News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for icecastle

Member Name: icecastle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Man Accused of Groping Teens at Anastasia Stage Door
 Jun 23 2018, 01:37:01 PM

delete

A Black Eliza Doolittle
 Jun 23 2018, 01:00:33 PM

I would love it. It seems for many years soprano ingenue roles have been closed off to people of color for the most part- Cosette, Christine, Glinda, Johanna, Maria in WSS. Les Misérables in London only this year cast a Black British Cosette (there had previously only been one u/s on Broadway). There has only been one black Christine in the 32 year history of Phantom, and only two Asian Christines outside of Japan and Korea. 

There is the line about Karpathy coming to

My Fair Lady Cast Replacements/Absences
 Jun 20 2018, 08:48:36 PM

The Eliza understudies are Kerstin Anderson and Heather Botts. I believe only Kerstin has gone on.

Are blondes allowed to play Nessarose in Wicked?
 Jun 19 2018, 09:00:07 PM

So now here's the real question... Are actresses with short or curly hair allowed to play Nessarose in Wicked?

Moulin Rouge/Aaron Tveit
 Jun 19 2018, 11:50:25 AM

WesternSky2 said: "Anyone have any luck on the phone this morning? I've been sitting here redialing over and over, but am getting a busy signal."

According to Facebook, they're telling people to DM them on the Colonial Theatre page. Seems to be more effective than calling.

Situations in Which the Best Person Didn't Win
 Jun 18 2018, 05:26:31 PM

Dave Malloy should at least won for orchestrations.

what is the worse disney musical?
 Jun 18 2018, 04:52:14 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Was PL Travers alive long enough to see a performance of Mary Poppins? I wonder if Cameron Mackintosh's product was closer to what PL Travers wanted to the film to be as we know she really disliked what Disney did with the film. I get her point, but I really do love Disney's treatment so much."

Travers died in 1996 and the first workshop (I believe) was held in 2003. I'm curious what she would think of it and the upcoming mov

Has Anastasia recouped?
 Jun 18 2018, 04:13:43 PM

Darko's last show on Broadway, Gentleman's Guide, recouped after 17 months, after costing $7.5 million for its initial capitalization. The tour recouped after a little over a year.

Anastasia I would estimate having a capitalization of way more than that, considering the larger cast and costume requirements. It also has higher running costs, with a larger ensemble and some more famous (within Broadway) names, in terms of cast, and in terms of creative team. Howeve

Jun 18 2018, 04:05:27 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEBvZ5bnSWZ/?taken-by=meganmasako

I stand corrected. Looks like not all Nessas do wear wig. Looking at Jillian Butler as well I'm in doubt.

I assume an actress would wear one if she had a pixie cut or unnatural dyed hair?

Jun 18 2018, 02:26:34 PM

The reason the Mary Poppins musical is the way it is is because Cameron Mackintosh was the driving force behind it, not Disney. He was the one who got the rights to it from PL Travers before she died and she said no Americans could be involved in the creative team, the Sherman Brothers couldn't write new songs for it, and it had to be more like the books.

Jun 18 2018, 12:34:02 PM

Every actress in Wicked wears a wig. As does every actress in Phantom, Anastasia, Aladdin, Beautiful, Carousel, Hello Dolly, Summer, etc. 

Think of it this way. If Nessarose used her natural hair, she would have to spend a significant portion of her break from her exit in Act 1 to her reappearance in Act 2 getting her hair into an updo. With Glinda it's impossible because she needs to change from her curly bubble dress hairstyle to her schoolgirl hairstyle in less th

Les miserables school edition
 Jun 17 2018, 08:03:19 PM

OP how long have you been working in the theatre? 30 years did you say?

Jun 17 2018, 07:59:04 PM

Tarzan. *shudders*

Frozen is a close second

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 07:13:28 PM

In Hamburg it was a huge flop, quite embarassing for Stage Entertainment. I didn't see Rachel as Christine but I did see her as Carlotta and she was very good in that role. Wonder if she'll join the Broadway company of the original when the tour closes.

How is Phantom these days?
 Jun 15 2018, 07:07:08 PM

Haven't been in a while, however Ben Crawford sounds great. Luckily the awful guy (in more ways than one) who was there before Jöback is gone. Personally the best Christine there is the understudy Elizabeth Welch. She came to be the principal Christine here in Germany for a little under a year and really should be the principal. Actually I heard she's on for every show besides the matinee this week!

Todrick Hall
 Jun 15 2018, 03:43:32 PM

http://www.fanmail.biz/131373.html

First result when googling "Todrick Hall Fanmail"

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 03:36:27 PM

Never mind the original takes place in 1881... so it's really 26 years later. Bronson has a beautiful voice but he's way to young for even original Phantom. They could at least add some age lines on his "good side"!

Is this going to Broadway this spring? When does the tour end? I would assume they would cast a bigger name for the Phantom. Can't wait to see what Brantley says.

Love Never Dies
 Jun 15 2018, 02:49:01 PM

German here- you can call out far more often here. It's very common for principal actors to list their off dates ahead of time, often for a month's worth of shows they'll have already decided to call out six times, in addition to unplanned ones. Gardar had an alternate, Mathias Edenborn here as well. Never paid much attention to this show after seeing it and disliking it so I don't know how often he called out, but he only did 6 shows there as well.

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
 Jun 15 2018, 01:37:55 PM

Ben Platt will almost certainly be Boq. 

Les miserables school edition
 Jun 15 2018, 01:33:00 PM

What, are you mad you didn't get the part you wanted?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You