News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Solipsist234

Member Name: Solipsist234
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Daniel Fish-Directed OKLAHOMA! Lassos its Way to St. Ann's Warehouse  Sep 30 2018, 05:25:38 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "VotePeron said: "I hope no one on this board will write anything about it - it must be seen to be believed.All I'll say is with a year of extremely dated revivals with bad stances on women (OOTI, Carousel, MFL),"

I strongly disagree with your inclusion of My Fair Lady in the list of "dated revivals" from last season.

"

Whether anyone really enjoyed Sher's interpretation of the show or

The 2018-2019 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions  Sep 29 2018, 05:49:01 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "Will Waverly Gallery be considered a new play or a revival?"

It will be considered as a revival, because the show previously had a production in New York, but never played Broadway (this is true of any "revival" production that never made it to Broadway in its original iteration, i.e. Violet, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and all of Lonergan's plays, surprisingly!)

(That's how I've been able to figure it out over the years! )

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?  Sep 29 2018, 04:50:27 PM

Bwayfan292 said: "Solipsist234 said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Their opinion is valid, but don't take it as definitive because the word of mouth on here contrasts what I see elsewhere and doesn't represent the majority. I certainly wouldn't decide whether or not to see this show based upon the reviews on here."

Oh, my thoughts exactly, GeorgeandDot!!! I don't live in New York, but I would never take the word of a few people on a messa

What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?  Sep 29 2018, 04:32:03 PM

Robbie2 said: "Sondheimite said: "Solipsist234 said: "Robbie2 said: ""

Robbie, everyone's already said that Moulin Rouge is going into the Hirschfeld. We don't need some random/cryptic picture to support this!
"

What is random orcryptic about a photo of the Moulin Rouge set that says Moulin Rouge on it?

I'd rather that Lion Roar kid come back thanSolipsist234 stay. It's past time for the ban, moderators, ofSolipsist234
"

Yea, I just ignore trolls!
"

Again, not a troll, just posting how I see it!

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?  Sep 29 2018, 04:29:12 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "Their opinion is valid, but don't take it as definitive because the word of mouth on here contrasts what I see elsewhere and doesn't represent the majority. I certainly wouldn't decide whether or not to see this show based upon the reviews on here."

Oh, my thoughts exactly, GeorgeandDot!!! I don't live in New York, but I would never take the word of a few people on a message board to form my opinion on a show I might see!

Th

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?  Sep 29 2018, 04:19:14 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "^The negative word of mouth on here is shocking to me considering how positive the word of mouth everywhere else seems to be and that it's now extended into December. I'd take the reviews on here with a grain of salt."

...maybe other posters don't share the same opinion as you perhaps? I don't know, but that's just a thought.

What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?  Sep 29 2018, 04:11:34 PM

<<edited by BWW staff>>

That depends on how you see it, robsky! If you or Sondhemite are saying that BroadwayWorld would be a better place WITHOUT me, then you clearly do not understand how horribly inane it already is with a poster LIKE YOU perusing around yelling at another poster!

BTW, comparing me to "that Lion Roar kid" (this is in response to Sondheimite's post) is completely and utterly laughable. That kid was actually a tro

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 29 2018, 12:11:50 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Why do I continue to engage with somebody who suggested that another user was on incorrectly prescribed medication by a psychiatrista few weeks ago?"

And why do I continue to engage with someone who posted truly abhorrent things on the Off-Topic board, tried to cover it up with an "it's all good" thread in that typical BroadwayConcierge way, and has literally caused so many posters to leave because of his cloyingness and complet

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 28 2018, 11:23:33 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "BalconyClub, I hope you're tuning out the one obnoxious user who isn't grateful for/fascinated by your updates about the show."

You're equally as obnoxious as me, but you're not seeing me drag someone else under the rug!

Edit: also, why should I be fascinated??? Are you trying to tell me how to post or something? I assumed "policing" was against this board's virtues, or does the rule not apply to you..

