News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WhiJo Bloom

WhiJo Bloom Profile Photo
Member Name: WhiJo Bloom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON National Tour  Jan 6 2019, 08:47:23 PM
So I was FINALLY in the room where it happens - saw the Philip cast in Ft Lauderdale on Friday night, the 4th, and I was absolutely blown away.

The cast works so well together and they are all truly athletes and artists of the highest caliber.

In reference to previous comments on this thread, I actually loved Marcus Choi as George Washington - I thought he brought a wonderful air of wisdom and respect and knowledge, and in my opinion he had some great personal takes on lyrics

HAMILTON National Tour  Dec 26 2018, 10:38:22 AM

dmwnc1959 said: "WhiJo Bloom: like it’smentioned before, take binoculars. Even if it’s a small pair but with decent magnification, it’ll be better than nothing. I hope you enjoy the Philip Cast, and do come back and let us know your thoughts on the show. I’m very excited to see the show again myself, and hope to at least see it twice while it’s in Pittsburgh. Luckily we don’t have to go through Ticketmaster since the Pittsburgh Cu

HAMILTON National Tour  Dec 25 2018, 12:18:17 PM

I'll be seeing the Philip cast of Hamilton on January 4th in Fort Lauderdale! Super excited, it was such a process to get the tickets - I went through the ticketmaster verification and everything and was luckily given a time slot to buy my tickets but I was plagued with technical difficulties and I tried 4 different show dates that were sold out before finally getting Friday, January 4th!

Came out to $119 per ticket for third row Balcony, which is pushing it for Broward Center sinc

Head Over Heels- Rachel York?  Dec 25 2018, 12:01:16 PM
I was at the matinee on Saturday, December 15th and she was still in the show!

Ive seen her post some stuff on Instagram with the Ever After crew, and Bonnie has also mentioned it on her insta stories so Im not sure if shes still at Head Over Heels, but if anything shes still been there recently!

Merry Christmas!

Head Over Heels 25 dollar Tickets  Dec 24 2018, 04:49:14 PM

My partner and I bought 2 $25 student tickets on Saturday, December 15th for the matinee. Got to the box office a little past 11 I think, maybe like 11:15ish? Wasn't a problem getting tickets, especially considering the show was at 2pm.

The nice guy at the box office gave us Orchestra Right Row O seats 2 and 4, which were great aisle seats. (I did the digital rush back in September and got third row center which was awesome but these seats were great nontheless haha).

Miles2

The Cher Show Audience Opinions.  Dec 20 2018, 08:11:15 PM

I saw The Cher Show last Friday on the 14th and my boyfriend and I LOVED it!

Granted I do know a lot of Cher's songs so it was fun to hear their takes on these classics, and it may have just been the Friday night audience but it felt like a concert! Lots of "whoo"ing and cheers and laughs, even the cast at the stage door said it was a fantastic crowd.

If it gives you an idea, I'm 23 and was probably one of the youngest people there haha and I thought it was a b

The prom rush  Dec 19 2018, 05:48:40 PM

quizking101 said: "TheatreEdAubrey said: "Hey everyone!

I'm traveling to nyc the 29th-2nd and am trying to rush for a bunch of shows. I am planning on going to the Mean Girls line right away and then heading to Prom right after. Do you think i'll have a chance to get a rush ticket if Iarrive Saturday around 10:15am?Also do they let you pick if its for the matinee or the evening show? Thanks!!
"

Unless something changed, MEAN

Unsee Me - Frogs with Nathan Lane  Nov 21 2018, 01:35:32 AM

Anything Goes - that national tour was rough here in Florida

Bandstand - even though I saw the screening at the movies and not live, I truly debated leaving early and regretted being charged $25 for it instead of a regular movie ticket price haha

Cats - idk if I necessarily wish I could unsee it, but I was 11 when I first saw it and vividly remember looking at my parents during intermission and my mother going ".....well the costumes are nice". It was so boring, at tha

What show have you seen the most times?  Nov 11 2018, 10:54:58 PM

Phantom of the Opera - 5

The Book of Mormon - 4

Wicked - 4

Jersey Boys - 4

Several twice mostly on tour. Though tbh I confess to going to Wicked because it was playing for such a long time on tour that I really just wanted to go see a theatre show and it happened to be the one playing and it would be too long to wait for the next one haha. Jersey Boys is one of the favs, and I'm still impressed a managed to get tickets to Book of Mormon so easily

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 10 2018, 05:08:32 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "The play is still not listed on the BroadwayBox app. I don’t recall this ever happening before. Discount or no discount, even during previews all shows always seem to be listed. Why idea why Mockingbird isn’t?"

