News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kungaloosh1937

Kungaloosh1937 Profile Photo
Member Name: Kungaloosh1937
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Fugobi Broadway 3-D  Jul 31 2009, 07:57:53 PM
Ok, apparently you all don't understand the concept of filming in 3D.

It is being done for depth. Not for cheap 3D tricks. ANYTHING would benefit from 3D. "Up" was a good example. Nothing in that movie screamed 3D, it was done in 3D (as will all future Pixar films) because it gives the illusion of depth. Jim Cameron's upcoming live action "Avatar" was developed under the same concept.

It does NOT matter what musical it is. They're going to go with the ones the producers agree t

re: Rhondi Reed in August today  Jun 29 2009, 04:05:24 AM
IMO, it's ALWAYS been Barbra's story. While Vi instigates many of the events, it is Barb who both holds the family together and ultimately tears them apart.

The entire arc of the story is that Barb turns into Vi, and right before she completely makes said transformation, realizes what she's about to do and leaves. Vi is basically the same person at the beginning and end of the play. Barb is not. She has a complete arc, and when you see her turning into Violet, it's horrifying.

re: One last visit to OSAGE COUNTY  Jun 27 2009, 04:24:02 AM
re: RippedMan

Um... there was NO Barbara before Amy Morton. She originated the role at Steppenwolf, on Broadway and on the West End.

You may be thinking of Johanna Day, who while decent, hadn't the ferocity that Barbara needed.

re: The Greatest Musical Actor of This Generation - Qualifiers  Apr 30 2009, 02:40:00 AM
Raul Esparza - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Gavin Creel- 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Brian D'Arcy James - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Norbert Leo Butz - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Michael Cerveris - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Alan Cumming - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Hunter Foster- 3
Roger Bart - 1
Anthony Rapp - 1
Matthew Broderick - 1
Christian Borle- 1
Ted Keegan - 1
Paulo Szot - 1
Eddie Korbich - 1
Marc Kudisch- 2
Hugh Jackman- 2
Neil Patrick Harris- 1
John Gallagher Jr.-1
Michael Arden-1

re: Scarlett Strallen will be Broadway's next Poppins  Sep 16 2008, 03:09:38 PM
You're angry that an American actor wasn't used?

Would you prefer another two years of Ashley Brown's wretched English accent?

Why exactly would that make you angry? Equity has rules about things like this, so generally that means an American has a job in London because of it. Have you been angry that Gavin Lee has not only been over here for over two years but is also doing the tour?

Do you think that the english are up in arms over the entirely American cast of Augus

re: Little Charles's Song (AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY)  Aug 29 2008, 03:37:09 AM
It's in the script in that they mention that Little Charles plays and sings a song. What song is not mentioned. No lyrics, no music.

Guess it's director's choice. Odd...

I'd recommend they go with what Shapiro chose.

re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!  Jun 24 2008, 02:04:04 AM
Heather Hach is getting on my last nerve. She's snarky and completely off base with just about all of her comments.

It doesn't help that I've always thought that the book for LB is the absolute weakest thing about the show. The music's lyrics are genuinely funny, but very VERY little of the book is. Hach is a hack. I think that the reason O'Keefe's Bat Boy was so good was that the book was as witty as the music. Blonde just doesn't hold up in the script department.

As for Emma.

Tony Awards: Any fun drinking games?  Jun 11 2008, 07:40:18 PM
Anyone got any fun drinking games for Tony night?

Rules can either be generic to the awards, or specific for this year.

Post your complete list, or just contribute a rule or two so everyone can pick and choose.

Is Sweeney Todd at the Fox in Atlanta this month??  May 11 2008, 01:47:08 AM
So this is kind of weird. The Sweeney tour website and Ticketmaster both claim to have the national touring company of Sweeney Todd touring through to the Fabulous Fox in Atlanta later this month... however, the theatre's website doesn't have it on their calendar or online ticketing until NOVEMBER.

Now come November we all know the tour will be non-Equity - and having just seen it in Tampa, I want to see it again with the Equity cast and Judy Kaye.