What's Next for the Al Hirschfeld?  Sep 28 2018, 11:06:36 PM

Robbie2 said: ""

Robbie, everyone's already said that Moulin Rouge is going into the Hirschfeld. We don't need some random/cryptic picture to support this!

Tootsie - Chicago tryout  Sep 28 2018, 11:05:23 PM

BalconyClub said:"I cannot keep up with the many changes in the show either!"

...yeah, because the other 50 posts wouldn't suggest that at all. Nope. No bueno. Not at all!

Also, you must really be breaking the bank if you're spending a ton of money to see an out-of-town tryout in its entirety in terms of its run even though no one told you you had to, or whatever!

KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing  Sep 28 2018, 10:55:49 PM

MannPhan24601 said: "Solipsist234 said: "MannPhan24601 said: "And I wonder if people will boycott Moulin Rouge like they boycotted Carousel when Great Comet closed...."

indecision

Umm, many questions: when did that happen? If it did happen, whydid it happen? Who spearheaded it? Was it

Princess Diana Musical, DIANA, Set for World Premiere at La Jolla Playhouse  Sep 28 2018, 10:50:48 PM
If I remember correctly, I believe certain posters on these boards adamantly hate Jeanna de Waal, right?

Whether you like her or not, she will make a fine Diana, and the girl has serious pipes, so that's certainly a plus!

KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing  Sep 28 2018, 10:47:07 PM

MannPhan24601 said: "And I wonder if people will boycott Moulin Rouge like they boycotted Carousel when Great Comet closed...."

indecision

Umm, many questions: when did that happen? If it did happen, why did it happen? Who spearheaded it? Was it the Twitter stans? Is the Imperial some safe space or s

KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing  Sep 28 2018, 10:38:12 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "By the time it closes, it will be the 25th longest-running show in Broadway history, edging out the spot currently held byThe Producers. Nothing to scoff at in the slightest."

...yeah, that's true, but when I brought up this very topic in that other thread (it's on the front page of the board, as a matter of fact; I'm assuming you bumped it?), I was woefully shot down by a few posters, even though I had a clear argument i

KINKY BOOTS- sets April 7th closing  Sep 28 2018, 10:22:29 PM
Well, at least ACL2006 won't be able to complain about it still being open after April, so that's a plus!

I got to see the tour when it came to Dallas a few years back, and believe it or not, J. Harrison Ghee was my Lola (he and the other understudy were tag-teaming while Kyle Taylor Parker was filling in for Billy Porter on Broadway.) This show holds such a special place in my heart, and I'm so glad I got the opportunity to see it!!!

It's truly had an amazing run, and I hope t

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 20 2018, 01:19:18 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "K."

Aww, it was a pleasure talking to you too!!!

(Also, I had no clue you were 15! How's high school treating ya?) 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 20 2018, 01:06:40 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "It's amazing how any opinion Ihave on anything sends you into a tizzy of rage."

I don't understand what you mean by "rage." Normally, when someone rages, they use inappropriate language, 'ALL CAPS' letters, and usually have inaccurate assertions without any facts to back it up!

My argument is completely reasonable. If you need more examples of how to handle my supposed "rage", you know where to find me.

Also, "tizzy" is so 1948, dude. Brush up on your Shakespeare! Sorry, I couldn't resist jabbing your word choice...

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 20 2018, 12:52:34 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Get over yourself, Solipsist."

Maybe you should get over yourself and learn to live with the fact that an Eliza in a current company of Hamilton does not have a wig! What the actor personally looks like is completely irrelevant to the entire theme of Hamilton; it is based around a suspension of disbelief (that's the whole point!)

Hamilton already broke the norms in terms of being a groundbreaking piece of musi

Mary Beth Peil Will Play Final Performance in ANASTASIA On September 23  Sep 19 2018, 04:04:58 PM

bwayrose7 said: "Producer2 said: "(cough) flop"

Actually, the show is projected to recoup in October/November.
"

Thanks for clearing this up! I've been waiting for this bit of news for quite some time...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You