News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBear2

Member Name: BroadwayBear2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus  Apr 2 2020, 03:25:48 PM

ArtMan said: "Our Mayor (Jacksonville) issued a stay at home policy that begins tomorrow till April 30. Anastasia was suppose to be here April 21-26. Obviously that is not happening. Our sponsor of the Broadway series has stopped selling tickets, but no mention on their website or facebook page of a cancellation, postponement, etc. In comparison to the Dr Phillips Center in Orlando, which has done a really good job with information updates, our sponsor is pretty lousy. Their last sho

SOME LIKE IT HOT Musical to Have World Premiere in Chicago in 2021  Mar 9 2020, 11:51:46 AM

barcelona20 said: "Just what Broadway needs! Another show with men dressing up as women."

Broadway: So, we heard you love heterosexual men in dresses for a laugh.

I am excited because of the more classic, wholesome style from Casey--and I do like the movie a lot. However, I can see how this may seem a little out of touch. 

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Mar 9 2020, 11:00:55 AM

Rob looks like my Abuela, and not in a flattering way. Mrs Doubtfire gives me the spooks a bit.

Flying Over Sunset  Mar 7 2020, 01:12:18 PM

A small interview with Beowulf Boritt, in regards to the design and inspiration.

https://www.lct.org/explore/blog/lemon-fs-beowulf-boritt-back-beaumont/?fbclid=IwAR1-CsrRr1SrkXUDn8vGFrTM84MVV6T_R2t2any--ZaLQ1XuwJLF3N61h1g

Favorite Scenic Design 2019/2020 Season  Mar 6 2020, 03:54:01 PM

^So intrigued with this one! In an interview Tom Kitt kept reiterating that "it is amazing the way the set moves...and we're using technology that has never been seen on a broadway stage". Those words all raised my eyebrows.

Favorite Scenic Design 2019/2020 Season  Mar 6 2020, 02:38:06 PM

Simply as the title says, do you have any Favorite Scenic Designs of the 2019/2020 Season? Even a particular inspired or breathtaking moment counts in my book. 

Flying Over Sunset  Feb 15 2020, 02:58:02 PM

The creative team and cast scream Tony Winning Best Musical, but who knows. Anything can happen, but personally--this is my top contender....especially after hearing that title song. Feels like a big departure for Tom Kitt, which is very exciting.

EcoVillage-Off Off Broadway  Jan 15 2019, 11:04:21 PM
Did anyone see the first preview of this at St Clements tonite? Any thoughts or discussion welcome.
Where is everyone?  Dec 10 2018, 12:22:36 PM
It's also quiet, because many of the more vocal posters have had their accounts blocked/deleted including Sondheimite and BroadqayConcierge, and quite a few others. The whole thing got out of hand, I dont think removing these people we all loved and respected from our community was the answer. We need to be able to discuss things together
If harry potter was a musical who would you want to compose it?  Nov 12 2018, 09:52:01 PM

Florence Welch

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 3 2018, 02:16:21 PM

TheatreBoy1996 said: "BroadwayBear2 said: "Important Question: Do they have a fun and sassy themed cocktail at the bar? If so, what is it?

Yes! They have a: "Bang Bang Apple-Tini," "Dark Lady Daiquiri," "Superstar Cosmo," "Believe Margarita," and "The Sonny & Cher Sangria." I had the Apple-Tini the other night and it was great! They also have show cups too!

"Sounds like I may get trash

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019  Nov 2 2018, 05:00:21 PM

CedricOates said: "BroadwayBear2 said: "With the Ali "rumor" apparently she is leaving Phantom on 11/27/2018."

i was about to say the same thing! Idk this is sounding more and more true

"

I'm just hear to help stir the pot--haha

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019  Nov 2 2018, 04:41:11 PM

With the Ali "rumor" apparently she is leaving Phantom on 11/27/2018. 

THE CHER SHOW Previews  Nov 2 2018, 04:15:20 PM

Important Question: Do they have a fun and sassy themed cocktail at the bar? If so, what is it?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/28/18  Oct 29 2018, 06:59:36 PM

HogansHero said: "For any number of reasons, a comparison between HOH and Torch Song is inapt. The latter needs to improve, obviously, but it has not opened and its baked in costs much less than HOH. It is also in a significantly smaller house."

Not at all trying to say their low grosses are due to a similarity, it is just disheartening two shows showcasing the LGBT community financially "on the rocks"

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/28/18  Oct 29 2018, 03:30:40 PM

I want to comment something insightful about the ever baffling low grosses of HOH, and now Torch Song--but I can't think of anything except how sad it makes me. 

Cory Jeacoma - Jersey Boys Interview  Oct 29 2018, 02:01:57 PM

I went to Middle/High School with Cory. Did lots of shows together, he has always been a talented guy--I'm hoping he has something great lined up after Jersey Boys. 

Next Jenna in Waitress  Oct 27 2018, 10:23:44 AM

Nicolette is set to leave Waitress on 11/18/2018, so just about 3 weeks--and we have no new Jenna announced. Any rumors or developments?

What lotteries have you all won?!  Oct 26 2018, 07:30:02 PM

I usually have garbage luck, out of the tons of lotteries I enter I have only won 1, BEETLEJUICE

KING KONG - Entertaining show.  Oct 26 2018, 04:56:08 PM

Any word on what this new number is that was added to the show this week? All I have heard it is an ensemble number, but nothing further--enlighten me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You