Does anyone know if its still

How many Wicked fans do you know who are actually like this...  May 1 2008, 12:22:58 AM
A sketch comedy group out of Orlando, FL is doing a show at the Orlando Fringe Festival, and they showed this sketch during the Fringe Preview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nE7Gx9fBQdI

A very funny take on obsessed Wicked fans... with Katie Hammond and James Keaton of "The Executives"

re: 'You May Now Worship Me' - 3/31/08  Apr 5 2008, 02:54:10 AM
Did anyone else notice that the video from Broadway.com has been edited since it was originally posted?

All of the references to, and songs of Mr. Rogers have been cut.

Has Amy Morton announced a departure date from August yet?  Apr 4 2008, 07:23:10 PM
Anyone know when Amy Morton is leaving August to go back to Steppenwolf? I'd love to try and catch her again - and hope the Tony goes to her... although Deanna Dunagan is also extremely deserving.

I was thinking today about possible replacements... what about Laurie Metcalf? She's Steppenwolf as well, and seems to have the same sensibilities.

Can you pick up TDF tix before 30 minutes prior to curtain?  Apr 1 2008, 02:12:47 PM
I just joined TDF and have tix for November today - but I was wondering if it was possible to pick up tickets earlier in the day, as opposed to 30 minutes beforehand.

Anyone know?

re: 'You May Now Worship Me' - 3/31/08  Apr 1 2008, 01:06:20 PM
It was the Spring Awakening set with a few extra props and pictures on the wall.

The house was packed, and lots and lots of Broadway names. Was a couple seats over from Ashley Brown. Lots of Mermaid folks all around, Rosie O'Donnell, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and many more. A very exciting night and Sherie got a well-deserved extended standing ovation at the end.

re: 'You May Now Worship Me' - 3/31/08  Apr 1 2008, 12:46:12 PM
It was so polished, and clearly workshopped for a while - I would be VERY surprised if it was only done this once.

It's a stand alone show, truly. I know I would have enjoyed it even if I wasn't familiar with her work.

re: So I really liked The Little Mermaid...  Apr 1 2008, 12:38:57 PM
Thank god SOMEONE finally said it.

He has a gorgeous voice and body, but dear lord, he truly did the worst line readings I've ever heard from just about anyone on a Broadway stage. It astonishes me just how stilted and fake he sounds.

"You May Now Worship Me" - 3/31/08  Apr 1 2008, 12:37:11 PM
I gotta say I'm really surprised that no one has reported on the show from last night yet.

What a wonderfully put together, well written and astonishingly performed night. Funny and touching at once, and Ms. Scott in the best voice I've ever heard her.

And quite honestly, the YouTube portion alone was worth the price of admission. Although it makes me wonder if she has, in fact, had similar correspondence with "liveforbroadway08" whom "broadwayislove08@earthlink.net" is mo

re: Piano Bar recommendations?  Mar 29 2008, 04:31:52 AM
Rose's Turn is long since closed.

Go to Marie's Crisis. It's quite simply my favorite place anywhere - if you like showtunes, and singing them at the top of your lungs with dozens of other people, its the bar for you.

re: Christine Ebersole as Lovett in Orlando?  Mar 25 2008, 09:51:44 PM
I also think Gaines is at the very least, an ODD choice. But he's got roots in Florida and recently did a theatre opening here so I think that may be part of it.
re: Christine Ebersole as Lovett in Orlando?  Mar 25 2008, 09:49:41 PM
Actually, yes, the Philharmonic has announced the dates of the show, but as said previously, Ebersole is still in talks.

Looks like March 6th and 7th 2009. So we're quite a ways off. If Ebersole falls through, I'm suggesting Victoria Clark as a replacement.

Super Series 2008
Sweeney Todd with Davis Gaines & Mad Cow Theater
Friday, March 6, 2009 8:00 PM (Matinee Subscription)
Saturday, March 7, 2009 8:00 PM (Super Subscription & Pops Subscription)

D

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You