News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EddieP

Member Name: EddieP
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Company Previews ThreadThird preview is also stopped again tonight
 Mar 5 2020, 12:26:09 AM
To be honest, up until tonight I thought lupone’s LUNCH is too jazzy (ironic as I used to be a professional jazz musician), but I found her cooler rendition balanced well with the show’s modernism.
Company Previews ThreadThird preview is also stopped again tonight
 Mar 4 2020, 11:48:35 PM

I was row H, center tonight. Since this is a good review, let me blab even though it’s a preview: Apparently one of the producers was right in front of me. I didn’t know it was him, but just turned to the first person I saw at intermission to say “Wow! I wasn’t expecting that!”  I mean it was jaw dropping my good.  (To be honest, I felt the British cast recording was lousy, but this was so tight and punchy.) This The lighting and staging were somet

Bad Theater Behavior
 Jul 25 2019, 09:33:27 PM

I wear to bejesus... the only reason I went to see MY FAIR LADY was to hear the first 8 notes of the overture and the old couple behind me got into the hearing aid discussion the second it began...  Several other people gave them turn backs -- and its a dialogue heavy show.   I turned back, and they were like children.  They had these, "It wasn't us..." (stare straight ahead) faces.   After the third time I turned back, and gave them a cold stare and hel

GYPSY Film Happening
 Feb 9 2019, 04:42:35 PM

What is wrong with Harvey Fierstein???  Close your eyes...

Some people can get a thrill...

Kiss Me Kate PREVIEW
 Feb 9 2019, 04:32:38 PM

Everybody ready for big Kiss Me Kate opening?

So big question, will Gemignani be conducting for the first preview and any rumors how he's revisiting the score?

Marin Mazzie Has Passed Away
 Sep 13 2018, 07:12:29 PM

Does anyone know if the lights will be dimmed?

I can't believe this.  I was so lucky to see her in RAGTIME and KATE many times.  

She not only had the voice, but an INCREDIBLE stage presence.   

18 years later and I still listen to her version of SO IN LOVE or occasionally hear BACK TO BEFORE just magically popping up in the back of my head.  

This is so terrible...

Aug 26 2018, 12:03:52 AM

Hello Dolly closing.
 Aug 26 2018, 12:03:49 AM

Did you say you saw it 94 times???

My wife is on my case for seeing it 10 times (in 6 months.)

What is it about that show?

The first time I saw it I actually didn't like it so much -- that's the crazy thing.  (It was two weeks after my mother's funeral, and I was having a hemorrhoid attack.).  My Professor at Rutgers vouched for it. and I went back and began to realize how incredible so many things about it was -- including the costumes and vocal arr

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
 Aug 21 2018, 10:02:03 PM
OK, here’s the big question: Molly Griggs. Is it the make up and character, or is her stage presence that strong? I really feel she lights up the stage, even when she’s just in the chorus. I’m going to be so disappointed if DOLLY is just a one off for her!!!

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
 Aug 21 2018, 05:48:39 PM

I saw Bernadette 9 times, and Donna's last last night.  My impression was that Donna was very good -- a different interpretation (bright, cheery, flirtatious), but Bernadette's Dolly is way more intense.  I also liked Garber's interpretation.  David Hyde Pierce is more of a comedic actor, but Garber stuck with playing Vandergelder as a clueless fool, and it worked better for me.   --The thing with Bernadette is she really improvises a lot and is really edgy. &n

Theatre Going Partners: HELLO DOLLY and KATE
 Jul 1 2018, 09:41:51 AM

I hope this isn’t OT. I tend to go see musicals REPEATEDLY and on the spur when I like them. (Up to viewing 8 of DOLLY w/Bernadette.). Going alone is ok, but it’s nice to have someone/ some folks knowledgeable and/or passionate to gab with at intermission — no drinks or dining before after — that would cut into my ticket budget!!!) Anyway, wondering if there’s any folks within a stones throw of BROADWAY who are up to catching shows.on the spur

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You