News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SamanthaCH

Member Name: SamanthaCH
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Roles they DIDN'T get....
 Jun 17 2020, 09:34:12 AM

I am now watching the #StarsInTheHouse episode with the original company of Les Miz, and they just mentioned that, before Frances Ruffele was offered to come to Broadway,  the role of Eponine had already been cast with an American actress. Does anyone know who she was? They said she left the job to be in Smile (BIG mistake!). 

SIX alternates
 Mar 7 2020, 10:30:44 AM

Does anyone know if the 3 alternates cover specific roles, or can they go on for any of the queens?

I think that, so far, Courtney Mack has gone on for Boleyn, Mallory Maedke for Seymour and Nicole Kyoung-Mi Lambert for Aragon and Parr. 

Erika Henningsen to Depart Mean Girls
 Jan 12 2020, 06:11:29 AM

I also wished Tee Boyich would return to the show. I wonder what's next for Erika besides a well-deserved break. I think she'd be a fantastic Anna in Frozen.

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
 Jan 12 2020, 06:09:04 AM

The London production did have an ensemble. They appeared here and there: the Another Hunded People montage, the nightclub scene with Joanne, the Tick Tock sequence... The five of them took a bow at the end of the show. 

In London they had an understudy for Andy, PJ and Theo; an understudy for Joanne and Sarah; an understudy for Paul, Peter and Jamie; an undestudy for David, Harry and Larry; and an understudy for Jenny and Susan. Jennifer Saayeng, who played Jenny, also covered Bo

Merrily we roll along - title?
 Dec 8 2019, 12:01:48 PM

So I've been listening to Merrily quite a lot this week, and I was wondering what is up with the title of the show. Why do you think Sondheim/Furth (Kaufman and Hart, really) chose a popular song from the 30s as the title of their musical/play? To me it's always sounded a bit too wordy. 

Magnolia/Kim
 Feb 24 2019, 04:32:06 PM

Random question for all Show Boat lovers out there: In the original production (1927), Norma Terris played both Magnolia Hawks and her daughter, Kim. I really can't figure out how it worked. Aren't Magnolia and Kim together on stage (along Ravenaw) for the last scene(s) of the musical? 

Also, wouldn't it be wonderful to get a revival back on Broadway? It's been been over 20 years since the last one.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
 Oct 20 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Chicago Shakespeare Theatre is going ahead with the premiere of Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

https://www.chicagoshakes.com/plays_and_events/bedknobs

Anyone heard who's directing/any word on the creative team? I know that Rachel Rockwell was attached. She would have done wonderful things with the material.

This is one my favorite childhood movies and would love for it to transfer to Broadway!

Whoopi really pushes 'HoH' on The View
 Aug 2 2018, 11:54:47 AM

It's a shame that The View doesn't promote Broadway as much as they used to. We hardly see any musicals performing on the show.

I always enjoy it when they have Broadway guests though. I've also noticed that Sunny Hostin is an avid theatre-goer! Whenever a guest (specially actors in straight plays) comes to the show, she's seen the production.

Regional productions of Disney shows
 Jul 3 2018, 03:49:28 PM

I saw Frozen last Saturday and, while I enjoyed the musical, I wasn't a big fan of the production. The same happened with The Little Mermaid back when I saw it in 2008. I then saw Glenn Casale's staging and thought the show worked way better than on Broadway. 

Have you seen any regional production of a Disney musical that stood out on its own/didn't make you miss the original?

I also really liked the shortened versions of Beauty and the Beast a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You