up tickets to see a white SUV coming into the alley. It was Parsons. There were three, I repeat 3 people standing there waiting for him, one was a pro (you know what I mean, has the bag full of 8 x 10's) the other two were together and had the show's windowcard. The couple were ultra polite, "Excuse me Mr.Parsons.... Parsons walked straight to the s

Jul 28 2018, 05:46:34 AM
Agreed, my photo with Charlie Carver was very good ( it was photobombed by 2 older ladies - literally waving at the camera but Carver knows how to take selfies and is really sweet) when I asked, he was like - here, it’ll be better if I take it and out of all the photos , other than the photo I had taken outside the barricade so a friend took it. He joked that yeah, selfies are better that way and it’s a good idea ... until I drop someone’s phone. He was really sweet. But, this was back on June 5th - early in the production. I didn’t think but I should have had Joe Mantello sign my playbill because during the midnight showing, he flew in from LA to see it and he was sitting behind me.

But, it has been a pretty obvious change of energy at the stage door with the actors. The ones I mentioned that basically always find out still take their time and will talk to you , etc. The others if they come out move down the barridcade very efficiently. I think they still sign all the Playbills or whatever when it’s in front of them but they’ve obviously got the stage door “how to do this quickly, efficiently and also smile and say thanks one million times”

But, if anyone has seen photographs on Instagram : you can notice the difference in how many actors are coming out.

Also, just my opinion on Parsons , he was my favorite before I saw the play. I slightly disagree and I think Quinto is amazing but I do agree that the connection with Parsons character was weaker than expected. But back to Parsons, I’ve broken my foot exactly how he did and he broke his foot 2 months ago. If anyone saw his latest interview on Jimmy Fallon, he kind of dances up and actually does a little kick with that foot. Yes, I know he is on it on stage in special shoes but I would honestly expect him to be back at the stage door by now. Or at the least to walk by and say hi. I do know, yes : stage dooring is not part of the role in acting on Broadway and Parsons has some very Uhm “intense” fans and I’ve heard most people that mention him also mention Sheldon and I’ve seen an incident where he’s been called that at the play and of course during interviews- I normally hear someone in the audience scream Bazinga or Sheldon so I can understand him not wanting to come out on such an important groundbreaking personal play and have another role he’s played thrown in his face. I just do wish he would at least say hi but that’s just my thoughts. I understand why it’s probably just much easier to leave after the play and wind down without all the energy at the stage door because he still has a lot of fans at the stage door but now quite as many as before.

The amount of people at the stage door is also a bit less ( I think ) from when the play was just starting.

But yes, I also notice many people who haven’t seen the stage just waiting at the stage door ... BEFORE the barricade is even put up. And even after, I’ve heard people admit that they bought the playbill from eBay but haven’t seen the play.

I stage doored only on June 5 but I’ve seen posts on IG and from what I saw on the night of the midnight show and from what the guard said to me while I was waiting for my cab really made me mad and sad that some crazed fans have cost other people the opportunity to meet some of the cast. I’ve grateful to have said hi and have pictures with everyone except Parsons but it’s not very common anyone that everyone comes out. I expected everyone to come out quickly after the special midnight performance but if I had stage doored that night, I would have been disappointed to see Matt just run by , Andrew laughing and talking to a group of people right next to the barricade and then just sign quickly and leave. Quinto just waved and stood right outside the barricade but talking to someone 15 or minutes and leave without saying bye to the fans again. The atmosphere has just changed a lot from 2 months ago.

Jul 27 2018, 10:29:37 AM
Back in June I was lucky enough that all the guys except parsons came out. I went to a Tuesday night. Today was very very different. First off, Parsons foot should be healed enough to stage door right? The first thing the guard said was I don’t know who will come out. Jim is a given to not. He might not be coming out regularly for the rest of the run.

Note * I didn’t actually stand at the barricade but I was standing way behind it waiting for a friend and then a car to go back to JFK so

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 29 2018, 01:52:54 PM

Moriah3 said: "About two weeks. I wrote Andrew Rannells as well still haven’t heard back from him. "

Have you heard back from Andrew Rannells yet? I still haven’t heard back from Jim Parsons

Boys in Band Autographs
 Jun 8 2018, 10:36:40 PM

haterobics said: "Lg48432 said: "he seemed extremely UNDERwhelmedthough - like- he’s just waiting to finish signing and go home which I don’t blame. "

Why would he be overwhelmed?
"

i never would assume he would be overwhelmed but despite the irony of how being underwhelmed see

s to also result in a low energy of emotions ( Spock ) and since I hate typecasting actors , that’s not what I wanted /how t

Boys in Band Autographs
 Jun 7 2018, 03:28:04 AM
I was there yesterday and Quintosigned but no selfies. He even said hi to one of my friends via a video I was taking - he seemed extremely UNDERwhelmes though - like- he’s just waiting to finish signing and go home which I don’t blame. He was the least energetic out of all 8 that came out but still polite and nice. Rannalls went fast to make it through but he would stop and take selfies. Carver was so sweet. He’s smart and he actually took my phone to take the selfie of us bc it turns out better
Boys In the Band - Seeking Seat Recommendation
 Jun 6 2018, 06:19:07 PM

I sat in center mezz row C and it aaa great. I scored incredibly priced tickets for center orchestra E tonight and I couldn’t turn down that price for that seat so... I’m going again. I’m curious of what the change in view will be.  

Looking for tickets
 Jun 6 2018, 11:55:53 AM
Hey y’all,

I’m looking for tickets for the evening performance of boys in the band for tonight ( it was killer and I want to catch IG again before I leave town but the 3 or 4 is tickets available online are incredibly expensive )

Does anyone have any tickets they were wsntjng to sell for tonight 6/6?

Thanks!!!

When should you arrive at a theatre?
 Jun 5 2018, 04:43:47 PM
I’m seeing boys in the band tonight. I know the show starts at 7, doors open at 6:30 but I’ve seen pictures of long lines. The show is sold out for tonight so everyone will get to their seat so I’m wondering what the rush is to be first in line to sit down...similar to boarding a plane first. The show will start, you’re in line- you aren’t late: is there any advantage to showing up early? Do people start lining up an hour early? This is my first broadway show - sorry for the questions.
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 2 2018, 09:40:12 PM
I wrote a letter and sent a photo and sase for Jim parsons back at the start of May and I haven’t heard back as of yet.
Stage Door After Parsons injury
 May 28 2018, 11:29:01 AM
Does anyone know if he’s come and signed at the stage door after shows since he broke his foot? I also noticed a lot of recent photos taken at curtain call he wasn’t wearing his boot?
THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
 May 28 2018, 11:26:22 AM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Thisis turning into The Boys On The Boards."

sorry! The credit for that great and ironic phrase belongs to ^ ( not me, I only wish I were so creative haha

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews
 May 28 2018, 11:24:50 AM

“boys on the board”

Love it lol

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You