News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Paul Skeen

Member Name: Paul Skeen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Playwrights and Composers Who Have Acted in Their Own Works
 May 25 2021, 01:22:16 PM

John Leguizamo

Eric Bogosian

Ellie Greenwich - Leader of the Pack (bit of stretch for this one, but I think it counts)

Plays or musicals with scenes at New Year's?
 Jul 27 2020, 07:00:41 AM

Side Show

Best Cast of a movie musical ever, what's your favorite?
 Jul 5 2020, 07:01:29 PM

Singin' in the Rain

Hedwig and the Angry Inch ( I thought the movie was overlooked at the Academy Awards and better than Chicago)

Share the shows you were planning on seeing....this weekend
 Apr 17 2020, 03:45:53 PM

Come From Away

Six

Diana

SING STREET @ NYTW
 Dec 5 2019, 08:06:04 PM

Thank you CarmenA3

SING STREET @ NYTW
 Dec 5 2019, 04:42:13 PM

I have a stupid question. I do not think that Sing Street has a Playbill, but do the give out any sort of program? The last Off Broadway show I went to did not. 

Last Performance Experiences
 Aug 12 2019, 01:16:53 PM

Was fortunate also to be at the final performance of Spongebob The Musical and would agree it was very moving. Great energy and was so happy to share it with my daughter. I have only been to a couple final performances, but the first one I was at was for the original production of Sunday in The Park With George. Had no idea it was going to be the final performance when I got the ticket, but it wound up closing early. Amazing performance which ran about 15 minutes longer than usual due to

Tonys Black Tie?
 Jun 7 2019, 01:04:15 PM

Went last year and was very stressed about being able to get in. I wore a black suit and there was no issue being admitted. A gentleman a few rows behind me was wearing khakis and a polo shirt.

Jun 5 2019, 06:50:35 AM

Went last year and it was one of the most fun experiences I have had.  They let us enter around 6:00 and everyone was taking photos on the staircase. The pre-show awards started promptly at 7:00 until about 7:58. During commercial breaks for the live telecast they also handed out awards.I also had an upper level seat and the sightlines were still perfect. It is a long night, but I thought it flew by. 

Best understudy you've ever seen?
 Nov 6 2018, 01:23:44 PM

Norbert Leo Butz as Roger in Rent, and Kristen Lee Kelly as Maureen in Rent. Actually liked them more than Adam Pascal and Idina Menzel. Also Judy Kuhn as Rosa Bud in The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Patti Cohenour was out.

Best understudy you've ever seen?
 Nov 6 2018, 01:23:43 PM

Norbert Leo Butz as Roger in Rent, and Kristen Lee Kelly as Maureen in Rent. Actually liked them more than Adam Pascal and Idina Menzel. Also Judy Kuhn as Rosa Bud in The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Patti Cohenour was out.

Shortest runtime?
 Nov 6 2018, 01:16:28 PM

Meteor Shower from earlier this year was 80 minutes.

Tony Advice
 Jun 9 2018, 09:32:58 AM

Sorry, I thought this was going into the other post titled Tony Advice. I would not have started a new post.

Tony Advice
 Jun 9 2018, 09:31:25 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but want t o make sure I can cease worrying. All posts seem to say that wearing a suit in the upper levels will be fine. I was able to get a ticket very late last night and after i printed, I noticed the ticket literally has "Black Tie Only" printed on it. Do you think they will be more strict this year? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You