News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 615theatreguy

Member Name: 615theatreguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Awards Set Question
 Jul 1 2020, 09:30:31 PM

LegallyBroadway2 said:

Sometimes props/pieces built for the Tony's might end up on tour... but most often these items are discarded or stored after the performance."

I’m not sure how accurate this is, but I was once told that the bubble used on the Wicked 2nd national tour was the one built specifically for the Kristin Chenoweth/Hugh Jackman moment at the 2003 Tony’s.  I thought that was cool! 

I also think the clock/small drago

Spongebob Tour Cast Rumor
 Nov 7 2019, 10:27:01 AM

I won the lottery and saw Tuesday night in Nashville. The cast is phenomenal! The show was a ton of fun, and I'm excited to go back later this week when I have season tickets. I've only seen photos of the original production - this tour is quite scaled back, but the stage seemed really full and well done. I had a blast!

SIDE NOTE: Tuesday was the first performance in Nashville, The show was scheduled to start at 7:30, but the house opened around 7:20, and the act

What Gives You The Right To Turn On Your Phone During The Show
 Jul 24 2019, 03:33:59 PM

I saw Pretty Woman from the very top row of the Mezz a few weeks ago. I literally saw at least 10-15 phone light up during the course of the first Act alone. It was so distracting and mind-baffling. I spoke with the house manager during intermission (after I had tried to find an usher upstairs - there were none), and she assured me that she would take care of it; however, I'm pretty sure I didn't see a single usher in the mezzanine again after the lights went down. 

Has Wicked Been Updated Over the Years?
 Jul 17 2019, 02:20:45 PM

The ending of "Wonderful" was redone as well after the London production opened. Originally, it had slightly different dialogue and the Wizard and Elphaba had a dance. Now the song ends by Elphaba interrupting the Wizard before the original dance break. 

The projections and lighting have certainly been updated. Originally, the end of Defying Gravity ended with green lights. Now it's mostly purple. I believe that change was made for the 1st National Tour. 

Times Square Partial Power Outage
 Jul 13 2019, 07:29:08 PM
Currently in the theatre district, and it looks like over half of the area is without power tonight around 7:30pm. Im curious to see if any shows will cancel or just postpone if the power doesnt return.
MEAN GIRLS TOUR CAST
 May 10 2019, 04:39:55 PM

She's incredible! Saw her as standby with the Wicked tour several years ago, and then saw her 4 times on tour last spring. She's going to kill this role!

(Also, still hoping that we'll see her back in the green make-up at the Gershwin in the next few years.) 

Harry Potter Ticket Exchanges - Options?
 May 9 2019, 01:58:11 PM

Forgive me if this has been discuss (I tried to search, but nothing has come up.) In December, I purchased tickets to Harry Potter for July. Because of the way ticketing was set it, I had to take what they assigned -- and I got Row Y. Since then, I've heard that small parts of the show are cut off, and ultimately, they don't look like great seats. Since then, I have gotten 2 emails from them announcing new ticket blocks on sale - and today's email announced that you can now "

2019-2020 Touring Season
 Apr 16 2019, 08:28:54 PM

Nashville’s 2019-2020 Season:

Dear Evan Hansen (Sept 10-15) 
Once on This Island (Oct 15-20)
The Spongebob Musical (November 5-10)
Hamilton (Dec 31-Jan 19)
My Fair Lady (February 4-9)
Escape to Margaritaville (May 5-10)
Summer (May 26-May 31)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (June 9-13)

SEASON ADD-ONS
Blue Man Group (Feb 11-16)
CATS (Nov 19-24)
Jesus Christ Superstar (March 3-
The Color Purple (March 27-29)

Also announced development in “American Prophet” about the life of Frederick Douglass with a staged reading next week.

Carole Shelley has passed away
 Sep 1 2018, 05:17:15 PM

Rest in Peace, Carole Shelley. I saw a few people talking about it on Twitter today, and Broadway World has just officially confirmed it. 

Broadway World Article

Jody Gelb Tweet

Stephanie J. Block Tweet

She was a true treasure. I loved seeing her pop-up in John Mulaney's recent Netflix special.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You