News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaylinds

bwaylinds Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaylinds
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown Understudies  Jul 22 2019, 03:31:17 PM

I've seen the show twice, but never with Eva so I cannot compare them to her but I will say both Khalia and Jessie are phenomenal in the role. I cannot decide which of the two I prefer but Jessie has a phenomenal voice that really reminds me of Anaïs while Khalia has this raspy tone that really works with her sarcastic portrayal of Euridyce. I'm certain Eva is amazing and I was upset to miss her, but she is definitely not irreplaceable. Andre, however, is not somebody you want to

2019 Tony Awards Performances  Jun 6 2019, 10:33:15 PM

Darren Pierce said: "Ahh, that is the kind of petty I can get behind, well that and Tom."

When Once on This Island performed Mama Will Provide, (albeit mashed up with Waiting for Life) I personally saw it as them saying Alex should've been nominated. 

What shows are getting airtime at the Tony Awards?  May 30 2019, 09:46:38 AM

OKBroadwayFan said: "NOWaWarning said: "I wish the King Kong puppet was hosting."

Me too, but I was disappointed that he didn't stage door.
"

OMG, how selfish could you be? He is under no obligation to sign at the stage door. He does not owe you anything except giving it his all on stage, which you should be grateful for because I heard his understudy is horrible.

Theatre Survey  Apr 5 2019, 08:38:04 PM

Hi! I'm doing a research paper on the diversity of theatre fans and how it correlates with the diversity in shows. I was wondering if you guys would be willing to fill out a quick survey that I will use with my research. Thanks so much

http://bit.ly/apseminarsurvey

New Dear Evan Hansen  Mar 30 2019, 06:42:17 PM

I've seen all of the actors who've played Evan sans Noah Kieserman and Roman Banks and I honestly did not enjoy Andrew's performance as much as I expected to. I'd rate the "Evans" as followed.

1. Ben Levi Ross 

2. Ben Platt

3. Stephen Christopher Anthony

4. Taylor Trensch

5. Colton Ryan

6. Michael Lee Brown

7. Andrew Barth Feldman

8. Noah Galvin

As you can see, I was not a huge fan of Michael Lee Bro

Original stars who could never be replaced  Mar 30 2019, 06:25:40 PM

I thought that Ben Platt could never be topped but according to his recent music videos, Charlie Carver topped him

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 28 2019, 08:07:14 PM

I saw the show on the first night of previews after a friend of mine, a huge fan of the show, took me since his fellow superfan who he planned on going with got sick. I didn't really love the show despite the fact I'm a 16 year old queer kid, aka the target audience and should've either seen something else or stayed home but that's besides the point. I had a ticket last tuesday night that I had bought in the "squip zone" right when they went on sale because

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 6 2019, 02:43:46 PM

MyLife said: "I still think Anthony Lee Medina is the best Laurens Hamilton has ever had. For a role that dies twice, he really packs a punch."

I really liked Ruben Carbajal as Laurens/Phillip more than Medina. I hope that after the San Fransisco production, he goes to broadway.

Off-topic-ish but does anyone know if the March 2020 production in LA is going to be a new cast and a sit down production or part of one of the tours?

SOFT POWER at the Public  Feb 6 2019, 02:39:42 PM

I saw it in LA this past June and really enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would. I was hoping it would come in this season but I hope it comes in during the 2019-20 season in the spring maybe. The book has problems but I know the production at the Public will hopefully make improvments.

HERCULES to Play the Public Theatre this summer!!  Feb 6 2019, 02:36:16 PM

If the Jelani rumour is true, I'd LOVE that but I personally was hoping Isaac Cole Powell would be Hercules...

Jelani is wonderful he just looks a bit too old for the role.

16y/o Jimmy Award Winner is Bway's Next Evan Hansen  Feb 4 2019, 04:45:18 PM

He already called out yesterday because he was sick. Yikes.

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 1 2019, 11:36:52 PM

Personally, I'm frusterated they declared Brooks and Beth's charachters in The Prom leading. Yes the two of them have two big numbers each but Caitlin Kinunnen's charachter is really the emphasis of the show and much more "leading" compared to Brooks and Beth's. All that aside, the two of them would've definetly gotten nominated if they were considered featured and I could've see Beth winning, depending on how they declared the Hadestown role's elegibilit

Quality Control over casting and performances  Feb 1 2019, 11:30:03 PM

Dave13 said: "How much effort is there byproductionsto maintain the qualityof casting and performances of the original cast?

I saw Wicked on tour last night. I thought a few of the actors were just going through the motions and didn't give much effort. I thought Kara Lindsay's performance in Popular was subpar at best. How much are the actors and the performances critiqued by the Stage Directors or even Producers themselves?

With that said, I thought Jac

Most Outrageous Hypothetical Miscasts  Feb 1 2019, 11:25:43 PM

Vanessa Hudgens as Maureen - OH wait

16y/o Jimmy Award Winner is Bway's Next Evan Hansen  Feb 1 2019, 11:24:42 PM

musicals1989 said: "RWPrincess said: "I asked this question a couple days ago as well. Here in the US, there is usually a child guardian and an understudy at theater so I’ve been wondering if Michael Lee Brown is backstage when Andrew performs. I do not know what the cutoff age is though for someone to require a child guardian."

MLB is an Alternate and understudy, so yes...he is there for every performance. There's usually a clause that says once the show starts they have to be within a certain distance of the theatre in case they are called to go on...but I don't remember the details. It's the same way for all understudies in a show like this that doesn't have on-stage understudies.

http://www.playbill.com/article/ask-playbillcom-child-actors-on-broadway-com-148947

This article states "And, even on Broadway, for a performer who's under 16, the show is required to hire a supervisor for the child to be at the theatre at every performance." so it would appear not

"

Macys parade  Nov 22 2018, 11:55:05 AM

Oye!

https://twitter.com/origclemdawg/status/1065612378753179653

Funny Girl Broadway Revival? Lady gaga?  Oct 7 2018, 07:40:09 PM

I'd love to see a Cabaret revival with Gaga as the MC. 

Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)  Oct 3 2018, 12:09:24 AM

Nicolette singing what baking can do

She sounds phenomenal!

Mean Girls - Erika vs. Tee Boyich  Oct 1 2018, 11:44:10 PM

I've seen Tee as both Janis and Cady and think she's superior to Erika and Barrett. Her Cady is a lot more awkward than Erika's and she adapts less quickly to high school and it's more realistic that she genuinely has never gone to a "real school" whereas Erika's awkwardness wears off in the scene after Apex Predator. Her Janis is a lot angrier than Barrett's. I always thought Barrett's portrayal was too soft and gentle and she didn't really get

Which role has the shortest on stage time?  Oct 1 2018, 11:36:54 PM

Suprised nobody has mentioned Lulu from Waitress. She says no more than 10 words yet the show would be completely different without her brief appearance at the end.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You