News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cleareyedidealist

Member Name: Cleareyedidealist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Book of Mormon Cancellation line
 Dec 30 2018, 07:23:15 PM
Bumping this old thread as Im wondering about going to see the show this week...
Beautiful RUSH Tickets
 Jul 25 2018, 05:38:21 AM
Bump
Dear Evan Hansen cast changes thread
 Jun 14 2018, 11:57:59 AM
So I guess I was understating it. It wasn’t just a “not Ben Platt” problem. Some of it (“Waving through a Window”) bordered on unpleasant. But he did have me in tears for most of the second act, so all in all, a brave performance.
Dear Evan Hansen cast changes thread
 Jun 14 2018, 07:44:23 AM
We saw MLB last night as Evan Hansen and he is a phenomenal actor but my daughter, who listens to the soundtrack incessantly, had high expectations for the show and was a bit disappointed with his vocals. It did seem a bit of a stretch.
Line
 Jun 14 2018, 07:41:17 AM

Just adding in bc this thread was really helpful to me as I planned our one-day trip. We already had DEH matinee tickets for yesterday and my daughter was hoping to see Beautiful with Marissa Benoist but I didn’t realize it didn’t have a Weds pm show so I thought we’d try for Hamilton even though we have tickets to see it when it comes to our city. We arrived in nyc and got to the box office just before it opened. at 9:50am there were two line sitters and two other tourists ahead of us (so we were tickets #7 and waiting for 8pm tickets plus 6 people waiting for matinee tickets. The first line sitter got called in and got his clients’ tickets when the box office opened. Then one single matinee became available and one person in a party of three got that. Then nothing. We waited abt 30 mins before I asked the line sitter and the box office and they told me it was unlikely they would have that many evening performance tickets available before the matinee. I was told on two-show days, the pm ticket cancellations start coming in during the intermission of the matinee. I wasn’t going to be able to wait for that So we took off and checked into our hotel and went to soho to shop before DEH. By 4:30 when DEH got out I ran over to the line and learned that everyone in the morning (incl the two guys who had been waiting for pm tickets) had gotten tickets for the matinee and only one line sitter was still waiting for pm tickets. I was 6th in line (My daughter stayed to do stagedoor At DEH) but the 4-5 people in front of me had only arrived in line just minutes before. Eventually about 10 -15 more people got in line behind us and from looking around at intermission, it seemed like everyone got in (we were literally high fiving each other). The line sitter (Adonis!) said Hamilton has slowed down a lot and Harry Potter and Mean Girls are the hottest tickets. Lines may be longer in the summer and def on weekends but you never know. He said they usually have around 12-20 tickets every performance. He’s seen them have 30+. The unclaimed lottery tickets go first. Then house tickets and Standing Room (if any) become available closer to curtain time so being first in line is not necessarily the way to the best seats. The line sitter had arrived at 5:45am, waited all day, and got his clients’ tickets (unclaimed lottery Row A) at 5pm. Then another lady got called in right after him and she got two $229 tickets on the aisle Row G. Two other people got called in at 7 they got more Tow G. Then two ladies got side orchestra Row J and K. Then nothing. At 7:45 a solo lady ahead of me got called and she got Row F seat 103.  Then I got Row F seats 105/107 in the center orchestra, exactly in line with the conductor. These tickets list on stub hub for $2,660!! People behind us also seemed to get house seats Rows (K and L? ). I didn’t hear of anyone being offered $749 tickets. The box office lady told me they often put those back up for sale on Ticketmaster. All in all waiting in the cancellation line was the smartest three hours investment of my time. We got to see Michael Oluwe and he was fantastic and Gregory Treco was understudy for George WShington and was freaking amazing. Good luck!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You