News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BWAYboi_yes

BWAYboi_yes Profile Photo
Member Name: BWAYboi_yes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is Lupone Tony Bound?
 Apr 7 2008, 07:24:08 PM
I guess my first question is, have they decided and announced already if Sutton will be considered a lead or featured? Secondly, am I alone in thinking that Sutton could best Butler for a nomination? She gives a nice performance, but more importantly, is very well liked in the Broadway community... she could garner votes just on her name alone. Thought?
re: A Producer's Perspective
 Nov 28 2007, 04:13:01 PM
I don't think he's trying to be taken too seriously here, but I think a lot of it is pretty funny. Of course you know he's going to take Cohen and Local One to task... that's just the side he's on. No big deal.
re: Local 1's statement -- are they serious?
 Nov 12 2007, 09:09:21 PM
localonecrew, never say never. Strikes don't always end the way those striking intend. We all might wind up seeing Broadway shows after all, with non-union stagehands, if your union isn't willing to negotiate fairly.
re: Local 1's statement -- are they serious?
 Nov 12 2007, 08:58:04 PM
My first instinct tells me that this will become a battle of egos and not a fight over money. At this point, the producers feel they are justified and the union feels they are as well. Who will buckle? I fear that money will influence this, and, in the end, it'll be the union that breaks under pressure, not the producers. These producers are, strategically, in a good position. If the strike last beyond a few weeks, a "speedy resolution" will no longer suffice for the League... they'll be o
re: What You'll Miss the Most About City Center's GYPSY
 Jul 29 2007, 05:08:57 PM
Laura Benanti was really something special, and I don't know if I'll ever see such a wonderful portrayal of the title role. I'll miss her very much.
re: Young Frankenstein face price is $451 on weekends
 Jun 23 2007, 06:49:26 PM
Before I say anything, I want to say that the realistic and logical truths of this day in age for Broadway musicals is quite saddening for theatre lovers-- but, there is hope.

First of all, let's not entirely go out for blood with Mel Brooks. It's not ONLY Mel Brooks when it comes to the soaring price of tickets. The cost of putting on a show have really gone up; Actors' Equity along with the other labor unions continue to increase minimum salary requirements, and the value of commerc

re: Kennedy Center Sweeney Todd Cancelled
 Apr 10 2007, 10:46:42 PM
I was really looking forward to this, since i missed Christine last time. Sweeney Todd seems to get cancelled a lot nowadays. What's the deal?
re: 'Into The Woods' Help
 Nov 20 2006, 12:07:00 AM
I really think that any of the characters CAN be belters if that's how they are portrayed, but please, please, don't belt just because you can. Your performance will be much more meaningful if you do justice to the role, not to your own voice.
re: Rosie as Hannigan?
 Nov 16 2006, 05:10:18 PM
I say Betty Buckley. Let someone really scare those kids.
re: Any confirmation of Patti doing GYPSY?
 Nov 6 2006, 11:46:58 AM
I certainly don't want to rock the boat, and Rath, you are a very credible poster here. It's just that I have also heard legit talk that Maria Friedman is doing it, and her sister is producing. I could be wrong, but I've heard it discussed seriously for weeks. Have you heard anything about it?
re: PETER PAN flies again as television musical.
 Jul 29 2006, 01:40:31 PM
I think the key to casting this is going to be trying to find the most real looking children who are able to handle the material.

Certainly, casting a young boy is ideal, as well as a young Wendy-- and I hope that they do. However, the "children" in the show are not simple personifications of youth, as people tend to see them. In fact, these children are plagued with mature issues. I have found that Peter Pan is hardly "carefree" but rather consumed by responsibility... not unlike We

Remember?
 Jul 18 2006, 11:52:23 AM
Wow. I just re-read that interview that he did when it all happened last year. What a truly horrible thing to have happened. Not to say that he's without blame, because he admits to it himself, but geez, what a bad way to go out. He should have stayed as far away from Ms. Buckley as he could get. He was just too young to take it. 20 years old. I guess no one knows where he is now?
re: Sally Field Replaces Betty Buckley in new ABC series...
 Jul 13 2006, 03:21:48 PM
It does seem to me that Betty is clearly difficult to work with. After all, just a year ago she brought down that whole Sweeney Todd show and nearly the theatre itself in Texas. She needs to learn to calm down.
re: How to fix Lestat?
 Jun 6 2006, 02:14:47 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure, as I have not read the books, what was based on the work of Ms. Rice, and what wasn't. So, I'd be wary of changing whole huge character motivations and plotlines without reading the text. I think, truly, with a full rewrite, it could be very good. But it's so bad now, and I'm not sure who'd want to fix it.
re: It's Official! Ashley is Mary Poppins!
 May 8 2006, 11:11:50 PM
To be cast as Mary Poppins is about as grand a thing that could ever happen for anyone at any point in their career. I hardly feel that she should have EVER considered turning it down. It's likely to be the talk of the season and a huge hit. It won Laura M. K. an Olivier and could win her a Tony. It's a major deal and I'm sure she is so thrilled that she's about to die.
re: Broadway performer's hometowns
 May 2 2006, 11:07:01 PM
Michael Arden is from Odessa, Texas.
re: character shoes
 May 2 2006, 10:59:33 PM
Get a LaDuca 2.5 inch heal. Only consider a 3 inch if you are really a professional dancer. Too many girls get the 3 inch and wind up with an injured leg. "Work your way up." And please note that everyone's advising you to get a LaDuca. It's not an option.
re: Idina reportedly highest paid actress in West End History
 May 2 2006, 10:51:06 PM
Regarding the issue of the 4 months... I do not know this to be factual, but merely speculate it as a possibility. Equity on both sides of the Atlantic are very protective of their performers. It is highly possible that they (the producers of Wicked) had to offer an exchange-- meaning Idina could take the lead in London provided that they brought an actress from the UK to work on Broadway for the same salary for the same frame of time. 4 months happens to be the length of time someone is all
re: Idina reportedly highest paid actress in West End History
 May 1 2006, 11:18:31 PM
I know we're all shocked by the huge salary, but you know, let's not forget, she did have something, however questionable in size, to do with the major success of Wicked. They're making a killing. It's great to pass on a big salary like that to a leading lady when you can. No one's going broke over $50,000 a week in the Wicked bank.
re: One more reason not to post or read All That Chat... or...The 'why isn'
 Apr 17 2006, 02:03:45 AM
I think he does a great job as Tarzan, really. Perhaps, and I don't know if that has already been stated, they couldn't use someone so bulky and heavy because of the flying and ropes and stuff? You know, a human being is back there lifting those people, so maybe a lighter weight guy is all they could manage? I totally understand that.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You