Looking through the BroadwayBox website on my computer, if you type in To Kill a Mockingbird in the search box they do have the show page there with a "Regularly-Priced Tickets" link. However the 7pm Dec 12th performance

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 10 2018, 04:45:15 PM

I just noticed that both telecharge and TDF have removed the 7pm show on December 12th from their calendar of available tickets, which is what would be the last preview before opening.

Has anyone heard anything about this change? When I checked yesterday most of the balcony was still available (I was trying to buy tickets for it but left it for today)

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC  Oct 27 2018, 12:31:28 PM
Okay finally got around to sitting down and writing my thoughts while traveling back home, sorry for the delay haha.

For starters I didn’t necessarily mind that Beetlejuice starts off the show - my bigger issue was that the opening number wasn’t all that interesting. It only served to give BJ some raunchy lines and literally say it’s a show about death, besides that it doesn’t add anything to the start of the show.

Alex was awesome as Beetlejuice, he had some really funny one

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC  Oct 25 2018, 06:45:34 PM
Btw, not sure if this has been mentioned, but I got my orchestra seat through TodayTix.

I just picked it up at the box office and got Orchestra Left Row P for $69 - same price as some of the balcony seats were going for

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC  Oct 25 2018, 06:43:39 PM
I’ll be at the show tonight! First time seeing it as I happened to be in DC for work, so I won’t be able to tell if there are changes, but will report on how it goes!!!

I’ll take merchandise and show curtain pictures as well! SO EXCITED

Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!  Jun 25 2018, 08:02:46 PM

MBFan said: "What is Access10 and are they good seats?"

Roundabout has a ticket promo code called Access10 which unlocks $10 mid-to-rear mezzanine seats for the first four previews of all of their shows for the season, tax included and such. It was my first time using it so I had no idea how fast the tickets were going to run out, but I punched in the code at 10am, finished the checkout by 10:07 and was able to get a mid-mezzanine row H seat for the fourth preview

Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!  Jun 25 2018, 07:58:40 PM

I got an Access10 ticket for February 16th!

I sneaked into a service alley at work at exactly 10 this morning, and was having trouble since I had to do it all through my smartphone, but SO happy it worked, and a mid-mezzanine ticket at that too!

BANDSTAND! - Fathom Events June 25th-28th  Jun 24 2018, 09:50:37 PM

Fathom Events are not supported by moviepass unfortunately.

I went to see Curious Incident... in Miami Beach two weeks ago or whenever it was, and at first it had shown up on the moviepass app in the morning as a supported screening, but by the time I got to the theatre it was taken off

So, tell us about yourself.  Jun 20 2018, 10:44:23 PM

Add me to the list of long-time board reader but seldom poster! I'll try it out, why not:

Early 20s, originally from southern California (Orange County pride!), currently living in Miami, Florida and actually moving to NY in August for grad school - dreams come true kids haha

First got into musicals after I saw High School Musical as a kid (I know someone is going to judge me for that lol), and I hated the sports camps my parents put me in growing up so after that they put m

2018 TONY Awards Snubs  Jun 10 2018, 11:44:51 PM

I totally wasn't expecting Itamar Moses edging out Tina Fey.

And I genuinely thought Leading Actor in a Musical was either going to Ethan Slater or Joshua Henry, Tony Shaloub was so unexpected!

Besides that, genuinely so happy for Once on this Island's Best Revival Tony! I thought My Fair Lady was a shoe in

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS SNUBS THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 11:40:12 PM

Tina Fey - totally surprised

Ethan Slater - genuinely thought it was either going to Slater or Joshua Henry, Tony Shaloub was so unexpected!

And genuinely so happy for Once on this Island's Best Revival Tony! I thought My Fair Lady was a shoe in

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You